• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    darn. I guess I can understand that but that doesmake things rough as I suck at algebra and get headaches from doing complex math

Years
  • I encountered a problem in the last version. It seems like I can't get past Route 5. When I go past the place where the two npc's were throwing lyrics, just before a sign my character gets stopped with an exclamation sign, jumps backwards and I lost control of the game, so I have to reset. It happens on VBA and on Myboy

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I encountered a problem in the last version. It seems like I can't get past Route 5. When I go past the place where the two npc's were throwing lyrics, just before a sign my character gets stopped with an exclamation sign, jumps backwards and I lost control of the game, so I have to reset. It happens on VBA and on Myboy
    1) Are you sure you're playing the latest version, Beta 13 Part 2F?
    2) Are you using a savefile from a previous patch or not?
    3) Are you using a Pre-Patched ROM or you applied the patch by yourself?
    I'll be waiting for those answers before proceeding, but one option is using the walk through wall cheat code.
    Using it would mean that you're going to be on your own though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1) Are you sure you're playing the latest version, Beta 13 Part 2F?
    2) Are you using a savefile from a previous patch or not?
    3) Are you using a Pre-Patched ROM or you applied the patch by yourself?
    I'll be waiting for those answers before proceeding, but one option is using the walk through wall cheat code.
    Using it would mean that you're going to be on your own though.

1) Pretty sure
    2) My savefile is from the first Beta 13, I think
    3) I applied the patch by myself using LUPS. Is there a Pre-Patched ROM out there?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • 2) My savefile is from the first Beta 13, I think
    That's your issue then. Beta 13 Part 1 savefiles aren't compatible with the Beta 13 Part 2. You were supposed to start a clean savefile.
    Otherwise, you can workaround the issue using cheat codes. Good luck with that though.
    3) I applied the patch by myself using LUPS. Is there a Pre-Patched ROM out there?
    There's tons of Pre-Patched ROMs distributed without permission out there, and you shouldn't use any.
    Applying the patch manually should always be the way to go.
    So SwampertX can?t be caught anymore? Just curious.
    No, but you can get MudkipX and MarshtompX using the fishing rod in that underwater cave.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Encountered a problem in Blue's Tale 2. I'm trapped and a rocket NPC is blocking the way out and the warp tile will only push me back. (screenshot below, apologies if it's really blurry)

QBxqHnY

I am using the current version on the game but I'm playing on mobile ( My Boy! Free emulator). Hope that the patch / solution isn't too complex.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Encountered a problem in Blue's Tale 2. I'm trapped and a rocket NPC is blocking the way out and the warp tile will only push me back. (screenshot below, apologies if it's really blurry)
    iGknXNz.png

I am using the current version on the game but I'm playing on mobile ( My Boy! Free emulator). Hope that the patch / solution isn't too complex.
    You posted the wrong link, I fixed it for you.
    In any case, as it's been mentioned tons of times in the last 2 or 3 pages, Blue's Tale #2 is kinda buggy right now, so avoid it.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I unlocked the bonus chapter in cerulean city involving the swampert, but after Andrew gets pulled under I cant seem to advance the bonus chapter's plot. What do I do next? I thought the officer jenny near the pool along the way to Bill's place could be key but she doesnt say anything new when I speak to her

Years
  • That's your issue then. Beta 13 Part 1 savefiles aren't compatible with the Beta 13 Part 2. You were supposed to start a clean savefile.
    Otherwise, you can workaround the issue using cheat codes. Good luck with that though.

I see... Thank you, Lunos! I'll see what to do then.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I unlocked the bonus chapter in cerulean city involving the swampert, but after Andrew gets pulled under I cant seem to advance the bonus chapter's plot. What do I do next? I thought the officer jenny near the pool along the way to Bill's place could be key but she doesnt say anything new when I speak to her
    Go to Route 25, surf and speak with the little girl, then go back with Jenny and tell her what happened.
    Playthrough in the youtube playlist inside the side chapter starting point guide at the main post.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Can i transfer my data from beta 13 2f to 13 3f when it comes out
    There's not gonna be a "Beta 13 3F", the next version is gonna be the Beta 14, and no, you won't be able to "transfer your savefile".
    As it was said more than twice already, Aethestode expanded the bag and that automatically breaks previous savefiles.

Vegavoyd

Mawile Lover
    Years
  • There's not gonna be a "Beta 13 3F", the next version is gonna be the Beta 14, and no, you won't be able to "transfer your savefile".
    As it was said more than twice already, Aethestode expanded the bag and that automatically breaks previous savefiles.

So you?re saying that we?re gonna have to restart from the very beginning ?

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2018
    One important question: Where would you find the right squirrel file to patch?
    I tried using multiple FireRed ROMs that I found online and all of them ran into "checksum invalid."
    NOTE: I used tsukuyomi for patching.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • One important question: Where would you find the right squirrel file to patch?
    I tried using multiple FireRed ROMs that I found online and all of them ran into "checksum invalid."
    NOTE: I used tsukuyomi for patching.
    There is a single Fire Red ROM dumped by Squirrels, so there isn't a wrong choice.
    Also, make sure to check "Bypass Invalid Checksum" or whatever it was called when patching with Tsukuyomi.

Back