• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Well i am quite new to this but i am pretty sure i saw some/one youtuber/s play the orange archipelago before like a year or so was it a limited version or a bugged one ??? i am really confused

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Well i am quite new to this but i am pretty sure i saw some/one youtuber/s play the orange archipelago before like a year or so was it a limited version or a bugged one ??? i am really confused
    The Orange Archipelago was featured in the Beta 11, before the hack was rebooted for its Beta 12.
    You can find the Beta 11 in the main post, if you wanna try it. I left it there for curious people who wanted to experience the hack before it was restarted.

ON:
    BETA_14_289.png
    BETA_14_300.png
    BETA_14_301.png

BETA_14_302.png
    BETA_14_304.png
    BETA_14_307.png

BETA_14_310.png
    BETA_14_332.png
    BETA_14_336.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    i restarted the game because i had not file and my bulbasaur is 31 lvl and still not evolved to ivysaur. On my previous save it evolved after i beat LT surge for first time, but now i have reached to lavender town and it is still bulbasaur

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2019
    How can I go to Orange Archipelago? I have ticket and im Kanto champion but there isnt any blimp in Vermilion

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • i restarted the game because i had not file and my bulbasaur is 31 lvl and still not evolved to ivysaur. On my previous save it evolved after i beat LT surge for first time, but now i have reached to lavender town and it is still bulbasaur
    Bulbasaur evolves into Ivysaur with enough friendship or after the scripted battle with a Karate Man in Route 8.
    Ivysaur evolves into Venusaur with enough friendship or before the battle against Zapmolcuno.
    How can I go to Orange Archipelago? I have ticket and im Kanto champion but there isnt any blimp in Vermilion
    Beta 13 ends after winning the Pok?mon League. The Orange Archipelago will be implemented in the Beta 14.

EDIT:
    Note: To view the picture in full size you can use Right Click > View Image on Firefox, or its equivalent on Chrome.
    firefox_2018-08-06_11-14-49.png

New-_Lore---_Timeline.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2018
    There's your problem. You don't load a savestate or a quicksave when you change ROMs.
    What you have to do is localize your .sav file, rename it so it'll have the same name as your Beta 13 Part 2F ROM, and then resume your savefile normally.

If you didn't save In-Game, then yeah, you'll have to start again.

ON:
    BETA_14_285.png
    BETA_14_286.png

BETA_14_287.png
    BETA_14_288.png

I somehow managed to update my rom to the newest patch and keep my save state. I also used the Glitch Cleaner but I still get these random blackscreen errors. Apparently it doesnt have something to do with the mewtwo cave because i got it in random places too.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I somehow managed to update my rom to the newest patch and keep my save state. I also used the Glitch Cleaner but I still get these random blackscreen errors. Apparently it doesnt have something to do with the mewtwo cave because i got it in random places too.
    If you keep using a save state from a previous ROM instead of a proper savefile, bad things are bound to happen. You do you.

EDIT: New lore expanded.
    The picture is huge (like, SERIOUSLY HUGE) so I'll leave the download instead of linking it directly. I doubt there's an image hosting out there that allows to upload a pic this big anyway.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/vi98afezs4oi3zp/Lore.png

Last edited:

pokemon123-

Potato Man
    Years
  • By the gods, this has been one of the best hacks that I've ever played, and I've had my fair share of PokeROM hacks since early 2008. The transition of the map palette from Beta 11 to Beta 13/14 is just astounding, and I hope to see the day that this hack will be finished up until Orre. Kudos to you, Aesthestode!

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Yay Beta 11 revival is back

Now i wonder how Ash Ketchup would be strong, and will they fix his pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2023
    Could you just get rid of the 510 EV cap? Let everything max out with 1,530 EVs so the player doesn?t have to worry about such a tedious growth system in a game this long. It would be the same as Stat Experience from Gen I/II - just give important trainers maxed out IVs/EVs throughout the game

Zach!

Alola!
    Years
  • Warning: Some of the content implemented in this ROM Hack may be considered unfit for kids.
    You have been warned.

Warning: Support for cheats is not offered, if you decide to use them, you're on your own.

image.png

~Hack Info and Story~
    Title: Pok?mon Adventure - Red Chapter
    Creator: Aethestode

Rom Base: Pok?mon Fire Red 1.0
    This game is based on the Pok?mon Adventure/Special manga. The game follows the manga with added extras. The Kanto Region and Sevii Islands arc follow the manga closely while the storylines for the other regions are made up.

