• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2023
    I would like to thank you for putting so much hard work and years Into this hack it was such a glorious ride and such a fun experience watching how much the rom hack has evolved and how much fun it was to play can't wait for future games of yours if you decide to do more I really do hope you would do an ash game with your amazing skills keep up the good work on future pokemon hacks

Also the ending of the last few chapters was sad 😭 but was amazingly conducted

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I know this is ment to be a faithful game recreation of the manga and all but it'd e nice if we could have things like ability capsules/patches and the nature changing mints (or a mechanic like them). I doubt it'll happen but it'd be nice as a way to help with the gameplay side. I was also wondering if you could ever make a way to eventually change the names of the characters when you first meet them? Specifically the rivals I mean. I never liked the idea of the Manga's decision to name the main characters after the version names of the original games it always felt like clunky dialogue personally.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I know this is ment to be a faithful game recreation of the manga and all but it'd e nice if we could have things like ability capsules/patches and the nature changing mints (or a mechanic like them). I doubt it'll happen but it'd be nice as a way to help with the gameplay side. I was also wondering if you could ever make a way to eventually change the names of the characters when you first meet them? Specifically the rivals I mean. I never liked the idea of the Manga's decision to name the main characters after the version names of the original games it always felt like clunky dialogue personally.

I doubt the creator has any plans to modify the game any further, especially since he's working on a different game.

Also, does anyone know if the Level 255 gym leader rematches can be challenged more than once?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hey there, yes i managed to make it run on 3ds, but i cannot be sure it will be 100% working since i edited the patched rom with a hex editor cutting off extra bits (I hope they were unused).
    Those are the step I followed:
    -Patched a clean 1.0 rom with beta 15
    -Patched the rom with the beta 13 RTC fix
    -Opened the resulting rom with a hex editor and deleted exactly 1131 bytes starting at offset 1BD8080
    **I do not actually know what those bytes were for hence I cannot be sure everything will be ok.
    -Created a .cia from the edited rom using ultimate injector 3ds injector with save type Macronix + RTC
    After installing the game it started and i was able to both save and have the clock working
    If you have trouble editing the rom with a hex editor I can help you, just send a private message.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey there, yes i managed to make it run on 3ds, but i cannot be sure it will be 100% working since i edited the patched rom with a hex editor cutting off extra bits (I hope they were unused).
    Those are the step I followed:
    -Patched a clean 1.0 rom with beta 15
    -Patched the rom with the beta 13 RTC fix
    -Opened the resulting rom with a hex editor and deleted exactly 1131 bytes starting at offset 1BD8080
    **I do not actually know what those bytes were for hence I cannot be sure everything will be ok.
    -Created a .cia from the edited rom using ultimate injector 3ds injector with save type Macronix + RTC
    After installing the game it started and i was able to both save and have the clock working
    If you have trouble editing the rom with a hex editor I can help you, just send a private message.

If all those bytes were FF, you probably would be fine

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
    Years
  • If all those bytes were FF, you probably would be fine
    They are FF bytes. In fact, there are a lot o FF bytes.
    That is weird. I though tha this ROM would be out o FF bytes...

On my experiment with trying to fix the too-big ROM, the 'fixed' ROM works in th Everdrive X5 flashcart, bu the sound oes not work anymore. I figured tha the 'fix' messes up some pointers to the sound table.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I doubt the creator has any plans to modify the game any further, especially since he's working on a different game.

Also, does anyone know if the Level 255 gym leader rematches can be challenged more than once?

I had a feeling, a shame as it would be very helpful given how annoying the random aspects of pokemon can be. It took HOURS to get a good Snorlax alone, and just as long for the unique Arbok with Sand Rush (and in the case of the arbok it's IVs are trash).

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2021
    Here's a collection of glitches, at least one of which is potentially game-breaking:

Minor/Cosmetic:
    -When wearing the Kimono, Red will frequently get discolored
    -There's a rock in the first level of Victory road that the game treats as a cliff, meaning you can jump over it
    -The screen placement of Pokemon when using a healing item isn't remotely consistent
    -The item doesn't always appear on-screen while in the screen showing the item being used
    -Sometimes there seems to be a character limit of 15 on the text displayed after such a healing item is used. After this limit, the game will display a period. For example, if this happens when using a Super Potion, the game will display (period included) "Super Potion wa."
    -At least sometimes when Red completes the Date-Finding competition, he doesn't get the promised Master Ball.
    -Teleport seems to always transport Red to Cinnabar Island, even before Red's been there

Major/Game-breaking:
    -Changing costumes while surfing, at least while in the Safari Zone, may return the Pokemon being surfed to its ball, putting Red in a walking state. While in this state, Red cannot get back on land by any means, with the exception of perhaps teaching Surf to a Pokemon, though I have not tried that. If this happens and you save, you might be screwed and have to start the entire game over.

