• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon dreams

Years
  • I hope this is not a duplicate thread, but I tried to search around for this topic and couldn't find it...

Tonight I had this weird pokémon related dream, or more accurately part/sequence of a dream. Basically, it was told to me by an unknown narrator, in a sort of flashback sequence, that all pokémon had a mega evolved state in the past; it wasn't specified how far back this was. Because of some war (either between different pokémon or with humans) it was decided that mega evolution was too dangerous to be used (kind of like the non-proliferation agreement and the atomic bomb). It was never explained how this prevention works or how it is enforced.

Basically, mega evolution was only allowed in specific circumstances when there was a strong wish to defend a loved one (trainer or pokémon kin). In principle, this was also the explanation for evolutions as a whole; pokémon always evolve because of love and need to protect. It's thus natural that the longer a pokémon stays with a trainer, the more and tougher battles will follow and the need to protect (the trainer in this case) grows stronger, thus triggering evolution as the level of the pokémon rises with experience. Mega evolution is thus a possibility for every pokémon, hidden in its DNA, but locked away because it grew out of hand. This also explained why there needs to be a strong bond between trainer and pokémon for mega evolution to occur...

Even though I don't think this is the true explanation for (mega)evolution it was an interesting dream nonetheless ;). How about you people? Any fun/weird/interesting pokémon dreams you would like to share?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've mostly had dreams about PokéCommunity sometimes, when I've spent a bit too much here, haha. I might have had dreams about pokémon too, but mostly just about the forums or games from what I recall now.

Your dream sounds pretty awesome though!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I want a dream like that!
    My only Pokemon related dream was one time I was Ash and I was jumping through clouds, and then all of a sudden a cloud disappeared, I feel down and woke up scared and sweaty.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Probably it's a pokemon battle dream, maybe I battle too much than other stuff. During that dream I saw my pokemon battling an invisible force and that invisible force also battling.

After that, I can't recall the trainer and his/her pokemons

Guest123_x1

I have had several weird Pokémon-related dreams over the years. Of those, the most memorable were:
    • Early on in my Pokémon experience, I had a dream that I was able to get to the inaccessible grass on the sides of Route 1 in Yellow, and found rare Pokémon that couldn't be found anywhere else in the game. I felt really delighted to have accomplished this feat. (However, a few years later, when I actually did try to access said grass through a cheating device, the game froze.)
    • I was looking through the game manual for Pokémon Yellow, and on the page that listed the locations in Kanto, where Saffron City was, it read "SUFFERIN' SUCCOTASH" (as in Sylvester the Puddy Tat's catchphrase.)
    • I was looking through the bonus features of a DVD of the Disney animated package film Fun and Fancy Free, where I found footage of a group of kids signing a Pokémon fan listing (similar to a petition). When my mom saw it, she angrily ejected the disc and crushed it with her hands.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've had a few Pokémon dreams before, but only remember about two of them. In the first dream, if I remember correctly, I was playing Pokémon Silver and got stuck in an unknown cave. Took me a while to get out, but once I finally did, I suddenly encountered a dark-colored Pokémon. Unfortunately, though, I can't seem to recall what it was exactly like. :P Second was relating to PokéCommunity; I was just browsing the forum and posting reply to a thread. Ended up waking myself before I was able to actually submit it, haha. I know, it's sort of cheesy.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    I'm starting to think I chose a bad avatar. I keep dreaming about dying in someone's arms! Except instead of Aigis, it's some Pokemon. I can never tell which one it is. I think it had blue fur. Or something.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • I actually had one Pokemon dream, recently in fact. I was frolicking and having fun in a lovely flower field with a Victreebel. It was the best dream I've had yet. <3

Of course, in typical Victreebel fashion, it nommed on me. ;P

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    3 days before I became a mod here, I dreamt of receiving a PM from a staff (the name was a blur in the dream, but it was red), asking if I wanted to be a mod. =/

There was also that one dream where I was an Eevee and woke up inside a burrow, where my friends Bulbasaur and Charmander were impatiently waiting for me. We then played on the field until it skipped to us, sitting on a rock while watching the sunset. :3

I forgot about the other dreams I had related to PKMN, but eh~

Years
  • Last night, I had an odd Pokemon related dream. I remember I was awaiting a package, and when it finally arrived, it contained a Water Stone. For a Pokemon related dream that wouldn't be so weird, but I was still in our own world without Pokemon. I remember trying to use it on my cousin's cat to obviously no effect, and I think the dream ended right after that.

Outside of that I rarely have any Pokemon dreams, but I just thought that one was kind of weird.

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
  • The only pokemon dream I can remember is of me getting my first pokemon, which apparently I wasn't allowed to have, because my mom took it. I didn't even get to see what it was. I'm kinda glad I don't remember if I've had more, if they're going to be that disappointing

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
    Years
  • From what I recall, I had one where I was shopping for a stuffed toy, and I came across pokedolls. I bought a Meow th one, and when I got home it was real

Valerie the Gym Leader

Fairy type Pokemon rule
    Years
  • I had a dream that Pokemon was real and I was at school with a Sceptile. I had another dream I can't remember what happen I think I was in a Pokemon battle. It was Lugia vs Rayquaza.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • I tend not to have dreams where pokemon is the main focus, but where they play a small supporting role. For example, I just had a real weird dream that I had an angry PM from one of my friends on facebook telling me that she was dissapointed in my posts from lurking because of my use of incorrect grammar and capitalization in a particular section. Then she spammed "XD" and it popped out of the screen connected to a chain and I had to hide out in a supermarket where Red was trying to sneak some Chinese Spring Rolls out without getting caught by the CCTV. He used Venusaur to throw vines over the cameras and when people tried to talk to him, actually talk. I woke up at that point because...talking Red man. Cheese is my favourite thing to eat before sleeping in case you couldn't tell.

Back