• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    tldr: Heads up to the people playing Beta 13, it doesn't end at Cinnabar, it ends after you talk to Blue in Pallet Town and she runs out of a house. Do not attempt to continue your game or you possibly will end up permanently breaking it and corrupting your saves and may need to start over again. Its best to wait for 13 to be completed or don't go to Pallet Town.

Oh. Well. Damn. So, I'm playing Beta 13 and noticed that the description of the rom said that the game ends after completing Cinnabar, however, it didn't say that there was ACTUALLY more content after Cinnabar and to ignore it and wait for future updates.

After finishing Cinnabar, I noticed there was a little more content after Cinnabar and attempted to continue. I went back to Pallet Town, I found Blue and she was upset and stormed out of a house and I ran around everywhere in Pallet Town, noticed that nobody was in the town anymore. At this point, I looked up walkthroughs for people playing version 13 and to my dismay, none existed. Only previous versions.

So, I went out to the left of pallet town and checked the forest to find the Cubone from the beginning of the game. I immediately realized that something was EXTREMELY wrong. I defeated the Cubone and noticed the Bulbasaur run back to the 3 way junction. Talked with the Bulbasaur and it ran away and Oak came out to yell at me for being a little sht. He followed me and I went back to Virdian Gym, noticed he despawned and Bulbasaur wasn't there. Walked outside, Oak wasn't following me anymore. Went back to the 3 way junction to find Oak glitched to the bottom of my screen and then ran off screen. Then I realized, the game tried to replay itself from the moment you find Cubone.

Essentially, I ended up breaking the game and corrupted my save file. I thought maybe it was just a bug because I was experiencing several throughout my playthrough but were very minor and usually fixed themselves. This is a heads up for the people that are playing Beta 13 and this happens to you. The content doesn't end upon completing Cinnabar, it actually ends after you get back to Pallet Town and talk to Blue and she runs away. When she runs away, the game officially has no more content and further continuation will break your game possibly permanently. Don't try to repatch your game. It will further break it.

I will wait for 13 to finish entirely before restarting maybe. I put in a ton of hours just getting to this point. Sad to see it go to waste.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    tldr: Version 13 doesn't end at Cinnabar, it ends after you talk to Blue in Pallet Town and she runs out of a house. Do not attempt to continue your game or you possibly will end up permanently breaking it and corrupting your saves and may need to start over again. Its best to wait for 13 to be completed or don't go to Pallet Town.

Oh. Well. Damn. So, I'm playing version 13 and noticed that the description of the rom said that the game ends after completing Cinnabar, however, it didn't say that there was ACTUALLY more content after Cinnabar and to ignore it and wait for future updates.

After finishing Cinnabar, I noticed there was a little more content after Cinnabar and attempted to continue. I went back to Pallet Town, I found Blue and she was upset and stormed out of a house and I ran around everywhere in Pallet Town, noticed that nobody was in the town anymore. At this point, I looked up walkthroughs for people playing version 13 and to my dismay, none existed. Only previous versions.

So, I went out to the left of pallet town and checked the forest to find the Cubone from the beginning of the game. I immediately realized that something was EXTREMELY wrong. I defeated the Cubone and noticed the Bulbasaur run back to the 3 way junction. Talked with the Bulbasaur and it ran away and Oak came out to yell at me for being a little sht. He followed me and I went back to Virdian Gym, noticed he despawned and Bulbasaur wasn't there. Walked outside, Oak wasn't following me anymore. Went back to the 3 way junction to find Oak glitched to the bottom of my screen and then ran off screen. Then I realized, the game tried to replay itself from the moment you find Cubone.

Essentially, I ended up breaking the game and corrupted my save file. I thought maybe it was just a bug because I was experiencing several throughout my playthrough but were very minor and usually fixed themselves. This is a heads up for the people that are playing version 13 and this happens to you. The content doesn't end upon completing Cinnabar, it actually ends after you get back to Pallet Town and talk to Blue and she runs away. When she runs away, the game officially has no more content and further continuation will break your game possibly permanently. Don't try to repatch your game. It will further break it.

I will wait for 13 to finish entirely before restarting maybe. I put in a ton of hours just getting to this point. Sad to see it go to waste.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    What do I do after I see blue in the house that was blocked off in pallet town
    You're not supposed to trigger that cutscene at all, it is supposed to happen in one of the upcoming versions and triggering it now might screw up some other event that'll be implemented down the road.
    Anyway, what was the last plot-related thing that you did?
    Dive doesn't work at all
    Make sure that you're using it on an actual diving spot and that you teached it to a pokémon.
    The victerybell at the safri zone that appears at the house softlocks the game
    Already reported like a thousand times.
    tldr: Heads up to the people playing Beta 13, it doesn't end at Cinnabar, it ends after you talk to Blue in Pallet Town and she runs out of a house. Do not attempt to continue your game or you possibly will end up permanently breaking it and corrupting your saves and may need to start over again. Its best to wait for 13 to be completed or don't go to Pallet Town.
    That is incorrect. Please do not mislead people, that cutscene IS NOT supposed to happen in the Beta 13 Part 1. B13Pt1 ends after receiving the Volcano Badge from Blaine, as it was stated over and over again, even by Aethestode himself.

