• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    You probably have the right rom or you wouldn't have come this far. People are reporting the same issue on the Discord as well.

Pls don't tell me this is happening even when you patch clear ROM and start a new game. This is my 5th playthrough through this game. I don't wanna start over again coz of game breaking bug, that should not be even happening(come on 7 months of development and like 2 weeks of bug testing).

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2022
    Pls don't tell me this is happening even when you patch clear ROM and start a new game. This is my 5th playthrough through this game. I don't wanna start over again coz of game breaking bug, that should not be even happening(come on 7 months of development and like 2 weeks of bug testing).

Okay, I'm not 100% sure. Maybe the guys who are stuck patched it incorrectly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024

I started a new game from a clean rom, 100% patched it right cause Ice was strong against fighting and got a new cutscene after defeating moltres. but after that second step into pallet town game would freeze. also noticed the teleporter man and his abra have vanished since i beat moltres

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    It is supposed to be and they spent a month or so checking for errors, but I guess no-one did a quick play through before releasing it.

Cause Aethstrode did say that he would do a search in the game for bugs and on the updates of this it didn't mention this

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    Hello,

I have a question about applying the Real Time Patch to the game. I tried to apply the Real Time patch to the patched Rom with Tsukuyomi, but it patches unsuccessfully every time. Can anyone provide any assistance? Appreciate the help.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I was referring to Quick Attack, not Pound.
    Well, it's impossible to tell considering that you're showing a GIF with no information, where the issue seems to be Pound doing low damage.
    Anyway, movesets have been changed, so yeah, it's probably not a bug.
    is there a list of pokemon now i remember there was but its gone
    It's not gone, it is still located in the main post as I explained before.
    so does lunar ips no longer work for the patching? because its not letting me select the new version as a patch
    You can't apply a .UPS Patch using Lunar IPS, you need to use NUPS Patcher.
    I suggest you to read DestinedJagold's "How to patch" tutorial.
    So guys can ya tell me how far beta 13 part 2 goes upto. Thanks for telling tho.
    End of the Kanto Region, as it was stated not only in the main post, but in the same post where I shared the download link for the Beta 13 Part 2.
    It's Monday, but I can't find the Shiny Spearow on Route 1.
    Try checking Route 1 around 11 AM or so.
    Has anyone gotten into pallet town without crashing? I updated my previous save it crashed, so i started a new game with the new patch and still crashed once i got back to where I was. happens here
    When starting a new savefile, make sure not to have any other .sav file or .sgm file inside your folder, just your ROM.
    If you try to start a new savefile when there's an already existing one, bad things tend to happen when it comes to ROM Hacks.
    Is there any other different regions in this version??
    No.
    How do you do the vengefull maiden chapter? First you encounter her in a Cabin how do you encounter her later? Do you have to wait to a certain time of day?
    Yes, around 2 AM if I recall correctly.
    You have a video showing the whole thing linked in my side chapters youtube playlist.
    I started a new game from a clean rom, 100% patched it right cause Ice was strong against fighting and got a new cutscene after defeating moltres. but after that second step into pallet town game would freeze. also noticed the teleporter man and his abra have vanished since i beat moltres
    Ramuh vanishing after defeating Moltres is intended behavior.
    Now, when you started your savefile, did you only have the Beta 13 Part 2 ROM in its folder and nothing else?
    If you had a .sav file in there and you started a new savefile by going into New Game like that, bad things are bound to happen.
    Lunos the chapter section in the first page is not updated.
    Pretty sure it is, but I'll check it later. Thanks.
    if i have to replay thats perfectly fine but can i just patch this over my old game file
    No. You have to apply Beta 13 Part 2's .ups patch over a Clean Pok?mon Fire Red v1.0 USA ROM and start a new savefile.
    Oy When is it gonna be released
    Lunos please tell me
    Sigh...
    So much for bug testing... how did they miss this one?
    None of the Beta Testers happened to come across this bug, we didn't miss it.
    I'll say this again, you have to apply Beta 13 Part 2's .ups patch over a Clean Pok?mon Fire Red v1.0 USA ROM and start a new savefile right there.
    If you had a .sav file in the same folder where the Beta 13 Part 2 ROM File is, and you started a new savefile by going into New Game like that, bad things are bound to happen.
    Hello,

I have a question about applying the Real Time Patch to the game. I tried to apply the Real Time patch to the patched Rom with Tsukuyomi, but it patches unsuccessfully every time. Can anyone provide any assistance? Appreciate the help.
    Make sure to check "Bypass Checksum Invalidation", or whatever it was called.
    I honestly suggest you to use NUPS Patcher instead though.
    I linked a DestinedJagold's "How to patch" tutorial up there, which shows how to apply .ups patches with it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    Well, it's impossible to tell considering that you're showing a GIF with no information, where the issue seems to be Pound doing low damage.
    Anyway, movesets have been changed, so yeah, it's probably not a bug.

It's not gone, it is still located in the main post as I explained before.

You can't apply a .UPS Patch using Lunar IPS, you need to use NUPS Patcher.
    I suggest you to read DestinedJagold's "How to patch" tutorial.

End of the Kanto Region, as it was stated not only in the main post, but in the same post where I shared the download link for the Beta 13 Part 2.

Try checking Route 1 around 11 AM or so.

When starting a new savefile, make sure not to have any other .sav file or .sgm file inside your folder, just your ROM.
    If you try to start a new savefile when there's an already existing one, bad things tend to happen when it comes to ROM Hacks.

No.

Yes, around 2 AM if I recall correctly.
    You have a video showing the whole thing linked in my side chapters youtube playlist.

Ramuh vanishing after defeating Moltres is intended behavior.
    Now, when you started your savefile, did you only have the Beta 13 Part 2 ROM in its folder and nothing else?
    If you had a .sav file in there and you started a new savefile by going into New Game like that, bad things are bound to happen.

Pretty sure it is, but I'll check it later. Thanks.

No. You have to apply Beta 13 Part 2's .ups patch over a Clean Pok?mon Fire Red v1.0 USA ROM and start a new savefile.

Sigh...

None of the Beta Testers happened to come across this bug, we didn't miss it.
    I'll say this again, you have to apply Beta 13 Part 2's .ups patch over a Clean Pok?mon Fire Red v1.0 USA ROM and start a new savefile right there.
    If you had a .sav file in the same folder where the Beta 13 Part 2 ROM File is, and you started a new savefile by going into New Game like that, bad things are bound to happen.

Make sure to check "Bypass Checksum Invalidation", or whatever it was called.
    I honestly suggest you to use NUPS Patcher instead though.
    I linked a DestinedJagold's "How to patch" tutorial up there, which shows how to apply .ups patches with it.

Thanks for the advice, but I tried the recommended post and NUPS patcher. It says the rom was successfully patched but when I play the game the clock is still stuck at 12:00.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2022
    Thanks for the advice, but I tried the recommended post and NUPS patcher. It says the rom was successfully patched but when I play the game the clock is still stuck at 12:00.

I'm guessing either your emulator doesn't support the Real Time Clock or you haven't enabled it.

Back