• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon Direct - 04/09/2013!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I usually have two or three by the first gym..not enough I can find on the early routes so for me my Kanto starter will be an early Pokémon if obtained after the first gym.

Hey if the forest scene takes place before reaching Lumoise then it'll proably be around the first three gyms as the main regional forest tends to be featured in the first half of the games.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That seems like a lot of events. I'm thinking Gen. 5 starters could get an -ite stone from Pokémon Transfer (whatever that new app is called), kind of like the Therian Forms of the Kami trio from that other app (which I also forget its name).

I dunno....It would be similar to the Pokemon Port from Gen 1 to 2 but I don't see that happening. I can see us finding their stones in the game...Like maybe dust cloud with the Elemental Gems and Shards. Just adding in the -nite stones.

Or maybe an NPC will give us some...though Blazekinite was confirmed to not be in the games...so maybe none of the starter's stones are in the game and have to be given to you through special events...like Sycamore's gift of the Kanto Starters.

Years
  • I dunno....It would be similar to the Pokemon Port from Gen 1 to 2 but I don't see that happening. I can see us finding their stones in the game...Like maybe dust cloud with the Elemental Gems and Shards. Just adding in the -nite stones.

Or maybe an NPC will give us some...though Blazekinite was confirmed to not be in the games...so maybe none of the starter's stones are in the game and have to be given to you through special events...like Sycamore's gift of the Kanto Starters.
    I assume the stones will be one of a kind and be more like Tm's in their choice of hiding spots.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I usually have two or three by the first gym..not enough I can find on the early routes so for me my Kanto starter will be an early Pokémon if obtained after the first gym.

Hey if the forest scene takes place before reaching Lumoise then it'll proably be around the first three gyms as the main regional forest tends to be featured in the first half of the games.

Based on the Map the forest is before the first Gym. There also seems to be a pretty good spread of Pokemon early in the game if pre-release trailers are to be believed. Counting the possibility of 3 routes before Lumoise, the Forest, and the Gym Town You could get a full team pretty easily unless your picky about what makes your team.

Years
  • Pokémon Direct - 04/09/2013!

A new Pokémon was spotted during the trailer, it appears to be a Llama Pokemon but there are no further details just yet.
    Looks like this pokemon is the one from the anime preview. It looks like it has a question mark on its chest. Perhaps an enigma pokemon?

Pokémon Direct - 04/09/2013!

Years
  • Looks like this pokemon is the one from the anime preview. It looks like it has a question mark on its chest. Perhaps an enigma pokemon?

Pokémon Direct - 04/09/2013!
    It looks that way to me too.
    I think this Pokémon is one that will be revealed in this month's corocoro so we'll have a name soon I hope as I don't know if it's a llama or poodle so I don't like referring to it as either.

PokemonCollector-N

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • I think that the addition of more starters will be a good thing. I mean, a lot of the people who prefer older games will at least be able to choose one of the original 3 starters instead of having to work with the new ones if they don't like them.

Anyway, as for that Pokemon, it reminds me of Asbol by more than a bit. Perhaps a relative Pokemon to Absol, but I doubt a member of Absol's family.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think that the addition of more starters will be a good thing. I mean, a lot of the people who prefer older games will at least be able to choose one of the original 3 starters instead of having to work with the new ones if they don't like them.

Anyway, as for that Pokemon, it reminds me of Asbol by more than a bit. Perhaps a relative Pokemon to Absol, but I doubt a member of Absol's family.

Genwunner compensation? XD

Eh...I'm probably the only one that doesn't think it looks like Absol. Looks like an Alpaca or Llama to me...I'd shoot for a new Normal Type.

Years
  • Maybe it'll be Fairy...I know it sounds strange but a Fairy dog or llama would be cool plus it'll make it stick out compared to all the pink of this generation Fairy type (not counting Xerneas) Pokémon.

Years
  • While I'm really happy that you'll get two starters instead of one, Im not happy about this poke transporter, especially that it looks like you'll have to pay for a feature that was usually free.... -_- I can understand paying for the pokemon bank and extra storage, but not to be able to transfer pokemon over generations, that is ridiculous.

Years
  • While I'm really happy that you'll get two starters instead of one, Im not happy about this poke transporter, especially that it looks like you'll have to pay for a feature that was usually free.... -_- I can understand paying for the pokemon bank and extra storage, but not to be able to transfer pokemon over generations, that is ridiculous.
    Well one needs the bank in order to transfer...the actual Poke-transporter is free, but the process as a whole isn't due to said Pokebank...

Years
  • Well one needs the bank in order to transfer...the actual Poke-transporter is free, but the process as a whole isn't due to said Pokebank...
    still call crap on that. It should still be transferrable in the same way they did Gen 4 to Gen 5, not have to force people to pay for it. nindendo and their stubbornness..... -_- next in Gen 7 they'll make you pay to be able to use GTS and just trade....

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    My opinion...

The mega evolution starters are nice for the most part. I like Mega Venusaur's design. Not too different but still more intimidating and fierce. Pretty perfect for a Mega design for Venusaur with the exception of the random flower on the head. I'm loving Mega Blastoise too. Two cannons attached to its arm? That's ****ing awesome. I like the goatee as well.

