• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I loved that you included the Gen 6 Pokemon! But I have a request....maybe in the later version could you include all 721 pokemon? It does sound like a momentous task but Gen 1-3 have some really great pokemon in them! Otherwise, keep up the great work!

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Question: Will you be limiting Mega Evolutions to the official ones, or will there be some unofficial ones be included too, like Christos is doing with Eclipse?

Updates look cool, can't figure out the status screen theme yet though xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2016
    Hmm.... If I had to take a guess I'd say the orange, blue, and grey represent regirock, regice, and registeel. This hack is looking great though. You could easily implement a battle frontier since you'd just repeat the scripts you have for the battle marsh. But great job nonetheless.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Hmm.... If I had to take a guess I'd say the orange, blue, and grey represent regirock, regice, and registeel. This hack is looking great though. You could easily implement a battle frontier since you'd just repeat the scripts you have for the battle marsh. But great job nonetheless.

You're exactly right InfamousX! I actually based the colours off of Regigigas, with the Orange, Blue and Grey coming from the gems on him, and the yellow and green banner on top being the main colours in his design.

Very glad someone got it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2015
    Pretty fun game, though I despise the the 4th gen starters I'm doing ok with Monferno since it's been so long since I used one.

Just got the 1st badge 2 hours in, a bit overleveled but not much. Got a shiny Whismur right before I turned on a repel... never used a Whismur before but now I kinda have to lol

Also what level does Espeon start learning psychic moves? I have an eevee now but I only just got to the snow town and dont have a sun stone yet to use on him. he is level 17 right now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Loved this hack! Finally finished the part where I got the 5th badge and couldn't continue out the underground tunnel thing. Hope it's finished soon!

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2015
    i just started playing and i got eevee and i was wondering if there is any way i could get umbreon

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2016
    Will Pokemon with item-based gimmicks be looked after? Swellow/Ursaring kinda suck compared to later Pokemon without Flame Orb/Toxic Orb. What about the Acrobatics+Unburden combo for Hawlucha?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    IS THE GAME SUPPOSED TO STOP AT THE PLACE WHERE I TALK TO MY RIVAL AT BATTLE MARSH?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    Heyy! Nice hack you have o-o I came here cuz Tyranitartube was mentioning how your hack is amazing and based on your mega evolution video itself I was blown away...as well as the features mentioned =o...I was hoping to try the game out but then I read under Beta 2 that previous save files will not work, so it discouraged me from trying it out when my effort would be for naught when the next update comes and if the next update comes with the note saying that the beta 2 save file won't work either D:

Also It would be really nice if you have a developmental blog that shows your progress in the creation of your game ><' or some sort of notifyer that shows the percentage completion of your game and an estimate time when the next update might be completed maybe ><'

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2015
    This hack is SURELY AMAZIG!!! I finished the beta 2,and have some bugs next to the battle marsh line, if a goomy with gooey uses bide, its speed is lowered in the three turns. If a goomy with gooey uses protect, the game may glitch too. And in the battle marsh, i was playing, and i got 17 winstreak, the man who asks if u wanna continue or not go to the top or the bottom of the arena map. Thanks for making this hack! (If have some errors in this reply, is because i am brasilian, nota american.)

Years
  • Spheri! Spheri oh Spheri! You're making me soil myself with those graffix! I love this hack! Love the features, the story, EVERYTHING! Can't wait for Beta 3!

P.S. Is it your video or is there a glitch with the Mega Evo script cuz the ME Symbol appears before the Pokemon gets switched out.
    Thank you! That is indeed a slight bug with the Mega Evolution code.

What a post! Love the new video.

I think the Marsh Bosses should probably give out more Battle Points than just two but yeah haha!
    Thank you! The Marsh Bosses don't give out a fixed amount of Battle Points, so it will increase as you get further into the tournament.

Love the game, One of the best hacks and also great inspiration for others...

But I found 2 Errors:
    1: In The swamp area the main guy who will heal your pokemon [Guru I think] say's "If you best me I will heal your pokemon" [Misspelled]
    2: where the 5th gym is the big market on 3rd floor there is a fat guy who doesn't say anything when you click him [Useless sprite]

p.s the guy can be on 2nd-4th floor but I am sure his on 3rd floor :)
    Thank you! I've fixed those errors.

