• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Coral Version (2022 DEMO OUT NOW!)

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2023
    Is it possible to load your progress from the demo into the finished version? Like can you pick up where you left off in the demo?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2023
    How do i get the bouncing item in the Old Manor?
    Been stuck here for a bit.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2023
    I've really been enjoying my time with the demo, but I think I've gotten stuck. I rode the boat to Mt Onwa after calling Home. Went through Mt Onwa and got back to Sunset Bay, but wanted to go back to do some fishing so I backtracked. Took the boat back to Lake Onwa, but now I can't take the boat back to Mt Onwa. Tried calling Home again but it doesn't trigger the guy to let me ride his boat. Just keeps repeating that he doesn't have the 10-4 to ship out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    Great demo, looking forward to the full release.

A question - I'm playing the latest 2022 v1.2 demo on a GB Color using an Everdrive GB X7 flashcart and I see the warning at boot about the flashcart not supporting the MBC30 mapper. Is that right? According to the manufacturer this flashcart does support this mapper (and I've played a few other Crystal hacks with it). Am I missing something? Not a big deal just curious.

EDIT: My bad, I see that MBC3 and MBC30 are not the same (only the JPN version of Crystal uses the MBC30 mapper) and the EDGB X7 does not support the MBC30 so I've answered my own question! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Does someone knows the movesets of the Pokémon on this demo? Or is there somewhere I can look it up?

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023

I was wondering the exact same thing. Was wondering if the encounters of each location were available somewhere!

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2023
    I wish you all an happy new year. I have some questions about coral.

Which flashcard support mcb30 and when is the release of the game?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    This is my first time playing a rom hack and I have to say, you nailed it. I instantly felt excited just like when I first played pokemon crystal back in the days.

As someone new to rom hacks I have a question about this mbc30 mapper. Im playing it on a 3ds with twilight menu ++ and wanted to ask if its somehow possible to fix the pokemon cries for the newer mons.
    What options do I have to enable all the pokemon cries while playing it on my ds, since it kinda ruins the immersion a little bit.

nonetheless im hyped to see the final product

Shaddstorm

Shaddstorm
    Years
  • Hello Coraldev! Your game is awesome and i hope you finish it soon! But i have a question:

The game will suport the trade function? If not, how do i evolve pokémon like onix or geodude?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Hi Coraldev and others,

I really enjoyed v2.3 and ended the game by talking to the guard at Flicker Station.

Now that the 2022 Demo is out, I would love to continue where I left.
    I patched a fresh Pokemon Crystal with the ips and used the same name.
    However, RetroArch (Android) does not recognize my save(or at least, my only option is to start a new game).
    Does anyone know what I'm overseeing here?

Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2023
    Really cool game, just wanted to notify about a potential bug. My joltik got its special defense reduced on level up from 29 to 30, in the stat increase screen it was like this: 43 + __31 then it became 38.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    From What I've played this is really good so far! I just found a Stantler and remembered the Wyrdeer is the screenshots page. Is the way to evolve Stantler the same as in Hisui, or is ther another way?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Wonderful game, what a good job you have done
    Definitely deserves more updates <3

(I created the account just to say these words ahahahah)

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    Is there a way to implement cheats like the rare candy hack? I'm not the biggest fan of mindlessly grinding exp for hours on end.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    You say Pokémon Polished Crystal engine. Is that an actual engine that laypeople can use to make their game?

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2023
    Hello I'm stuck on Sunbeam Island with no way of progressing or going back, how do i get off this damn island? I've spoken to every single npc several times.

Back