• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Emerald 650

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    No, it's literally those tiles. I try to step on them and the game freezes.

Hmm, well those tiles are used everywhere so if it's only those specific tiles try looking at their movement permissions.

Years
  • Game freezes at this point:
    Pokémon Emerald 650
    Pokémon Emerald 650
    Pokémon Emerald 650
    Pokémon Emerald 650

This is so stressful
    Try to repoint the map and tiles

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • So do you know how to fix it?

Yes I do. But I was incorrect in saying it was the block data.
    LCCoolJ95; said:
    I'm gonna post this here instead of PMing you since I don't entirely feel like opening that up just to send you what is wrong.

It appears that Movement Type 0xF(Look up and Left) is corrupted in your ROM, I haven't found the fix quite yet, but I'm not well versed in movement permissions so it may take a bit.

Now I could be wrong on what exactly is wrong, but simply changing sprites that use this movement on the map fixes the issue for me.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • It appears that Movement Type 0xF(Look up and Left) is corrupted in your ROM, I haven't found the fix quite yet, but I'm not well versed in movement permissions so it may take a bit.

Now I could be wrong on what exactly is wrong, but simply changing sprites that use this movement on the map fixes the issue for me.
    Could you access the movement through the hex editor? If so, I would compare it to a fresh ROM and fix it that way. I don't want to change the movement's tbh. If I can't do that, we'll..I guess Theta Emerald will be on hold until then...

Joexv

Years
  • Could you access the movement through the hex editor? If so, I would compare it to a fresh ROM and fix it that way. I don't want to change the movement's tbh. If I can't do that, we'll..I guess Theta Emerald will be on hold until then...

Well i got busy at work yesterday so i didnt have too muchof a chance to take a look at it, but ill look again today.

Joexv

Years
  • Good news I found a fix! At 0x50D7E4 put 55 03 09 08 99 03 09 08
    Doing that seems to have fixed the issue right up for me.

Joexv

Years
  • Wow, how did you figure out?

Opened the ROM up in No$GBA got to a point where it crashed, followed the error message to the ROM trying to run a pointer that wasn't actually a legit pointer, searched for it in a hxd fixed it and noticed another bad pointer right next to it and fixed that too. Looked like during some point of repoiting Pokemon/Move data the mix of those 2 pointers managed to match something that was changed.

Years
  • Opened the ROM up in No$GBA got to a point where it crashed, followed the error message to the ROM trying to run a pointer that wasn't actually a legit pointer, searched for it in a hxd fixed it and noticed another bad pointer right next to it and fixed that too. Looked like during some point of repoiting Pokemon/Move data the mix of those 2 pointers managed to match something that was changed.

Do you know how to disable paralyze in electricity type Pokemon? In gen6, electricity type Pokemon s will not become paralyzed anymore. But I still not figured out how to disable in Emerald?

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    Hey llcoolj I watched your vid tut on expanding the mons in emerald and during step2 do I have to use G3hs to expand the pokedex/pokemon? Whereas in the written tutorial in this forum during step 2 it doesnt say anything about using G3hs..

Last edited:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    As someone who has expanded the Emerald pokedex countless times I can tell u that as of now there is no G3HS expand button for Emerald yet you have to do it ALL and yes I mean ALL of it manually it takes 2 hours of your time but hopefully in the future there will be a button that does it all for us just like fire red

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    As someone who has expanded the Emerald pokedex countless times I can tell u that as of now there is no G3HS expand button for Emerald yet you have to do it ALL and yes I mean ALL of it manually it takes 2 hours of your time but hopefully in the future there will be a button that does it all for us just like fire red

Alright thanks man! That's all I needed to know. I was just confused because it showed that in lls vid tut but not in the written tut on the forums. Basically is all I need g3hs for is adding the mons sprites, stats, moves, etc?

Back