• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Which emulator are you using? I use VBA-RR and it works perfectly there. VBA in general is the most compatible with this hack.

I tried both mGBA and VBA-m. I wasn't actually planning on playing it on them I was simply using them to test if worked before I put it on my 3DS to play as a virtual console because that is main emulation method currently.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • This is the version I have
    That folder name doesn't match any of the folder names of Aethestode's patches.
    If you're using a pre-patched ROM, please don't.
    Patch a clean Pokémon Fire Red v1.0 ROM with the Beta 15.4 patch in the main post. If you need them, there's instructions on how to patch in the main post too.
    Actually I have no idea where this bug came from, but it has been shown since the Orange Islands.
    What emulator are you using to play the hack? Did you resume a savefile from a previous patch, or you started a clean one in the Beta 15.4?
    I tried both mGBA and VBA-m.
    FAQ:
    Q: What emulator should I use to play this hack?
    A: Aethestode highly suggests to use VisualBoyAdvance v1.7.2 or v1.8.0 to play this hack.
    This doesn't mean that the hack won't work in other platforms or devices, but it does mean that no support for them will be given in this thread, at least on my behalf.
    Note: VisualBoyAdvance-M is a separate emulator. VisualBoyAdvance refers to the older versions whose development ceased back in 2004.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Okay I just tested the most recent version on VBA 1.7.2 and it works now. I just have to ask why is it only optimized to work on VBA Original?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Okay I just tested the most recent version on VBA 1.7.2 and it works now. I just have to ask why is it only optimized to work on VBA Original?
    If I had to take a personal guess, I'd say that it's because many of the ASM Routines used by this hack were created with VBA and its inaccurate emulation of the GBA in mind.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I just tried 15 on my 3DS and to no surprise it crashed so although I got working on my computer I'm still gonna stick with 14 since I really wanted to play it on a portable format.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    What emulator are you using to play the hack? Did you resume a savefile from a previous patch, or you started a clean one in the Beta 15.4?

FAQ:

I'm using VBA v 1.8 and I didn't resume a savefile, it's a clean one
    Don't know what to do, probably i'm gonna restart a new game

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I didn't want to grind my team to level 255 or high enough to handle those level 255 Pokemon. Is there some tips for quick grinding? I'm tempted to just hack in Rare Candies and build a special team just for those battles, keeping my main team separate for the future update.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I just bought the Fake Feebas in front of Mt Moon and was wondering if it has any purpose like a special evolution or anything or should I just ditch it in the PC?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm at the part where Blue just ran away on her Lapras and now I can't find her anywhere. I've searched every corner of Celadon and even the area behind and see no sign of her.

Nevermind I just found her

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackazim

Dankest Meme of them ALl
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Where are all the locations for each of the costumes?
    I can't find all of them cause I'm not sure where to look exactly.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Where are all the locations for each of the costumes?
    I can't find all of them cause I'm not sure where to look exactly.
    Besides the 2 that are unlocked by default, the Team Rocket Costume is obtained by playing the storyline normally.
    The only optional costume you can unlock right now is the Yukata/Traditional costume by visiting Floral City, which you can unlock by playing the Love Letter side chapter.

LunaticFrozen

Just a random pokemon player
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2020
    hi. i'm new to this forum. and i want to ask something.
    did Johto and other regions are still not available after i became Orange League Champion?

Back