• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Yay, I finished the beta! Awesome work, Spherical!
    I like the scripting very much!
    And my team is,
    Monferno
    Roselia
    Swinub

I just used Roselia and Swinub as temporary Pokemon to use.

Years
  • Been away for a long time and I've got to say that I'm pretty much impressed from the new updates ! The new sprites and tiles look really good and the new items also look good( dusk / dawn stones) I'm looking forward to see further updates on this one .
    Thanks!

There is a weird bug I found regarding Endure, and if you're using Endure's effect for Sturdy it might be of some concern.
    When a pokemon with Skill Link hits something that uses Endure, the pokemon endures the first hit and then the attacking pokemon stops attacking - resulting in only one hit.
    I don't think that is supposed to happen, multi hit moves should go through Sturdy.
    I am no ASM expert, I just found that in MrDollSteak's rombase. This is if you've used Endure's effect for making Sturdy. I don't think it's supposed to work that way.
    Thanks for pointing that out!

Good spot, that is true. Doesnt pointed that out to me before.

We are actually in the process of writing code that makes this not happen with Sturdy and the Focus Sash, but to continue with Focus Band and Endure.
    Great to hear!

Okay, I have time play this...
    And, by the looks of it, I'm gonna play a very excellent game! =)
    Thanks!

"this hack looks like it was made by Buddha, it has nice looking and i cant wait to play this good good :) :) :) :)"

Okay so onto something which actually has some grammar.

This hacks looks absolutely amazing so far, I haven't had the chance to download the beta and give it a go but just in terms of how the screenshots look I would say this is going to be a top hack, My biggest beef with hacks today is that they don't feel like a pokemon game and instead they try to throw 10000 different things at you and it ends up being extremely boring, but from just the screenshots provided it does look like something which would feel really nice to play and be consistently good.

The new attack animations, mainly talking about this one
    l7lOY81.gif
    look amazing, I hope all the new attack animations are as well coded as this one because in a lot of hacks the animations for the newer gen attacks are sloppy and really don't reflect well on the attack they're designed for but these looks superb.

Another thing which i think makes this hack look professional is having the pokedex actually working with entries, you see some which have errors and what not and I think if this is something you're releasing for a mass majority to play you should make sure it's up an acceptable standard and most of the minor details which make up a hack are usually buggy or done in a sloppy manor.

Again all my comments are coming from just looking at the OP and other screenshots you've dotted around the thread and I hope once I play the beta I can have even more good things to say about this. Cannot wait for it's completion. :)
    Thanks! It means a lot!

I played it and it was awesome, the new types and move sets were good too.
    Thanks!

Yay, I finished the beta! Awesome work, Spherical!
    I like the scripting very much!
    And my team is,
    Monferno
    Roselia
    Swinub

I just used Roselia and Swinub as temporary Pokemon to use.
    Nice team! Glad you enjoyed the beta!

i really love the features of this game. SOOO gen-6-alike <3

hoping for more update of this game. Keep up the work!!!!!!
    Thanks!

Gaia isn't dead, I've just been busy with IRL stuff and moderating and such. I have been slowly doing stuff in Apex Temple though. Here's a screenshot!

6afkkBS.png

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I really like this hack but i do have a question in the future will u change the 2 protagonists appearances to more custom made? Just something i always stress is custom sprites which is see several and they impress me quite a bit :)

Years
  • I have just one question. Maybe two. How many pokemon are implemented? And how many there will be in the future? Oh, and did you erase any old ones and replace them with the new?

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • This isn't just a plain Fire Red hack where you have to wait for Meowth. I don't even know if Meowth is available. If you had played the demo you would know Zigzagoon is literally found in the first route, along with Bidoof and Bunnelby, who both also have Pickup.

Also Spherical, just thought I'd let you know, Bela told me that Touched had developed a hack to extend the Kanto dex to past 255 (or whatever the limit was). I don't have the files or .asm or anything, but I thought I'd let you know so you could ask for it.

Hi, just asking, is that hack uses custom dex numbers that work with the Nat. Dex?

Years
  • PRAISE THE LORD HELIX

Haha, this is beautiful! Wow
    Thank you!

Glad to know you're still working on the hack. Good luck with Apex Temple!

I really like this hack but i do have a question in the future will u change the 2 protagonists appearances to more custom made? Just something i always stress is custom sprites which is see several and they impress me quite a bit :)
    Eventually, yes, there will be new designs for the protagonists and other major characters, though this isn't a high priority for me at the moment.

I have just one question. Maybe two. How many pokemon are implemented? And how many there will be in the future? Oh, and did you erase any old ones and replace them with the new?
    All Pokémon from Bulbasaur to Volcanion have data, although not all of them will be available.

This looks truly excellent! Will have to make sure I play the latest beta whenever I finish Glazed.
    Thanks!

I like this Hack! I'm looking forward to it's progress.
    Thank you

Hi, just asking, is that hack uses custom dex numbers that work with the Nat. Dex?
    This segues quite nicely onto the most recent update, which is that there will be no regional Pokédex in Gaia. Instead, you get the National Pokédex straight away.

Although, with some rearranging, it still looks good and has no unnecessary options (i.e. usually it'd have National Mode: Kanto and National Mode: National listed, but instead it's just one). Have a quick look:

K8FgsRG.png
    l9QKNRJ.png
    gJksDuJ.png

8IRg6ax.png
    nG5iT8E.png
    oE6MCL8.png

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Thank you!

Eventually, yes, there will be new designs for the protagonists and other major characters, though this isn't a high priority for me at the moment.

All Pokémon from Bulbasaur to Volcanion have data, although not all of them will be available.

Thanks!

Thank you

This segues quite nicely onto the most recent update, which is that there will be no regional Pokédex in Gaia. Instead, you get the National Pokédex straight away.

Although, with some rearranging, it still looks good and has no unnecessary options (i.e. usually it'd have National Mode: Kanto and National Mode: National listed, but instead it's just one). Have a quick look:

K8FgsRG.png
    l9QKNRJ.png
    gJksDuJ.png

8IRg6ax.png
    nG5iT8E.png
    oE6MCL8.png

Have you extended habitat pages??? If so, how?

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2015
    Pretty good game so far just beat gym 2, i'm hoping we can get an Happy New Year beta update lol but no rush, keep up the good work.

Years
  • I have a question regarding hidden grottos do they reset?if so how?
    And can we get HA pokes in it?
    In the current releases, the Hidden Grottos do not reset, although that is a planned feature. I most likely won't be implementing Hidden Abilities either, but I plan to make Pokémon available in the Grottos have special, otherwise unobtainable move sets.

Its interesting, ive not yet play this at the beginning but it so good if i play this a full hehe.. im waiting this. Keep it up & goodluck ^_^
    Thank you!

Pretty good game so far just beat gym 2, i'm hoping we can get an Happy New Year beta update lol but no rush, keep up the good work.
    Thanks! There probably won't be a release this month unless I get a lot of work done because I would preferably like to have Beta 2 go up to the fourth or fifth gym so that it has a substantial amount of content added on from Beta 1.

Truly a simple yet beautiful rom hack in every single way imaginable. Keep it up! My support thingy. :D

BYEuPc.png
    Thank you! I've added that to the OP!

WdyNulR.png
    JGOPWkO.png
    sJaNGJG.png

Similar to Hidden Grottos, there are Secret Temples hidden in difficult-to-reach places throughout Orbtus, harbouring treasures and rare Pokémon!

Back