• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • BUG ISSUE

So.. I've just come off the blimp onto the Orange Island to find prof. Ivy. But I went back onto the blimp. Now every time I leave it it brings me straight back to vermilion city. The captain repeats the same message saying "we're here".
    Any help?! I've just no life'd this for 1 week straight. Please don't say I have to start again
    Are you sure that you're playing on a clean savefile in the latest version of the game (Beta 15.4)?
    Pre-Patched ROMs are a no-no.

Eragon123973

Rayquazaman
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2020
    Does this hack work on a gba flashcart? i might be getting one soon and was wondering if anyone has tried playing the game this way

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    Man, I'm extremely lost in there, without a map that shows where I am, I found I was going around in circles. Will there ever be a key item Town Map that shows for each of the regions we're in? Because I'm absolutely lost in the orange archipelago.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    Is the orange islands the last region or will Aethestode add more like Orre, Decolore,Jhoto...
    Or is the expansion pass the final update??

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Is the orange islands the last region or will Aethestode add more like Orre, Decolore,Jhoto...
    Or is the expansion pass the final update??
    Aethestode stated sometime ago that he intends to finish the hack, so while the expansion of the Beta 15 will be the next update, it won't be the last one.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Aethestode has dropped some details on how this "timeline changing" bonus chapter will affect a playthrough.
    I'm locking it behind a spoiler tag for those who prefer to jump into the next release blind.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Hello, first of all this is a great rom hack!
    After i beat missingno, and travel back to valencia island, professor Ivy tells me about lunar wing(to wake up the sleeping child). Instead of talking about the orange cup,
    also the green/james/blue encounter doesn't appear. Is there a way to fix this bug, cause i can't progress further into the story.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hello, first of all this is a great rom hack!
    After i beat missingno, and travel back to valencia island, professor Ivy tells me about lunar wing(to wake up the sleeping child). Instead of talking about the orange cup,
    also the green/james/blue encounter doesn't appear. Is there a way to fix this bug, cause i can't progress further into the story.
    Besides doing a bit of ROM Hacking and adding an NPC to the ROM that clears the flags related to the bonus chapter about the Lunar Wing which you began and is currently not completable, there isn't.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    Hello Lunos ,
    First of all , Thank you Aethestode for doing so much work and giving some information about the Timeline Changing and you too Lunos , Thank You to Post it in here.
    Secondly , I have a question that as wee have seen in the posts that Brown will die if we save Pink but in that post which you have posted now , there has been mentioned of all the characters who will be died and how they will death . But there hasn't been mentioned that How Brown will die . Is it still going on work or is it a secret ???

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2020
    Is there some kind of donation method to help the creator of this game? Or is waiting all we can do

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • But there hasn't been mentioned that How Brown will die . Is it still going on work or is it a secret ???
    Beats me. I just bring the information Aethestode drops in the Discord server over here.
    He simply hasn't mentioned how will Brown die.
    Is there some kind of donation method to help the creator of this game? Or is waiting all we can do
    Waiting is all you can do, yes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2020
    Hey Lunos,

After I beat MissingNo and come back to Valencia Island, right after Ms. Ketchum apologizes for everything she's done, my character goes into Professor Ivy's Lab but a cut scene doesn't happen? I manually walk over to Professor Ivy and she just says welcome to the Orange Archipelago. I know that it's supposed to go into the cutscene where Professor Ivy wishes me luck in the Orange Cup and Blue, Green, and James come in and announce that they need to save their friends and the group splits going to both Pumello and Rind Island. Also, Ramuh's cousin that's supposed to teleport me everywhere is missing and the pokemon center on Valencia Island still has eerie music and there is no Nurse Joy to heal my pokemon either. I only have one save file, and its in the Internet Underworld right before you fight Porygon/ MissingNo.

I've also been experiencing a bunch of bugs, specifically endless loops, in the game like Chapter 17 where forest that caught on fire with Martin nearly dying and having to battle team rocket over and over again, Chapter 18 where I had to keep retrieving the supplies and battling porygon, and Chapter 19 Killer Hotel where I had to keep going through the loop of the entire chapter.

