• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    When I beat Mewtwo in cerulean cave and he starts telling the story, the screen just goes black. I've tried multiple times and it keeps doing this even after starting a new game. I'm using the recommended rom and VBA-M 2.1.4

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2021
    bruh i just made an account just now to comment that this has been one of the best, if not the best pokemon rom hack i've played, hoping for more rom hacks from the creator, cheers!

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2021
    First off I really love this game and wish I could fully enjoy it. I'm just having so many issues(any help would awesome). It seems to only save when it feels like it. I've played through to the pokemon tower twice now just for it to crash during the long cutscene when Giovanni tells about all their past. Always at the same spot, but before I could even think about fixing that I go to reload my game and poof I'm back at mount moon and lost hours of gameplay.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • First off I really love this game and wish I could fully enjoy it. I'm just having so many issues(any help would awesome). It seems to only save when it feels like it. I've played through to the pokemon tower twice now just for it to crash during the long cutscene when Giovanni tells about all their past. Always at the same spot, but before I could even think about fixing that I go to reload my game and poof I'm back at mount moon and lost hours of gameplay.

It's either because:

- You are using an emulator that does not support the hack, I think the main page will have the recommended emulators.

- You use save states as well as in game saves which probably caused that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    Really enjoyed the game, the first ROMhack I've completed and easily the best Pokémon story out there.

I do have a question about MissingNo. though: what are its base stats and learnset? I notice it didn't learn anything in my run except Aeroblast. I also read MissingNo. is modeled after Latios' stats.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I experience the same with my vaporeon and Mr Mime so it is not a bug in your setup only. Actually only the status attacks are indeed filtered by the clone, the other land just as usual.

Anyway it is by far the best hackrom I have ever played, I just love the scenario, the dialogues and the way the legends or glitch I knew as a kid become real. Thank you.

PS : if anyone found out how to challenge my flatmates in direct combat in pokemon centers, I'd be grateful for you help

I had problems with Substitute, too. I dunno if I mentioned it before, but when I fought Mr. Psychic in one of my earlier runs, his Mr. Mine used substitute. When I broke it, another appeared, then broke, then another, and another and another. It just kept going, I couldn't do anything about it except shut off the game. I'd just try to avoid that move in general.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2021
    hello, so I'm having trouble at evolving growlithe in Arcanine, I have obtained the sun stone, my growlithe is lv 35, and i can't use it. Can someone explain me why?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2022
    My only complaints about this hack is the fact that returning pokemon is a chore to do which discourages lowering your bounty.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Finished this one.
    Great game and very fun.
    The way you see Team Rocket changes when you are a part of it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    No sé cómo jugar el hack ya lo descarga en My boy pero no lo puedo jugar, es la primera vez que descargó un hack ayuda por favor

Porto

Survivor
    Years
  • It was fun while it lasted, but I can't save anymore. Is there a way to fix this?
    Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Game also freezes sometimes when I throw out a pokemon in a battle or leave a building and minisprites are missing from team and box.

Seems like it was an issue with my EZ-FLASH IV. After copying the save file to my PC and opening it on my computer and saving again everything works..? Except for a missining trainer sprite..

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • It was fun while it lasted, but I can't save anymore. Is there a way to fix this?

Game also freezes sometimes when I throw out a pokemon in a battle or leave a building and minisprites are missing from team and box.

Seems like it was an issue with my EZ-FLASH IV. After copying the save file to my PC and opening it on my computer and saving again everything works..? Except for a missining trainer sprite..

Rom hacks tend to act weird on actual hardware

Back