• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    As it was previously stated in this thread, the game will be split in multiple ROMs.

To answer the question though, you CAN expand the size of a Pokémon Fire Red ROM safely.
    Crossing the 32 MBs barrier kills compatibility with real hardware though.

Well, that raises the question, why u would worry about that. I mean, I cannot imagine people actually copying a hack on a real cartridge to play on an outdated Gameboy. Tbh I think that most just play on the PC or on phones with suitable emulators. Or is expanding a ROM further more dangerous than just that? As a non hacker I just modify some ROMs with a HEX Editor so I've seen a lot of empty space in expanded 32MB ROMs and I'm wondering if you could seriously break the ROM by simply adding more empty space to be edited. Just wondering though. Not that it makes a lot of difference.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Well, that raises the question, why u would worry about that. I mean, I cannot imagine people actually copying a hack on a real cartridge to play on an outdated Gameboy.
    Not sure why is Aethestode not willing to drop hardware compatibility either, but to each their own ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    All I can tell you, is that the GBA does have Flashcards like the EZ Flash Omega, so going out of your way to make a game-specific cartridge isn't the only way to go about playing Red Chapter on a GBA.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    Well, the only thing that will ever be in my GBA again is my Tetris cartridge. That is, if I happen to stumble across that thing every once in a while. U see, Pokemon are nice for a bit of nostalgia, but nothing beats Tetris. :)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION
    Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Dark Sid

Dark boy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Why don't we get charmander that we are supposed to get in Citron island from Green that happened in Beta 11.I know what u will tell I can catch Charmander and squirrel in Mewtwo Strike back bonus chapter but they have creepy tattoos I want real one 😭😫😫😫

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2019
    Hey, there is a versión of pidgeot in the game (the one that looks like corvonight) that you cant catch, but you battle it at one point, I don't know of you are aware of this, but i wanted to tell you anyways, also great game :)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hey, there is a versión of pidgeot in the game (the one that looks like corvonight) that you cant catch, but you battle it at one point, I don't know of you are aware of this, but i wanted to tell you anyways, also great game :)
    I don't remember any version of Pidgeot that looks like Corviknight in this hack. Definitely none that can't be caught, at least.
    Can you be a bit more specific?

Dark Sid

Dark boy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    There is bug I just encountered of Teleportation between cities and islands (Espacially in Orange Archipelago where Shiva do)While doing it some time game freezes and my wrap don't work when I touch A Red flies just like it happens while wrapping but it's stuck and anyway I can avoid it by loading saved slots of previous but when I do or exit emulator not only game but my whole devices gets frozen and I have to restart it. Is this a emulator problem (My Boy Gba) or I am only encountering this bug .

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • There is bug I just encountered of Teleportation between cities and islands (Espacially in Orange Archipelago where Shiva do)While doing it some time game freezes and my wrap don't work when I touch A Red flies just like it happens while wrapping but it's stuck and anyway I can avoid it by loading saved slots of previous but when I do or exit emulator not only game but my whole devices gets frozen and I have to restart it. Is this a emulator problem (My Boy Gba) or I am only encountering this bug .
    Some people (me included) have also come across that issue sometime ago.
    It was already reported on the Discord server, but the general suggestion as per usual is to save your game often.

Last edited:

Dark Sid

Dark boy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Some people (me included) have also come across that issue sometime ago.
    It was already reported on the Discord server, but the general suggestion as per usual is to save your game often.
    ok thanks I will do it.

Back