On the other I'm not liking Charizard. Charizard was so simple in it's design but he still looked intimidating. Not to mention the fact he was more of a winged lizard than a dragon which was what I like about it. Now this? Ruins it. It looks a typical "edgey" magical dragon design removing all the good factors about the old design. Ruined the main feature about Zard for me. Luckily I wasn't planning on picking Charmander again anyway. Bulbasaur all the way.

Terms of battle though none of them got compelling abilities I believe. Charizard will not benefit from Drought at all especially if it still has that glaring SR weakness. Ninetales will be the preferred option. Not to mention Solar Power is the best thing about Zard and it's being taken away for the evo. Similarly Venu's defining feature in battling was his ability as a sweeper on sunny teams and this is mostly because of Chlorophyll. Though Thick Fat isn't a bad ability by any mean since it removes two glaring weaknesses (leaving him with only Psychic and Flying types to worry about). Though by the looks of it he could be bulkier this time giving a different niche to work with, and Thick Fat helps. Blastoise's ability is sadly...meh. Not useful by any means unless the boost is like 50%, in which case it could end up useful in someway but gimmicky. Though I'm not a battler anymore and won't be again I'm still intrigued by these choices.

Good to see they found a way for transferring though it looks like an internet connection is required for this. I'll save my opinion on Pokemon Bank till further information has been revealed.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • In my opinion, Mega Charizard and Mega Blastoise look much better than the original ones, but Mega Venusaur looks...Um, weird?

It's nice to see they revealed the process for transferring, but I hope its free...What is Pokemon Bank for, exactly?

I already want to see what the floppy ears thing looks like. :I

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I like the mega evolutions revealed in the direct overall, they look more powerful yet don't go with the hideous overdesigning that plagued other megas like Amphoros and Blaziken.

With the announcement of the Kanto starters being available from Sycamore, I'm defiantly considering boxing my starter and replacing it with one of them; probably bulbasaur.

I don't think much to Pokémon Box and I think they'll reduce the box space available in the standalone game.

I'm happy there is a cross-generation transfer app and I hope there isn't a copiously irritating minigame you're forced to play. No support for Gen 4 to Gen 6 games though is questionable as there engine was used in the Gen 5 titles but just slightly tweaked.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    still call crap on that. It should still be transferrable in the same way they did Gen 4 to Gen 5, not have to force people to pay for it. nindendo and their stubbornness..... -_- next in Gen 7 they'll make you pay to be able to use GTS and just trade....

Gen 5 to Gen 6 wasn't going to be the same as Gen 4 to Gen 5. Gen 6 games cannot directly interact with Gen 5 games due to another format change in the actual game cards. Very similar to Gen 3's complete system change. They need a way to keep the server to hold the bank up so the fans have to pay around $5. Its not that bad of a thing. Nintendo has nothing to do with it other than they designed the game cards which are causing the problem. This is all under Gamefreak and Pokemon which are two independent companies that work under Nintendo.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's nice to see they revealed the process for transferring, but I hope its free...What is Pokemon Bank for, exactly?
    A better PC box basically, with way more space. Though it is saved in your 3DS system rather than your cartridge, and the Pokemon are stored via the Internet. Plus, you have to pay an annual fee to use it which is pretty ******** as far we know right now but it'll depend on the pricing and features of this Pokemon Box.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    ....... Good lord why. Now most people wont even use the Kalos Region starters.

Not necessarily. We haven't even seen the evolutions for the Kalos starters yet. It could very well be the case that they blow the Kanto starters out of the water. Not to mention that there's a possibility that the Kalos starters' final forms will obtain Mega Evolutions as well.

Plus, I see nothing that suggests that we'll be given all of the Kanto starters. So far, we're being given one Hoenn Starter (the event Torchic) and the choice of ONE of the three original starters. I think Nintendo is setting it up so the player gets a chance to have all three starter types (Fire, Grass, and Water) on their team from the get-go.

For example, you can choose Froakie as your starter and then get the event Torchic and then choose Bulbasaur. Then, viola, you have Water, Fire, and Grass in one foul swoop.

Myself, I'll be getting either Fennekin or Chespin, then the Torchic, and then Squirtle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Gen 5 to Gen 6 wasn't going to be the same as Gen 4 to Gen 5. Gen 6 games cannot directly interact with Gen 5 games due to another format change in the actual game cards. Very similar to Gen 3's complete system change. They need a way to keep the server to hold the bank up so the fans have to pay around $5. Its not that bad of a thing. Nintendo has nothing to do with it other than they designed the game cards which are causing the problem. This is all under Gamefreak and Pokemon which are two independent companies that work under Nintendo.

Then what about the transition from Gen 3 to gen 4? They used a completely different kind of cartage. And the Pokémon Dream Radar's integration with B2/W2?

Unless they have changed the stats of pokémon drastically like Gen 2 to Gen 3, I find the authentication to transfer pokémon a really gross form of DRM from what I can see so far. DRM on a handheld system.

Back