• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • Thanks for the advice, but I tried the recommended post and NUPS patcher. It says the rom was successfully patched but when I play the game the clock is still stuck at 12:00.
    Are you by any chance playing on mGBA? If so, there's a RTC Fix Patch in the main post.
    If you're using the latest version of VBA-M, the solution is to use an older version, like VBA v1.8.0 Beta 3 or one of the 2009 versions of VBA-M.
    If you're already using such versions of VBA, you have to make sure to enable Real Time Clock Option by going to Options > Emulator.
    we8QQPc.png

Link, in case the picture doesn't show up: https://i.imgur.com/we8QQPc.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    On page 331 Aethestode mentions a gay romance subplot in the Sevii Islands. Is this still in game, and if so what's it about? What characters are involved (no spoilers pls)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    Are you by any chance playing on mGBA? If so, there's a RTC Fix Patch in the main post.
    If you're using the latest version of VBA-M, the solution is to use an older version, like VBA v1.8.0 Beta 3 or one of the 2009 versions of VBA-M.
    If you're already using such versions of VBA, you have to make sure to enable Real Time Clock Option by going to Options > Emulator.
    we8QQPc.png

Link, in case the picture doesn't show up: https://i.imgur.com/we8QQPc.png

Thanks again for the reply. Your instructions are very clear, and I got it to work now.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • How do i get past the 2 girls singing on route 5
    That's the path to Saffron City. You can only go there after the events in Cinnabar Island and Pallet Town.
    If you're going to Route 5 from Cerulean City, go all south in order to reach Route 6 and Vermilion City.

ON: If someone who's experiencing the freeze when reaching Pallet Town after the events in Cinnabar Island wants to help, please hit me up on Discord (Lunos#4026).
    I'd like to check if the issue is emulator-related, so I need them to try a specific version of VBA.

Last edited:

glong279

A Royal Knight
    Years
  • Is it okay if I get to New Island before the Elite 4?
    Also, I can't finish the conversation with Green in Pallet Town since it always ends with a blackscreen.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2019
    That's the path to Saffron City. You can only go there after the events in Cinnabar Island and Pallet Town.
    If you're going to Route 5 from Cerulean City, go all south in order to reach Route 6 and Vermilion City.

ON: If someone who's experiencing the freeze when reaching Pallet Town after the events in Cinnabar Island wants to help, please hit me up on Discord (Lunos#4026).
    I'd like to check if the issue is emulator-related, so I need them to try a specific version of VBA.

Sorry maybe I didn?t express myself the right way. I?ve already done moltress battle on cinnabar island and so i thought that i should go to saffran. Where should i go after the moltress battle? Btw thanks for the Quick reply :)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Is it okay if I get to New Island before the Elite 4?
    New Island is the location of a Side Chapter. I don't think you're gonna find any issues if you complete said Side Chapter before beating the League.
    Sorry maybe I didn?t express myself the right way. I?ve already done moltress battle on cinnabar island and so i thought that i should go to saffran. Where should i go after the moltress battle? Btw thanks for the Quick reply :)
    After Cinnabar Island, you go to Route 21 and reach Pallet Town to proceed with the plot.
    After the events in Oak's Lab, you do have to go to Saffron City through Route 5.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Did my question not correctly post? I'm new so I'm not sure
    No, your post does show up correctly. I simply cannot answer your question because I don't know the answer.
    Considering the page of this thread where Aethestode wrote that post, that event might happen in the Beta 11, but I can't remember it really, and even if it does, I don't know if it'll be included again now, once Aethestode recreates the Sevii Islands.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Is the pallet town freeze glitch getting fixed any time soon?
    It's impossible to tell. I think that Aethestode is probably sleeping right now, so we'll have to wait and see what happens once he logs in again.

