• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

A User

Living Life as a Background Character
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Cali
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    Wait there is no Sevii Islands because I wanted to have the base in five island

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    This is one of those games where it lives up to the hype. It was highly enjoyable, funny sometimes. I have a few nitpicks though. I think the origin story of Red is a little too complicated. Things got too dark, especially with the climax of the story. I played Adventure Red Chapter recently and I could pick out story elements from there being brought into here, I guess because the manga. The Red backstory is completely different, I've never seen any speculation about that. I hate Ronnie so much, that's my biggest complaint of the hack. He did have a redemption arc, but reaching that point was full of annoying crap. He's like the Team Rocket version of Barry, overly headstrong, goofy, and he doesn't get humbled until the end was near.

It was definitely a story-heavy hack. The battles were very easy. The only time I lost was because I had to battle someone in Silph Co with half my team KO'd, and I didn't know a battle was coming. In general, I'm more into gameplay, but this was still very nice. I was able to make a good team out of mostly steals. Abra was caught in the wild and became an Alakazam, Jynx was a trade from a stolen Poliwhirl, Fearow was the first steal, Jolteon's from the Celadon Mansion Eevee, Politoed's from a stolen Poliwag, and Gengar from a stolen Gastly.

As I said, it lives up to the hype. It belongs in any Best of 2020 list for Pokemon ROMhacks, it's that good.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Now that I'm actually done playing this hack, I just want to say it's definitely one of my favorite. I love how everything stays original to the source material while flowing seamlessly at the same time. The dialogue text is what I throughly enjoyed the most. Most hacks, even the most notable ones (barring Gaia) suffer from making NPCs very generic, especially the ones who are part of the main story, but Rocket edition completely smashes it in this category and had me playing for more than an hour straight because of engrossing it was. Kudos to you Colonel, you've really set the standard of what a quality hack is. Can't wait to see whatever you are working on next!

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2020
    Is there any list with the pokemon changes, level up moves and wild encounters?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Is there any list with the pokemon changes, level up moves and wild encounters?

There are virtually no changes to Pokemon in terms of stats and types. If there are, it's a result of being updated to Gen 6 mechanics, which saw some minor stat changes like Raichu being a bit faster. Abilities are up to Gen 4, though Sheer Force on the Nidos don't exist, as an example. Level-up moves are based on Gen 6, so you can look up on Serebii or Bulbapedia level-up moves for the available Pokemon. Wild encounters are pretty much the same as FRLG, levels modified to fit the story. For example, Cerulean Cave has lower-level Pokemon since you go there earlier than normal. Johto Pokemon are very rare, you can only obtain some by stealing from late-game trainers, or evolving the select Kanto Pokemon such as Eevee and Golbat.

This is a story-heavy hack, gameplay isn't really optimized. It's just incidental because of the ROMbase used.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    There are virtually no changes to Pokemon in terms of stats and types. If there are, it's a result of being updated to Gen 6 mechanics, which saw some minor stat changes like Raichu being a bit faster.

Actually, stat changes are Gen 5 because when I checked with a ROM editing tool, Nidoking for example had its base stats the same before Gen 6

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2020
    been playing for some hours now
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    grinding like a fucking maniac to beat red in mt. moon and it didn't even fucking matter

You win $24480 for beating Red in Mt. Moon actually, so it does matter as other Trainers give you a low amount of money.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Just wanted to post a little note to some of y'all who might want an Espeon on your team or anything with magic bounce as the ability. There's a game crashing bug attached to the ability, and it's possibly because of the ROM base used.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Just finished the hack. It was amazing. Even though it is the same old Kanto, it felt so different and richer. Thank you so much for making it.

I don't know if this has been reported already, but using fly on magmar also crashes the game

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2020
    I'm so glad to see my favorite romhack is finished! Great job on this colonelsalt! And what a great time to have this done too. Btw is there any new content/features/aesthetic changes in earlier in the game? Like before Pokemon Mansion?

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Is there anything I can do for postgame? Or is there nothing new I can do after the ending?

There's nothing much to do in the postgame, it's only Gen 1 legendaries, side quests you didn't complete and battling the Gym Leaders if you haven't done that before the credits

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2021
    the game is not showing the rocket admin battle sprite in the completed version

ridics

possum
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2021
    Made an account just to comment my happiness and praise at such an amazing hack! Here's to hopefully more adventures on this website for me.

So happy to see that this finally got an ending!! I got quite a bit of the way through before giving up out of fear of reaching the end through the immaculate, yet unfinished story, wherever or whenever it may have happened before the final update (I didn't check and was too afraid to do so because I didn't want the fun to end). I can't wait to replay it! I've already told some friends about this hack and I know for a fact that they will get as sucked into the gameplay and story as I did when I first played it. After playing most of the vanilla pokemon games, this was truly a breath of fresh air and a welcome change of scenery with many "What if"'s filled in with fan-canon with some rumors intermingled from the original games (or maybe I played this so much way back that I've blended the two stories together, that would explain why I kept expecting Let's Go to go down a darker path, especially since I played the hack before getting the switch game).

It might be bad that I thought this game to be so fun considering the darker premise, but after playing the same story over and over, I loved having the tables turned and have been anticipating something like this either from nintendo (Not Likely) or from the community and Oh Boy did this not disappoint.

Back