• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Pokémon Channel

What many believe to be a sequel to Hey You, Pikachu!, this game for the Nintendo GameCube has you controlling Pikachu in order to create a successful Pokémon TV Station. With help from multiple other Pokémon of course like Torchic, Mudkip, Treecko, Wobbuffet, Bellossom, Togepi and many more.

Did you ever play Pokémon Channel? If so, what did you think of it? Were you ever fond of making your own TV station like this? Discuss.

Years
  • Sadly not, another title I really wish was on Virtual Console! Seems a really cute idea! The real time aspect to it is interesting. It's also cool that you can try some Pokemon Mini games.

Edit: Thought I'd just see how much they were going for on eBay and ending up buying one! Also bought Colosseum! Excited! (And overdrawn, oops!)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Started playing it today and it is so cute! I like how it's a wild Pikachu that turns up at your house wanting to watch telly! He got angry when I turned it off! Think he's warming up to me though! Snorlax's Lunch Time is neat, I like Game & Watch type games.

And big big bonus, I should be able to finally get a Jirachi! Just need to buy a copy of Ruby or Sapphire, though apparently you have to have defeated the Elite Four to receive it. Oh well, guess I'll just have to play another Pokemon game. Poor me {XD}

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I saw Pokemon Channel on the shelf at Blockbuster's (those were the days), but I wasn't interested in renting it. This is about the time when I was playing RSE and was very involved in the Pokemon series including spinoffs. However, the fact that this game's action was very minimal, I just wasn't interested in trying it. It also didn't include Jirachi in the states. :(

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I read from reviews this game isn't well received. But I haven't played it yet, imo an certain relay race themed Pokémon game is the worst game to this date.

The Jirachi, however. Makes it up, no matter how bad this game is.

KittiOcelotti

"Smell ya later!"
    Years
  • I never did play it, but i've heard from other people that the gameplay wasn't much more than watching tv with various types of pokemon. Even though most of the reviews are generally negative, i'd still want to play for myself and see if its really that bad.

Years
  • Finished the week! It's so cute though I'm gonna keep playing! I've become really attached to my Pikachu! Still need a few more Pokemon mini games and want to do some proper paintings with Smeargle!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I rented it from Blockbuster (wow that makes me feel old) for a weekend once and I loved it so much, it was a fun little game that I enjoyed and I would like to own it someday tbh just for collector's reasons. I remember hearing that you could get Jirachi in the game and I was so eager for it because I didn't have Colosseum at the time and all of my friends had Jirachi from the bonus disc, only to find out sometime later that it was a Eu/Aus exclusive thing. :(

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • This was such a weird game. I owned it and I think I completed it (in that I... guess I watched all the TV... fml) but I am soooo glad I never paid for it.

The novelty of the game, for me, was entirely in the fact that apparently Nintendo gave a copy to my friend who ran a fairly popular Pokémon website at the time and she was permitted to do a giveaway for it. I entered, presumably along with a lot of other people, and won. To this day I still don't know if she rigged it for me because we were friends (although at the time we hadn't really talked in a while so...!) or if I won fair and square but hey, no complaints here. Except maybe for the fact that I felt obliged to finish the game after that--*shot*

Actually, I'm being too harsh. I did actually enjoy the game if only because it so heavily featured the Pichu Bros who were my favourites at the time. (This was looong before Cherrim existed, after all.) I didn't mind rewatching that same stupid segment over and over and over because it featured my favourite Pokémon characters. :>

Years
  • This was probably one of my favorite games as a kid, for some reason. It was just...cute, and being a nine-or-ten-year-old at the time I loved everything cute. I wish I still owned it, actually; most of my Pokemon games from when I was a kid got lost after a move or two, and I haven't had it for years as a result. :(

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • At first, I only wanted the game for Jirachi. But as a casual gamer who sometimes gets easily impressed, I actually enjoy it. I used to play it every day to collect all the nice cards and pokedolls.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back