ON: I was able to do some testing thanks to someone who decided to share their savefile. It looks like the freeze in Pallet Town issue comes directly from Aethestode's patch.
    I checked the savefile in both, a ROM with the latest patch provided by Aethestode and a ROM with the latest beta testing patch which is private.
    The issue happened in the ROM with Aethestode's last patch (the same one that's in the main post of this thread right now), but it didn't in the ROM with the last beta testing patch.

I would personally like to share that patch, but I rather not go out of my way and respect Aethestode's decisions. So please wait patiently, thanks.

EDIT: Fixed.
    Apply over a Clean Pok?mon Fire Red v1.0 ROM, make sure the ROM File and your .sav file have the same filename and have fun.
    (Removed)

EDIT2: Removed the download again because yet another game-breaking issue has appeared. Please understand and wait patiently.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • That is lightning speed testing. I was just about to report it.
    I learned one or two things while testing this hack.
    https://i.imgur.com/xzZxfY6.png

ON: In the meantime, another Betamon for the collection. It's "Manboo-1".
    TCRF translated the name as "Sunmola1", but it looks like Aethestode is gonna roll with "Ankor" which makes more sense.
    Needless to say, it's the pre-evolution of the previously shown Ikari/Anchorage.
    ankor.png

This was intended to be an alternative evolution for Weepinbell, it's called "Tsubomitto".
    TCRF translated it as "Belmitt" but it looks like Aethestode is gonna call it "Victree"?
    victree.png

By the way, the new download is here.
    This time, everything seems to be working correctly.
    inb4 another game-breaking issue is found.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8oh4obsri7nwdel/Beta 13 Part 2D.ups

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2019
    I learned one or two things while testing this hack.
    https://i.imgur.com/xzZxfY6.png

ON: In the meantime, another Betamon for the collection. It's "Manboo-1".
    TCRF translated the name as "Sunmola1", but it looks like Aethestode is gonna roll with "Ankor" which makes more sense.
    Needless to say, it's the pre-evolution of the previously shown Ikari/Anchorage.
    ankor.png

This was intended to be an alternative evolution for Weepinbell, it's called "Tsubomitto".
    TCRF translated it as "Belmitt" but it looks like Aethestode is gonna call it "Victree"?
    victree.png

By the way, the new download is here.
    This time, everything seems to be working correctly.
    inb4 another game-breaking issue is found.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8oh4obsri7nwdel/Beta 13 Part 2D.ups
    Thank you! been waiting so long to play it

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2019
    Route 5 (on the way to Saffron) has an invisible barrier that pushes me backwards 1 tile and an exclamation mark show up above my character and the game freezes :/

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Game freezes when I approach Saffron from Route 5.
    Route 5 (on the way to Saffron) has an invisible barrier that pushes me backwards 1 tile and an exclamation mark show up above my character and the game freezes :/
    Beta 13 Part 2d is working fine on my end, so I honestly don't know what to say.
    Visual_Boy_Advance_M_2018-06-26_10-00-50.png

Tested with VBA 1.7.2, mGBA Nightly and VBA-M 878.

I basically loaded a savefile that I had before reaching Pallet Town after Cinnabar Island, played normally and everything worked correctly.
    You guys are going from Cinnabar Island, to Pallet Town, to Oak's Lab and then to Route 5, right?
    I might sound like a broken record, but you're not resuming a Beta 13 Part 1 savefile, right?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2019
    Beta 13 Part 2d is working fine on my end, so I honestly don't know what to say.

I basically loaded a savefile that I had before reaching Pallet Town after Cinnabar Island, played normally and everything worked correctly.
    You guys are going from Cinnabar Island, to Pallet Town, to Oak's Lab and then to Route 5, right?
    I might sound like a broken record, but you're not resuming a Beta 13 Part 1 savefile, right?

Yeah i first went to pallet town, played trough the events in oaks lab and went to route 5

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024

That could be it. So the only way to play this is to start from the beginning? (I apologies if this is a dumb question; I am not all that smart :P)

Back