• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Hi lunos, there is seem to be a bug in the voodoo bonus chapter after catching the Pokémon voodoo. I am unable to talk to both the father and mother of Sougo, there is no dialogue at all. Is that a glitch? Or is it possible if u can help to reset the flag for the chapter instead. It doesn't affect the main game which i have completed though. Also the teleporter in Kanto disappears. I figured out that the flag for team rocket capturing everyone in pallet town to saffron has been triggered again. However, I am unable to resolve this bug as I had alrdy complete that story which is not suppose to happen again...
    And you are playing on the latest version of the hack (Beta 15.4) with a clean savefile, yes?
    Pre-Patched ROMs are a no-no.
    the Postgame when i talk to Blue. the game froze is there any thing to do with her post game . Thanks for helping
    No, there isn't anything to do with her in the postgame, as far as I know.
    How do I return back to Orange Island? I just finish chater 1 on the Orange Saga, the next chapter required me to go find Prof. Ivy, I try to goes around and end up return back to the blimp to check but when I exit the blimp, I return back to Vermilion! and unable to go back to Orange islands. Please help
    Sounds like an old bug that was already fixed. If you're using a Pre-Patched ROM, don't.
    How do you get kangaskhoo
    You can catch one in the Secret Village Bonus Chapter that can be started by talking to the Kangaskhan in Viridian Forest some time after the events that happen in there.

Otherwise, you can raise a Male Kangaskid to Lv20 and that should work as well.

A User

Living Life as a Background Character
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Cali
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    And you are playing on the latest version of the hack (Beta 15.4) with a clean savefile, yes?

No, there isn't anything to do with her in the postgame, as far as I know.

Sounds like an old bug that was already fixed. If you're using a Pre-Patched ROM, don't.

You can catch one in the Secret Village Bonus Chapter that can be started by talking to the Kangaskhan in Viridian Forest some time after the events that happen in there.

Otherwise, you can raise a Male Kangaskid to Lv20 and that should work as well.

thanks

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2020
    Hey, I'm trying to play this hack with the methods you talked about in the documentation on the 1st page. I am trying to do this on both VBA 1.7.2 and VBA 1.8.0 just in case one works and the other doesn't cause software is finnicky. I found two different versions of the Pokemon FireRed ROM online (one is Pokemon FireRed Version (U) (V1.1) and the other is Pokemon FireRed Version (USA, Europe) (Rev 1)) and have tried twice with both emulators to use NUPS patcher and ROM patcher JS to make the hack playable. However, both times, I boot up and am met with a white screen and crackling noises. I tried changing the save type like you said in the FAQs but that doesn't do anything either.

Is there a specific ROM i need to use to make the hack playable? If it helps, when I try and use ROM patcher JS and I select my FireRed ROM and the UPS file, it says Source ROM checksum mismatch. After looking online, I can't really make sens of that. I am also trying to play Beta 15.4.

Thanks for any and all help, this hack looks super dope and I would love to play it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, I'm trying to play this hack with the methods you talked about in the documentation on the 1st page. I am trying to do this on both VBA 1.7.2 and VBA 1.8.0 just in case one works and the other doesn't cause software is finnicky. I found two different versions of the Pokemon FireRed ROM online (one is Pokemon FireRed Version (U) (V1.1) and the other is Pokemon FireRed Version (USA, Europe) (Rev 1)) and have tried twice with both emulators to use NUPS patcher and ROM patcher JS to make the hack playable. However, both times, I boot up and am met with a white screen and crackling noises. I tried changing the save type like you said in the FAQs but that doesn't do anything either.

Is there a specific ROM i need to use to make the hack playable? If it helps, when I try and use ROM patcher JS and I select my FireRed ROM and the UPS file, it says Source ROM checksum mismatch. After looking online, I can't really make sens of that. I am also trying to play Beta 15.4.

Thanks for any and all help, this hack looks super dope and I would love to play it.

I can't speak for the Rev1 rom you mentioned, but I know for a fact that Lunos has mentioned that v1.1 roms do not work. I just patched my rom and it boots fine. I used the Squirrels version. It has the rom number as 1636 as well.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    I don't need to repeat myself. I think I left things very clear in the main post.
    Rev1 (aka v1.1) =/= v1.0, and this IS a hack of Pokémon Fire Red v1.0, so yeah.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022

Hi Lunos, I am playing on the latest version 15.4 and im using a clean save file. If possible, I can send u my save file over and you can help me fix the above issue?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    i would just like to know if i can evolve my porygon2 into a porygon z and if it isnt available can pory2 still get buffed by eviolite?
    Checking old messages, Aethestode said at some point that Porygon2 evolves by levelling up while holding a Wireframe or the Exp. Share, so give that a shot.