Quality of Life issues:
    -Thief only has 10 PP, in gen 6+ it should have 25
    -Electric Pokemon should not be able to be paralyzed in a gen 6+ battle formula

And yes I know they said they wouldn't keep working on the game, at least on this volume, but they did say the exception was game-breaking stuff, of which I believe I have listed one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Here's ollection of glitches, at least one of which is potentially game-breaking:

Minor/Cosmetic:
    -When wearing the Kimono, Red will frequently get discolored
    -There's a rock in the first level of Victory road that the game treats as a cliff, meaning you can jump over it
    -The screen placement of Pokemon when using a healing item isn't remotely consistent
    -The item doesn't always appear on-screen while in the screen showing the item being used
    -Sometimes there seems to be a character limit of 15 on the text displayed after such a healing item is used. After this limit, the game will display a period. For example, if this happens when using a Super Potion, the game will display (period included) "Super Potion wa."
    -At least sometimes when Red completes the Date-Finding competition, he doesn't get the promised Master Ball.

Major/Gamebreaking:
    -Changing costumes while surfing, at least while in the Safari Zone, may return the Pokemon being surfed to its ball, putting Red in a walking state. While in this state, Red cannot get back on land by any means, with the exception of perhaps teaching Surf to a Pokemon, though I have not tried that. If this happens and you save, you might be screwed and have to start the entire game over.

The game isn't worked on anymore, and I also have many bugs.
    Pokédex over 1000 show as ???
    Talking to milly after timekeeper will crash the game
    The king Karp bonus chapter- interacting with the professor after once will make the magikarp go in the ice
    Interacting with your mom after buhi bonus chap will freeze the game
    Movement permission error on tangerine island
    Big mvt error in hoenn mt crystal

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2021
    I know you've already asked, but. Still not sure if he or she is going to do the second part (that is, the Yellow part) or if he also plans to do the rest?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I know you've already asked, but. Still not sure if he or she is going to do the second part (that is, the Yellow part) or if he also plans to do the rest?

The creator has moved onto RPG Maker games, I believe. The GBA version of Yellow adventures is being worked on, or was at one point, but I think it's by a different author.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    Hello..can you tell me to how to evolved seadra to kingdra and scyther into scirror..when I search for seadra.. it's said dragons scale..but can't find it,some said that using water stone but is said no used(lvl42)..when I used iceestone it evolved into flydra,..I'm a little lost..if they need items to evolved.. please tell me the items location.. thank you

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
    Years
  • I am bumping here: did anyone find a way of trimming th empty space inside the ROM Hack without messing up the sound? I already mentioned tha the sound problems may have come with problems with pointers.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    Q: I can't save! The game gets stuck in a white/black screen on bootup! Can you help me?
    A: If you're using VBA, make sure that the Save Type is set to Automatic and Flash 128K in Options > Emulator > Save Type.
    If you're using MyBoy! then you can achieve the same result by going to Settings > Advanced > Cartridge Save Type > Automatic.
    So, I'm having this problem but the answer is either suited for a different update of VBA and MyBoy, I'm being an idiot, or it's just completely wrong. I downloaded VBA and followed the instructions, and still got the error. On VBA-M (Newer version of VBA) Under Options > Game Boy Advance > Configure there are Save Type and Flash options which can be set to Automatic and 128k respectively, but doing so did nothing, and the Flash option switched back to 64k whenever I closed the emulator.
    So I tried with MyBoy! and checked and my Cartridge Save Type was already set to Automatic. So I tried with Flash 128k and it made no difference.
    Also, not sure if this is related, but when I used the ROM Patcher JS, it says Source ROM checksum mismatch and after CRC32: it says 84ee4776 in red.
    Sorry if I'm being an idiot.
    Edit: I downloaded it off gbahacks.com and it worked so I'm guessing I somehow used Rom Patch JS and NUPS wrong.

Last edited:
    Back