• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Hey, that Crystal Onix looks good! I want it!

On a side note, its Rock / Ice type is cool and it suits it a lot, but defensively it is very very poor. Rock/Ice is weak to Water, Grass, Rock, Ground, and has a 4x weakness to Fighting and Steel (the poor Aurorus suffers this...) So, I don't know, which are its stats, are they the same as Onix'? Because, well, maybe you should improve its Attack and specially Special Attack a bit so that its Ice moves do nice damage. You know, to compensate that awful typing.

Crystal onix have slightly better stats than Onix to make up for its typing :).

I was wondering. Will you also make the FireRed LeafGreen story arc ?

Yes, but not until much later.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    great updates man. They all look sweet. Can't wait to play them out and see the story for them. Great job.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • I've been following this since the first day that the topic was made, and I must tell you that this is one of the best ROM hacks I've played so far. Only the 'Ruby Destiny' series are slightly better for me...

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Finished the Registeel portion of the Legendary Golem chapter
    Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    voy a tener que jugar todo de nuevo cuando salga la beta 8? , o se puede salvar?

I'm going to have to play all over again when the beta 8 to come? , Or you can save?

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Firstly, I'd just like to express my love for this hack. I personally believe that this is the single best Pokémon game I have ever played, and I haven't ever watched the manga.

I know I will follow this game for a long time and I hope you continue to develop this game and look into doing similar things for other Pokémon generations, because I will enjoy them all thoroughly.

The main issue I have at the minute, and this is just personal stupidity, is that I have no idea how to update the rom from beta 7.9B to beta 8 when you release it. :P

I play on an android emulator so I'm not sure if there will be and issues there, but any help I could get switching to the update when it is released would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    voy a tener que jugar todo de nuevo cuando salga la beta 8? , o se puede salvar?

I'm going to have to play all over again when the beta 8 to come? , Or you can save?

You can continue off from your previous save file (if you are playing beta 7 or higher). You'll need to patch into a clean rom, and jsut rename your rom to the name of your save file and continue.

Firstly, I'd just like to express my love for this hack. I personally believe that this is the single best Pokémon game I have ever played, and I haven't ever watched the manga.

I know I will follow this game for a long time and I hope you continue to develop this game and look into doing similar things for other Pokémon generations, because I will enjoy them all thoroughly.

The main issue I have at the minute, and this is just personal stupidity, is that I have no idea how to update the rom from beta 7.9B to beta 8 when you release it.

I play on an android emulator so I'm not sure if there will be and issues there, but any help I could get switching to the update when it is released would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you man. Please check out Pokemon Adventure Green Chapter which features the storyline in Green's Point of view.

Yep. When beta 8 is release. Just simply patch beta 8 onto a clean rom. Then rename the rom into the name of your previous game (or the name of your savefile). Then jsut play the game. You should be able to continue with your save file.

Ttar0914

Years
  • voy a tener que jugar todo de nuevo cuando salga la beta 8? , o se puede salvar?

You can continue from your old save, that's no problem. Just make sure to save in the pokemon center in Vermilion City.

The main issue I have at the minute, and this is just personal stupidity, is that I have no idea how to update the rom from beta 7.9B to beta 8 when you release it. :P

Thanks in advance.

To patch your ROM to a newer version, you just need a clean Fire Red ROM and the .ips patch. Make sure to name the Beta 8 version like your .sav file from the previous version or vice-versa.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    You can continue from your old save, that's no problem. Just make sure to save in the pokemon center in Vermilion City.

To patch your ROM to a newer version, you just need a clean Fire Red ROM and the .ips patch. Make sure to name the Beta 8 version like your .sav file from the previous version or vice-versa.

Great thanks, just to clear it up, does this mean i need to rename it to 'Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter beta 7.9b.st1' or just 'Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter'?

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Great thanks, just to clear it up, does this mean i need to rename it to 'Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter beta 7.9b.st1' or just 'Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter'?

If my save file was "Pokemon Adventure Red", i would rename my new file as "Pokemon Adventure Red"

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    If my save file was "Pokemon Adventure Red", i would rename my new file as "Pokemon Adventure Red"

Perfect, that's all thanks, can't wait for the new version to be released, i'll start it again if needs be! Keep up the great work, I'll no doubt be popping on every few weeks with another annoyingly noobish issue I'm having haha so bare with me I'm still new to all this.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    when playing I skipped all bonus chapters as I really wanted to go through with the story, is it possible that I can do all those bonus chapters now? or there is a order

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017

Hi Aethestode, I'm playing your hack and I got a difficult situation.
    - I used Kadabra's teleport to go every city in Kanto and now I couldn't find and catch Vaporeon for Erika. After Jolteon disappeared, I ran to the Vaporeon'place and found nothing there. So I coulnd't get the rainbow badge from Erika and I couldn't use Stregth to move boulder. Did I still need Rainbow badge to use Stregth. Pls answer and tell me how to fix this bug because i was stuck 2 days at Fuchsia city !!

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Hi Aethestode, I'm playing your hack and I got a difficult situation.
    - I used Kadabra's teleport to go every city in Kanto and now I couldn't find and catch Vaporeon for Erika. After Jolteon disappeared, I ran to the Vaporeon'place and found nothing there. So I coulnd't get the rainbow badge from Erika and I couldn't use Stregth to move boulder. Did I still need Rainbow badge to use Stregth. Pls answer and tell me how to fix this bug because i was stuck 2 days at Fuchsia city !!
    T

Too bad. U broke da hack. Restart da game. Thats wat happen when u exploit glitches like theres no tomorrow.

PkMn Trainer Grëy1

Pokédex Holder
    Years
  • Hey Aethestode, after your done with green's chapter. Will you start Yellow's chapter after Blue's chapter? BTW the chapters are a FANTASTIC idea and i hope you get the support you oh so dearly deserve

Last edited:
    Back