• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Direct announces Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX, Sword and Shield Expansion Pass

Years
    Hmm, I can cough up 30 bucks from my left over Christmas money no sweat. Actually, after 15 extra hours in the wild area decided to just woman-up and get the eighth badge already after hearing this news. Now I can't find where to go...Rose Tower something. o_O; Yeah...I got stuck on Sword, and I love the fact that i'll be training with the Poison type user as opposed to the Physic type user cause DRAPION IS MY LITTLE BOY! Well he's a big boy. Uh right back to the expansion pack....THEY'RE ADDING MORE POKEMON! But i'm not transferring any Pokemon from gen 7 yet because idk why. *shrug* I have a hunch the full dex will come full circle eventually to the Switch. I betcha just wait and see. Oh, and these areas...the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra just have AMAZING concepts in my personal opinion. That's just my opinion.

Make it count Gamefreak...make it COUNT! *twitch*

Years
    Potentially unpopular opinion, but I have very mixed feelings about the expansion pass. (Long post, putting it in a spoiler to save you time if you don't want to read it)

Spoiler:

And as for Mystery Dungeon DX? OH MY ARCUES I CANT WAIT!!! Somehow I've never played a PMD game, but I've always wanted to, and this is the perfect time to get into it!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    I'll wait until PMDDX improves upon the originals. Charming as they were, the Explorers games were much more polished.

I don't have Sword or Shield, so I probably won't get the Expansion Pass, either. I'm intrigued by the new Regis, though.

Pro tip: Don't read the live chat of any Nintendo livestream.

(Remember when the stream cut off?)

Years
    The Pokemon coming in the Expansion Pass should have been there in the base game. I'm not paying $90 to finally have my favorite in the game (Pokemon Home is not an option for me as I have not played any recent Pokemon games...).

Rescue Team DX, though, was a pleasant surprise to me. I'll be playing the demo soon, but I really hope this game sells well, as I enjoyed the PMD series more than I enjoyed the main series.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    The Pokemon coming in the Expansion Pass should have been there in the base game. I'm not paying $90 to finally have my favorite in the game (Pokemon Home is not an option for me as I have not played any recent Pokemon games...).

Rescue Team DX, though, was a pleasant surprise to me. I'll be playing the demo soon, but I really hope this game sells well, as I enjoyed the PMD series more than I enjoyed the main series.

And those Pokemon will be added to the base game via a free patch, so you won't have to buy the expansion pass or Home, you can trade for them. If you don't get the expansion pass, you simply won't be able to access the new regions and catch them yourself.

Years
    New Mystery Dungeon game was the real highlight of the Direct. It looks nice, but I fear it will be just stupidly easy version of the original game.

But I don't really buy in on the DLC. With how unpolished Sword and Shield were, this feels like something that was supposed to be in the game, but was cut for some reason. There are already data for some Pokémon from DLC in the game, so maybe they were really supposed to be in the game in the first place?

To say something positive about the DLC, I love new designs. But that's not surprising, since I really dig Pokémon designs from Gen VI onwards.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I think some people are too easily satisfied. I personally agree with the opinion that the DLC stuff should have been in the original game, but at this point they don't even have to put that much effort into anything they do because people will buy it anyway. As for the PMD game, I also don't see any reason to buy it if it will just be the original version in different graphics. (Kind of like watching those Disney remakes in live action...)

To be honest, though, I wouldn't buy anything new anyway, and instead, if I ever do want to play a Pokémon game, then just download a fangame or an emulator lol.

Back