~Awards~
    image.png

image.png

image.png

~Special Features~
    These are some of features that Red Chapter currently has or that are planned for the final version of the hack.
    Spoiler:

~Chapters~
    The events of this hack are categorized by chapters.
    Here is the different lists of chapters that each region has or will have as new versions come out.

Spoiler:

~Media~
    ~Kanto Region Screenshots~
    These are some screenshots of the Kanto Region in the Beta 12.
    image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

~Bonus Chapter Screenshots~
    These are some screenshots of the bonus chapters in the Beta 12.
    image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

~Update~
    You can check all the updates published after the release of the Beta 13 Part 1 by clicking right here.

~Credits~
    • MrDollSteak - Gen 3 Rombase
    • DoesntKnowHowToPlay - ASM Routines
    • Darthatron - B2/W2 Repel System
    • Peetzaahhh - Pok?mon Logo
    • Jambo51 - ASM Routines
    • JPAN - Hacked Engine
    • Danzen the real 1 - Sprite
    • Soloo993 - Trainer Sprites
    • Thedarkdragon11 - Gen 7 Sprites
    • Computer Max (aka CompuMax) - Colour Badges
    • xSky - Spriting
    • C067912881 - Spriting
    • Blizzard - Spriting
    • Umbralwisp - Spriting
    • Ruki - HP Bar
    • jiangzhengwenjzw - Mugshots, EV-IV Screen and Extra Movement Code
    • Naren Jr - Pok?mon Menu
    • il1dan - Pok?mon Type Icons

~Downloads~
    Get a Fire Red Squirrel rom and using a UPS patcher, apply the UPS patch file onto a clean Fire Red rom.

~Beta 11~
    In terms of content, Beta 11 has: Kanto Region, Orange Archipelago, Sevii Islands, Mirage Island and a bit of the Hoenn Region.
    Development for this version has ended long ago and it is only here for archival purposes.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/047wm2h01kt3ps4/RCB11.ups

~Beta 13~
    Below is the latest Beta 13 patch (June 25, 2018).
    This beta officially ends after winning the Kanto Region's Pok?mon League.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/hkym53km70gv8hi/Beta 13 Part 2F.ups

~Real Time Clock Fix~
    In certain emulators (more specifically mGBA and VBA-M), the RTC will not work and the In-Game Clock will remain stuck in 12:00 / 12pm.
    In order to fix that, you must do one of two things depending on which emulator you're using.

For mGBA, you have to apply the patch created by Endrift (the developer of mGBA) to your ROM.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9837244&postcount=12820

There's 2 versions, a .ips patch and a .ups patch. Both are the same so use whichever you prefer.
    .ips patches can be applied using an IPS Patcher like Lunar IPS

For VBA-M, you have to follow the instructions stated by retro-wertz right here.

~Bugs~
    This is a list of the bugs already found in the upcoming Beta 13 Part 2 and their current status.
    Please check it out before reporting a bug in the Beta 13 Part 1.

Also, if you're playing Red Chapter on mGBA, keep in mind that the additional costumes might make the game crash. In that case, just use VBA.

~Guides~
    In this section you can find guides written by the Players of Pok?mon Adventure - Red Chapter.

~Beta 11~
    -Valencia Island Loop Workaround written by DonutHead: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9675231&postcount=10840

~Beta 13~
    -Pok?mon Location List written by Lunos: https://pastebin.com/WcKaGmYA
    -Side Quest Starting Points List written by Lunos: https://pastebin.com/WtExUR1B
    -TMs and HMs Location List written by Lunos: https://pastebin.com/2eMXGhqy

-Eeveevolutions' Base Stats and Abilities written by ghfrc#2535: https://pastebin.com/vkZ4j2dQ

~Discord~
    Pok?mon Adventure - Red Chapter has its own Discord Server.
    You can see the latest updates of this ROM Hack as soon as Aethestode releases them by joining.
    If you want to join, then you can send a Private Message to me, Valezio or DarkCacos and we will gladly give you an invitation.

