• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
Years
  • Good Morning,

after talking to Giovanni, Iam supposed to go to Lavandia town, but the gates are blocked. Idont know how to bypass them, also, i didnt receive the silf & co device from Giovanni after talking to him. Is this a bug a something? Whta can I do?
    Thx for helping

Man you're persistent.

Anyway, I don't think there is a bug related to that. If you're stuck somewhere, just keep poking around in other places to see where you can go.

For a quicker (and more helpful) response, try asking some people around in the Discord. If you don't feel like joining, you can either PM someone around here who has finished the game or can look up a play through on where to go.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2022
    I can't get it to work, i downloaded the 1636 Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) version of the game and the 1.0 version and after i apply the hack it either lets me get to the instructions and stops doing anything or it says it isnt the right file type. please help also all the roms im finding are .zip not .gba

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hi, really interested in this game, just wondering, is there an exp share in this game, how does it work cuz i noticed gen 6 mechanics, and finally how do you get it?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hi, really interested in this game, just wondering, is there an exp share in this game, how does it work cuz i noticed gen 6 mechanics, and finally how do you get it?

It's Fire Red Exp. Share unfortunatelly. You can get it at some point from an officer in Saffron if you have a clean ($0) bounty (you achieve this by either not stealing Pokémon, or by atoning for your thefts afterwards).

The game has Fairy type but most of the mechanics are Gen 4's.

Years
  • I can't get it to work, i downloaded the 1636 Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) version of the game and the 1.0 version and after i apply the hack it either lets me get to the instructions and stops doing anything or it says it isnt the right file type. please help also all the roms im finding are .zip not .gba

the .gba rom file is inside the .zip file and you need a file archiving tool like either 7zip or winzip (if running Windows on a PC) to extract the gba file out of the zip file first and then use an IPS patcher to apply the patch onto the gba file

How do I download it

from the very 1st post of this topic here - use latest Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser version to download & save the file onto your computer

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2022
    Hello all. This isn't really a question about how to play the game, I figured that out myself, this is more of a story question.

At the end of the game, as he was being arrested, Oak seemed to realize something about the protagonist. What was it?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Oak seemed to realize something about the protagonist. What was it?

He seems to deduce that the protagonist might be not that different from Red, if you know what that means. But unless the game gets a sequel (one can dream) we'll never know for sure.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    Hi! I think I found a potential bug - Ive beaten all the "bottom" bikers on route 17 however the group on route 18 (end of cycling road) still says I need to defeat the falcons on route 17 to battle the boss. I think it might be because I beat all the bikers on route 17 before I talked to the "tops" on route 16? I'm not sure, just thought I'd share incant anyone else runs into the same problem!

Excellent game, I've replayed it a few times now 😃

Chikobi

Nr 152 in the world, Nr 1 in my heart
    Years
  • I have seen it asked about before, but found no satisfactory answer in this thread, so I'm wondering if there is a way to return the stolen Pidgey/Spearow at all? Do I need a criminal record to do so, aka, have stolen more Pokémon?
    Also, there is an invisible trainer in Mt.Moon during the first mission, standing in the hallway between the opening and first ladder.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have seen it asked about before, but found no satisfactory answer in this thread, so I'm wondering if there is a way to return the stolen Pidgey/Spearow at all? Do I need a criminal record to do so, aka, have stolen more Pokémon?

You can return any stolen Pokémon as soon as that mechanic becomes available, which doesn't take long. It's up to you how you want to behave after that, you're free to steal all you want, or to keep yourself clean and only catch Pokémon like a normal trainer. Or do both... if you steal, your bounty will raise but there are ways to lower it back to zero, so might as well only steal when it's really necessary (like when you get the chance to get a rare mon that would be unobtainable or way too hard to obtain otherwise) and you would have nothing to worry about.

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    @dylans555

Don't believe clickbait on Youtube. There is no Johto/Postgame.

how do i get to the johto region/postgame stuff i saw vids of people on like the johto region in this rom hack but whenever i finish the kanto region i get sent to prison anyways

I believe they are speaking about Pokemon Team Rocket Edition by DragonsdenTV, apparently it is a gba rom hack on Spanish very similar to @Colonesalt's,just downloaded the thing and it looks great, you can visit and play as a rocket grunt(with promotions and all) through three regions(Kanto,Johto and Seevii) it is a very ambitious project.

Do tell Colonesalt thought that perphaps this Spanish hacker at least was inspired by this project because playing as a Team rocket member discovering the "Real story" between Team Rocket is kinda the concept that he explored back on the day, does not seem plagiarism just a bolder take on this classic of the romhack community.

Check the rom for yourself and draw your own conclusions.
    It is on Spanish/Castilian only so yeah a bummer to all of those that do not understand it.

Here the links to the project:
    https://www.pokeharbor.com/2022/02/pokemon-edicion-team-rocket/
    https://whackahack.com/juegos/pokemon-edicion-team-rocket/

Chikobi

Nr 152 in the world, Nr 1 in my heart
    Years
  • You can return any stolen Pokémon as soon as that mechanic becomes available, which doesn't take long. It's up to you how you want to behave after that, you're free to steal all you want, or to keep yourself clean and only catch Pokémon like a normal trainer. Or do both... if you steal, your bounty will raise but there are ways to lower it back to zero, so might as well only steal when it's really necessary (like when you get the chance to get a rare mon that would be unobtainable or way too hard to obtain otherwise) and you would have nothing to worry about.

Thing is that I am currently playing the game, got to the part where it says you can start handing in stolen mons, but whenever I talk to a police officer they tell me I have a squeky clean record and only offer me rewards. I haven't stolen a single mon outside of that Spearow, so I'm wondering if you need to have at least 1 mon stolen besides the bird or after the announcement for it to even activate?

Also unrelated but after I became and Admin I no longer have a trainer back sprite, is this a known issue or might something be wrong with my copy?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thing is that I am currently playing the game, got to the part where it says you can start handing in stolen mons, but whenever I talk to a police officer they tell me I have a squeky clean record and only offer me rewards. I haven't stolen a single mon outside of that Spearow, so I'm wondering if you need to have at least 1 mon stolen besides the bird or after the announcement for it to even activate?

Your first thefts (before the Lance on TV event) won't count, so if you want to return the Spearow that much, steal any random Pokémon (that should raise your bounty to $3000) then talk to any police, return the Spearow, and if your bounty is still not zero return the other Pokémon you stole.

If for some reason you just don't want to steal from any trainer at all, well, you can keep that Spearow boxed and eventually (I'll avoid spoilers) you'll have the chance to steal Pokémon used by some "things" that are not actual trainers, so you can raise your bounty to allow yourself returning a Pokémon without actually stealing any more. I don't remember very well, but there might also be certain side-quests in the game that can raise your bounty as well.

But either way, don't expect to be allowed to have a perfect behavior in this game since you're roleplaying a criminal. You can be a somewhat nice mafia guy and start making things right at some point, but you'll still have to commit illegal acts as the plot will request.

Also unrelated but after I became and Admin I no longer have a trainer back sprite, is this a known issue or might something be wrong with my copy?

That's a bug that happens in the mGba emulator, I tried with another emu (Vba I think) and it worked well there, but I still kept using mGba because I prefer it.

Back