For reference, I'm playing on an iPhone 8 and using gba4ios. I'm also playing the most recent beta, 15.4.

Is my save file just corrupted and I'll have to start all over? I know I'm already so close to the end and it'd be a bummer if I really do have to start all over.

Thanks again to you, Aethestode, and all those who contributed to this game to make this game possible.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hey Lunos,

After I beat MissingNo and come back to Valencia Island, right after Ms. Ketchum apologizes for everything she's done, my character goes into Professor Ivy's Lab but a cut scene doesn't happen? I manually walk over to Professor Ivy and she just says welcome to the Orange Archipelago. I know that it's supposed to go into the cutscene where Professor Ivy wishes me luck in the Orange Cup and Blue, Green, and James come in and announce that they need to save their friends and the group splits going to both Pumello and Rind Island. Also, Ramuh's cousin that's supposed to teleport me everywhere is missing and the pokemon center on Valencia Island still has eerie music and there is no Nurse Joy to heal my pokemon either. I only have one save file, and its in the Internet Underworld right before you fight Porygon/ MissingNo.

I've also been experiencing a bunch of bugs, specifically endless loops, in the game like Chapter 17 where forest that caught on fire with Martin nearly dying and having to battle team rocket over and over again, Chapter 18 where I had to keep retrieving the supplies and battling porygon, and Chapter 19 Killer Hotel where I had to keep going through the loop of the entire chapter.

For reference, I'm playing on an iPhone 8 and using gba4ios. I'm also playing the most recent beta, 15.4.

Is my save file just corrupted and I'll have to start all over? I know I'm already so close to the end and it'd be a bummer if I really do have to start all over.

Thanks again to you, Aethestode, and all those who contributed to this game to make this game possible.
    Yeah, it sounds like your savefile got bugged.
    Are you sure that you're playing on the latest release of the hack (Beta 15.4) and you're not using a Pre-Patched ROM?

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2020
    Yeah, it sounds like your savefile got bugged.
    Are you sure that you're playing on the latest release of the hack (Beta 15.4) and you're not using a Pre-Patched ROM?

I'm pretty sure I'm playing the right beta, I got it off this site below:

gbahacks (it wont let post links since I'm new on this site, but it says version 15.4 on it)

How should I go about this bug? I've tried moving the save file to another 15.4 beta, this time I used the beta from this thread instead of going to an external site, but I still run across the same problem. Also, when I did that, all my items disappeared. The item slot now contains my key items and my poke balls, my key item slot now contains TMs, and my poke ball slot now contains more TMs.

If I do actually have to start over, do you know if you or anybody you know have some save files at around that point in the game? I really want to finish this game and really enjoyed the story and want to be able to see this game through the end. This game is honestly my favorite pokemon game I've ever played, even including the authentic ones.

Thanks for the help!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure I'm playing the right beta, I got it off this site below:

gbahacks (it wont let post links since I'm new on this site, but it says version 15.4 on it)
    Then you did get a Pre-Patched ROM. Sorry, the only correct place to get this hack from, is in the main post.
    You download the .ups patch of the Beta 15.4 and apply it over a clean v1.0 ROM of Pokémon Fire Red that you can obtain through Google by using a patcher compatible with the format, like NUPS Patcher or the web-based ROM Patcher JS.
    Support for Pre-Patched ROMs is not given in this thread.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2020
    Then you did get a Pre-Patched ROM. Sorry, the only correct place to get this hack from, is in the main post.
    You download the .ups patch of the Beta 15.4 and apply it over a clean v1.0 ROM of Pokémon Fire Red that you can obtain through Google by using a patcher compatible with the format, like NUPS Patcher or the web-based ROM Patcher JS.
    Support for Pre-Patched ROMs is not given in this thread.

I see. I've already done that, but it looks like my pre-patched save file isn't really compatible with this new patched version of the game.

Do you or anybody else on here know where I can find a save file at this exact point of the game? Like the beginning of Chapter 23 "Always Behind You"?

Appreciate the replies.

Back