Years

Officially? I have no idea when you decided to become more important than aethestode and become the voice of this hack, and you're certainly mistaken there:frown:
    The dev has stated that it ends after getting the Volcano badge and there are many previous posts regarding the very same 'incident' that you're talking about. So plz read the posts and comments before actually deciding to write a sob story blaming others based on the mistake that you made!
    If the hack is stated to END at cinnabar island, how can there be more content after cinnabar island. Common sense i guess?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    You're not supposed to trigger that cutscene at all, it is supposed to happen in one of the upcoming versions and triggering it now might screw up some other event that'll be implemented down the road.
    Anyway, what was the last plot-related thing that you did?

Make sure that you're using it on an actual diving spot and that you teached it to a pokémon.

Already reported like a thousand times.

That is incorrect. Please do not mislead people, that cutscene IS NOT supposed to happen in the Beta 13 Part 1. B13Pt1 ends after receiving the Volcano Badge from Blaine, as it was stated over and over again, even by Aethestode himself.
    It does happen no one is misleading anyone I got the volcano badge from Blaine (didn't know it ended there) then went to pallet town saw it deserted then saw the house was unblocked then went inside and saw blue

Years
    It does happen no one is misleading anyone I got the volcano badge from Blaine (didn't know it ended there) then went to pallet town saw it deserted then saw the house was unblocked then went inside and saw blue

Sorry but i'll just put this here

Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Clearly states that it ends at CINNABAR ISLAND, not pallet town. Now, i dunno how you didnt know how it ended there, coz this piece of info is just above the download link. First rule while downloading hacks, read up the info on the intro page, its the least you can do.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Sorry but i'll just put this here

Clearly states that it ends at CINNABAR ISLAND, not pallet town. Now, i dunno how you didnt know how it ended there, coz this piece of info is just above the download link. First rule while downloading hacks, read up the info on the intro page, its the least you can do.
    1. I did read that 2. don't care what it says I know what I saw 3.Have you gone to pallet town and into the house if not I suggest you do

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Have you gone to pallet town and into the house if not I suggest you do

You're saying that as if this ROM Hack didn't have a myriad of different errors, including a chapter that is definitely not supposed to be activable in the Part 1 (Road to Stardom), actually confirmed by Aethestode.

However, that's not the case now. Since I was just moving off my own assumption that the cutscene was not supposed to be activable in Part 1 at all and it was a simply misplaced flag, I decided to ask Aethestode about it to make sure. Turns out that I was definitely wrong, it IS supposed to happen in Part 1.
    So yeah, I owe an apology to you two, charmite and AnUnfortunatePerson. You guys were totally right.

Last edited:
    Years
    You're saying that as if this ROM Hack didn't have a myriad of different errors, including a chapter that is definitely not supposed to be activable in the Part 1 (Road to Stardom), actually confirmed by Aethestode.

However, that's not the case now. Since I was just moving off my own assumption that the cutscene was not supposed to be activable in Part 1 at all and it was a simply misplaced flag, I decided to ask Aethestode about it to make sure. Turns out that I was definitely wrong, it IS supposed to happen in Part 1.
    So yeah, I owe an apology to you two, charmite and AnUnfortunatePerson. You guys were totally right.

Reely?Kinda surprising..my bad
    My apologies too to AnUnfortunatePerson and charmite:nod:..tho you don't need to go out all guns blazing for a glitch that's been mentiond in the community a few times

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022

Thank you for your apology.I am also sorry for getting mad about this.Now lets all be friends :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Oh thank god, i was reading this conversation and was like well muk i already triggered that cutscene XD

Lol rip mate but put it this way at least you get to play though this rom again.

Also anyone else not catching pokemon only using ones you get from events throughout the story?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2023
    My quick question, with Beta 13 being a reboot of Kanto what will happen with beta 12?
    As in, when the kanto reboot is complete will it be merged with the rest of the game and overwrite the kanto that exists in beta 11? Or will it be its own part that will just continuously be updated?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    My quick question, with Beta 13 being a reboot of Kanto what will happen with beta 12?
    As in, when the kanto reboot is complete will it be merged with the rest of the game and overwrite the kanto that exists in beta 11? Or will it be its own part that will just continuously be updated?
    Beta 12 existed, people played it and then it ran its course. Beta 13 is a continuation of the reboot started with the Beta 12.

ON: I modified the main post a lot while also trying to keep things as close as possible to the original design. I mostly rennovated the downloads section, removed repeated sprite sheets and garbage tags that didn't make sense, centered things, fixed some grammar mistakes. I think it looks better now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    When will Beta 12 part 2 be release.... I understand that you don't want the same incident happen in part 2 where there are glitch everywhere

Back