As for whether Porygon2 can be boosted by the Eviolite, assuming the item was implemented correctly in MrDollSteak's base, it should.
    As long as the Pokémon can still evolve, the item should work normally.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2022
    I got a strange bug/glitch.
    Since the only main quest left I have is the Orange League, I went back to Kanto to catch the corpses from Lavender Tower. I got them and then went to Rasmus to teleport to Vermillion. But then he wasn´t anymore in Vermillion city nor any other cities. I reloaded and went back to Vermillion by foot from Lavender and the same. However I still could go back to the Orange Archipelago and the Rasmus counterpart there still working fine, but there is no more teleport man in Kanto.

And yes, I have a clean savefile and I patched the 1.0 rom myself.

I haven't really lost anything yet since I didn't save ingame, just in case I got the problem of not being able to take the blimp back and I did savestates when I arrived to Kanto

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hi, is there any way to play this on the 3ds (homebrew)? I couldn't find anything really useful on the internet, nor in this topic.
    I tried 15.4 patch on RF 1.0 and it run with VBA, but doesn't with the 3ds- crashes in the beginning of the rom launch.
    Also if there was a way to implement the patch for RTC - i tried to install that on the patched gba file (first 15.4 ups, then rtc fix) but it says "the patch doenst match the file. patch canceled"

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Also if there was a way to implement the patch for RTC - i tried to install that on the patched gba file (first 15.4 ups, then rtc fix) but it says "the patch doenst match the file. patch canceled"
    If you're using the .ups version of the patch, you must check "Ignore" where it says "If file is invalid" in NUPS Patcher.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2020
    Hi!

I've just beaten Missingno in the network, then got back to Valencia Island, had the sweet dialogues with Green, Blue and Delia, and then Delia says I should check in with Prof. Ivy, and the player automatically enters her lab. But when I talk to her, she just says the same message she said when I first got in the archipelago: "Have fun in the Orange Archipelago". Is there anyway I can fix that? My latest save file is just before battling Porygon/Missingno.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2022
    And are you sure that you're playing on the Beta 15.4 specifically? Pre-Patched ROMs are a no-no.

Yes, I am. I've formatted my computer a month ago so I'm pretty sure there aren't old versions of the hack in the HDD. The patch file I have is: "Beta 15.4 (For New Save savefile).ups", which I downloaded from the main post.

I've been cheking it out again from the last save point in Valencia Island and still happen the same. I haven't notice it before but the only working Rasmus is the one from Lavender Town (last time I walked from Vermillion to Lavender). And Pallet Town is empty, just like after the events on Cinnabar Island. There are only Red's mom in their house and the Pokemon Go people upstairs... and the crashing-game Blue in her house.
    Still, it itsn't a big problem at this point of the game, really, but a bit strange and I don't know what caused it.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    I've just beaten Missingno in the network, then got back to Valencia Island, had the sweet dialogues with Green, Blue and Delia, and then Delia says I should check in with Prof. Ivy, and the player automatically enters her lab.
    Are you talking about the epilogue of the events in Valencia Island? Because Delia didn't tell you to check in with Prof. Ivy, she told you that she was visiting her to apologize for all the damage she caused.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2020
    Are you talking about the epilogue of the events in Valencia Island? Because Delia didn't tell you to check in with Prof. Ivy, she told you that she was visiting her to apologize for all the damage she caused.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Sorry for the confusion, it's just that the player automatically enters the lab after Delia goes away, so I must have created the memory of her telling something like that. Should I do something else other than talking to Prof. Ivy then? When that happened, I checked a walkthrough of the game and it said that the player should talk to her and then a dialogue would start, Green would appear and so on.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    If you're using the .ups version of the patch, you must check "Ignore" where it says "If file is invalid" in NUPS Patcher.

Yeah did that but didn't work. I am trying to play it with VC injection, tried with mgba and it does start up (so the rom is okay) but is sooo slowed down that is unplayable!! do you know of any fix/workaround?? i heard that probably is an hardware thing, being it the new 3ds.... But i really hoped to play it.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Sorry for the confusion, it's just that the player automatically enters the lab after Delia goes away, so I must have created the memory of her telling something like that. Should I do something else other than talking to Prof. Ivy then? When that happened, I checked a walkthrough of the game and it said that the player should talk to her and then a dialogue would start, Green would appear and so on.
    The dialogue with Blue and Green came right before the one with Delia, and it was outside of Valencia Island's Pokémon Center.

If I'm remembering correctly, after regaining control of Red, you're supposed to resume your journey through the Orange Islands to reach Pumello Island where the Orange Cup is held, by going to the north of Kumquat Island.

Back