• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity OverUsed Tournament - Congratulations to Sweep!

Anti

return of the king
Years

• PokéCommunity OverUsed Tournament - Congratulations to Sweep!

Introduction
    Welcome to the PokéCommunity OverUsed Tournament!

The PC OU Tournament is a single elimination XY OU tournament that will crown PC's best OverUsed battler. The aspiration of this tournament is to become something of a competitive tradition here at PC. Most tournaments are just for fun, and while that is healthy for a casual battling community like PC, Pokemon is a competitive game. Casual tournaments make losing less of a big deal, but the same could be said about winning. The goal is to make winning this tournament mean something.

Rules
    • The Tournament's format is standard XY OU according to Smogon's tier list, which can be found here. In order to stay true to the goal of this tournament, the format is as simple as possible.
    NOTE: Currently, the tier is in a time of transition, which means that the official tier lists could change while the tournament is happening. In case that happens, the rules will stay consistent throughout the tournament. If Aegislash or something else is banned during the tournament but after it begins, it will be legal for the remainder of the tournament.
    • Please do battles on either the Smogon or PokéCommunity Pokemon Showdown! servers.
    • Please abide by the following battle clauses: Team Preview Clause, Battle Timer Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Species Clause, Soul Dew Clause

Sportsmanship
    • Do not taunt or disrespect opponents or other tournament participants. If it breaks forum and server rules about respect, it's not okay for this tournament either.
    • No one likes hax. If you miss three Focus Blasts in a row, remember that your opponent didn't rig the RNG. Be respectful about this or you will be disqualified, as per my judgment (or Wolf's or Zeffy's judgment should my neutrality be in question). It's competitive, but it's also just a game.
    • Do not scout or counter-team your opponent. You will be disqualified if you are suspected of doing this and there is convincing evidence, as per my judgment (with the same caveat as before).
    • If there is a DC, you may replay the match with either the same teams or different teams, a choice made by the user who did not DC. If victory was assured, the match will not be replayed in fairness to the would-be winner.

Format
    • This is (still) a single elimination XY OU tournament.
    • The tournament bracket will be determined randomly each round. The tournament's size with be the highest multiple of sixteen possible, rounding down, with anyone else becoming subs in case someone must drop out.
    • Each round will last for exactly five days. Completing matches is an expectation, so do not join if you are not completely certain that you will be able to complete your matches. No extensions will be granted. The winner of unfinished battles will be the more active player.
    NOTE: Failing to complete matches ruins the competitive integrity of the tournament. Things can come up, so if you need a sub, don't wait until a day before the deadline to tell us.
    • When signing up, please indicate that you are joining while including what Showdown alt(s) you use so that opponents can identify you.

Participants
    Anti (calvin benjamin, slim reaper, theblanch, worry seed op?)
    Antebellum (Antebelum)
    Zekrom (Zekrom52)
    srinator (Srinator)
    Antemortem (Antemortem, Effy Stonem, Sam Claflin)
    Zeffy (Zeffy)
    Troye (jakemusicnote, Liam Payne)
    Crobatrulez20 (TORNADUS-T LOL)
    Sweep (Sweep)
    Shrew (Shrew)
    Isaac (I'mJackin'Red, DeathToHax)
    Hasse (Hasse)
    Brendon McCullum (Brendon McCullum, IndianCharizard#)
    enigmα. (halcyonian.)
    Retribution (Lati)
    InfiniteAffinities (InfiniteAffinities, Lenub)

Round 1
    enigmα. vs. Isaac
    Hasse vs. Brendon McCullum
    Crobatrulez20 vs. Troye
    Anti vs. Zeffy O'aka XXIII
    Antemortem vs. Sweep
    Antebellum vs. Retribution
    Shrew vs. srinator
    Zekrom vs. InfiniteAffinities

Round 2
    Antebellum vs. enigmα
    Hasse vs. Shrew
    Sweep vs. Troye
    Anti vs. InfiniteAffinities

Round 3
    Anti vs. Shrew
    Sweep vs. enigmα.

Finals
    Anti vs. Sweep

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Sure, I'll join this. When does it start?

And my battle server name is Zekrom52

srinator

Srinator on server.

My time zone is gmt+5.30, and since my college will be starting soon I won't be able to flex much, I will get in touch through vm with whomever I will be facing and fix up a time ASAP.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Take 'em. Take all of my in's.

edit: battle server nick is the same as my forum username

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2015
    Id like to join ^^! - Sounds fun!

May I ask what a showdown alt is? ;p

My Showdown name is Hasse

Thanks Antemortem ^^

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Yeah I would like to join so I am 'in'

I am Brendon McCullum or IndianCharizard# on battle server

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I'll join. GMT -7 (AMST)

InfiniteAffinities is what I usually go by, although I may appear as Lenub.

Won vs Zekrom (15 post limit for replays ;-;)

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • We have sixteen sign-ups now. I'll give it a few more days to get subs and see if there's a shot that we get to 32, which I doubt, but we'll wait and see for now. Thanks to everyone for signing up!

Also, Aegislash will be permissible for this tournament regardless of the suspect test result. If there are major objections, I'll reconsider, but that's the decision I have come to.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll sign up as a sub. I wouldn't have a big problem with being a regular participant either, but I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to dedicate enough time towards this.

Time zone is EDT (UTC -4).

Back