~Support~
    You can support this hack by adding one of these userbars to your signature.
    b.png

a.png
    d.png

mjTeA22Y9ECxz37Jl7_j1bkZZNe1aVC46Z-hpC2Pq1k=w555-h140-no

c.jpg

Yo, big bug here the game is not working right. I had to restart my game since i failed at the Articuno part of it. but it was saved. the game fucked up alot. the text is unreadable. Release a fix please?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Could you just get rid of the 510 EV cap? Let everything max out with 1,530 EVs so the player doesn?t have to worry about such a tedious growth system in a game this long. It would be the same as Stat Experience from Gen I/II - just give important trainers maxed out IVs/EVs throughout the game
    I don't think that's possible in Pok?mon Fire Red with the current methods of ROM Hacking, or at least I haven't seen any research about the matter.
    If you find anything, I could suggest it on the Discord server.
    Yo, big bug here the game is not working right. I had to restart my game since i failed at the Articuno part of it. but it was saved. the game ****ed up alot. the text is unreadable. Release a fix please?
    Sounds like a You problem. The ROM works perfectly fine on certain emulators, and mostly fine in the majority of them.

1) Make sure you applied the patch over a Clean Pok?mon Fire Red v1.0 USA ROM, like the Squirrels one.
    2) Make sure you're using NUPS Patcher.
    3) Make sure you're using MyBoy! if you're on Android or VBA/VBA-M on PC.
    4) If you have a savefile from the Beta 13 Part 1, it is not compatible so make sure you start a clean new savefile.

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • love this Rom hack and i played through beta 13 part 2. (like 3 months ago) and im liking the way the rom hack has been changed. im currently playing the old beta 11 to see what it was like. and what i have to say is good job restarting the hack and making it 2x better. i know people complain to aesthesode about why he restarted, but i think it was a great move especially with the unique dialogue sprites. prove all the haters and mad fans that redoing this game was a fantastic move cause in my opinion beta 13 part 2 is better than beta 11. and one more thing i really like the potential Blue (in the game shes called blue but from what i remember about the manga shes called green ) and Red love story, thats a really good move because in my opinion Red and Blue (remember the girl character) were totally meant for each other. (you find this out in the festival chapter that Red likes Blue) hopefully Blue does not do one of her tricks and decides to start flirting with green because i really do not like Green. anyways im excited for beta 14 and im curious to see what lies ahead for the trio. thanks for creating and redoing a 5 star rom hack that totally deserves hack of the year 2018!!!! thats all for now, and keep up the great work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2018
    love this Rom hack and i played through beta 13 part 2. (like 3 months ago) and im liking the way the rom hack has been changed. im currently playing the old beta 11 to see what it was like. and what i have to say is good job restarting the hack and making it 2x better. i know people complain to aesthesode about why he restarted, but i think it was a great move especially with the unique dialogue sprites. prove all the haters and mad fans that redoing this game was a fantastic move cause in my opinion beta 13 part 2 is better than beta 11. and one more thing i really like the potential Blue (in the game shes called blue but from what i remember about the manga shes called green ) and Red love story, thats a really good move because in my opinion Red and Blue (remember the girl character) were totally meant for each other. (you find this out in the festival chapter that Red likes Blue) hopefully Blue does not do one of her tricks and decides to start flirting with green because i really do not like Green. anyways im excited for beta 14 and im curious to see what lies ahead for the trio. thanks for creating and redoing a 5 star rom hack that totally deserves hack of the year 2018!!!! thats all for now, and keep up the great work.
    nah m8 i ship red and the original blue lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    I'm just here to see some updates.
    Everytime i see update gives me chills lol.

Just asking one question though.
    Do i need to patch the game on my own or the downloadable file is already compatible to android emulators? [IM USING MY BOY! FREE]

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Just asking one question though.
    Do i need to patch the game on my own or the downloadable file is already compatible to android emulators? [IM USING MY BOY! FREE]
    You have to apply the patch posted in the first post by yourself, you can't open a .ups patch with a GBA Emulator.

To apply the patch, you'll need 3 things:
    -A patcher that supports the .ups file format (ROM Patcher or UniPatcher on Android, NUPS Patcher or Tsukuyomi on Windows)
    -A Clean Pok?mon Fire Red v1.0 USA ROM (like the ROM dumped by Squirrels)
    -And the latest .ups patch file of Red Chapter, which right now is the Beta 13 Part 2F.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    If the gym leaders in pokemon let's go confirmed to have one mega's in their team , i hope the same will apply to this rom hehe .. for example after you beat the full game in the future, i hope you can re-challenge the past gym leaders and they acquired a mega stones :) this is just a suggestion for the future. It's not a request for the next update :)

Back