Are Acrobatics or Unburden in the game as things Hawlucha can do? I really loved using him in Gen VI for that alone.
    Acrobatics is indeed in! Unburden isn't at the moment, however.

How do i get this rom on my phone?
    You can patch the ROM on your computer using the included NUPS .exe and the included .UPS patch and applying it to a clean FireRed ROM. Then transfer it to your phone and load it with the relevant GBA emulator for your OS.

Great work!!! Can't wait for the new beta!!!
    Thank you!

A simple approach, this hack is too good to be true. And its true. Amazing work!
    Thanks!

few suggestions
    1 ADDING A TRADE CENTER WHERE YOU CAN TRADE POKEMON WITH TRAINER ALL AROUND THE REGION AND YOU CAN TRADE SOME POKEMON WHICH ARE NOT FOUND ANYWHERE ELSE
    2 ADDING A SPECIAL SHOP WHERE YOU CAN BUY BICYCLE,LUCKY EGG,LEFTOVER FOR ONCE
    I likely won't be implementing either of these.

really sorry if this was stated before in this thread. If so I must have overread it!
    Question: Do you already know if the save files from this beta will be compatible with the upcoming update?
    Rly sry again if this is already been asked...
    Saves from this current release, Beta 2, will not be compatible with the upcoming update, no.

I loved that you included the Gen 6 Pokemon! But I have a request....maybe in the later version could you include all 721 pokemon? It does sound like a momentous task but Gen 1-3 have some really great pokemon in them! Otherwise, keep up the great work!
    Thank you! There are no plans for a 721 version of Gaia, but I have no idea what I'll want to do when it's finished so I won't rule anything out for now.

Question: Will you be limiting Mega Evolutions to the official ones, or will there be some unofficial ones be included too, like Christos is doing with Eclipse?

Updates look cool, can't figure out the status screen theme yet though xD
    For now I don't think there will be any custom Mega Evolutions in Gaia.

Hmm.... If I had to take a guess I'd say the orange, blue, and grey represent regirock, regice, and registeel. This hack is looking great though. You could easily implement a battle frontier since you'd just repeat the scripts you have for the battle marsh. But great job nonetheless.
    That's indeed correct!

where can i get a shiny stone.
    One of the Hidden Grottoes contains a Shiny Stone, and one can be found in the Telmurk Warehouses.

It's been a looooonng while since I've checked back here. I like those new battle graphics!
    Thank you!

Pretty fun game, though I despise the the 4th gen starters I'm doing ok with Monferno since it's been so long since I used one.

Just got the 1st badge 2 hours in, a bit overleveled but not much. Got a shiny Whismur right before I turned on a repel... never used a Whismur before but now I kinda have to lol

Also what level does Espeon start learning psychic moves? I have an eevee now but I only just got to the snow town and dont have a sun stone yet to use on him. he is level 17 right now.
    Thanks! All of the Pokémon's movesets are the same as their OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire equivalents, aside from the occasional move which has not yet been ported, in which case they are simply omitted. Therefore, Espeon's first Psychic move is Psybeam, at level 20.

Loved this hack! Finally finished the part where I got the 5th badge and couldn't continue out the underground tunnel thing. Hope it's finished soon!
    Thank you! The Underground Path is indeed the end of Beta 2.

i just started playing and i got eevee and i was wondering if there is any way i could get umbreon
    Eevee can be evolved into Umbreon through the use of a Moon Stone.

Will Pokemon with item-based gimmicks be looked after? Swellow/Ursaring kinda suck compared to later Pokemon without Flame Orb/Toxic Orb. What about the Acrobatics+Unburden combo for Hawlucha?
    Flame Orb and Toxic Orb (and Life Orb) will indeed be in the next release, so they can be paired up with Guts users. Unburden has not yet been implemented, however.

IS THE GAME SUPPOSED TO STOP AT THE PLACE WHERE I TALK TO MY RIVAL AT BATTLE MARSH?
    No, Beta 2 ends in The Underground Path past Telmurk City, after the fifth Gym.

It looks pretty amazing :) Great job ;)
    Thank you!

Heyy! Nice hack you have o-o I came here cuz Tyranitartube was mentioning how your hack is amazing and based on your mega evolution video itself I was blown away...as well as the features mentioned =o...I was hoping to try the game out but then I read under Beta 2 that previous save files will not work, so it discouraged me from trying it out when my effort would be for naught when the next update comes and if the next update comes with the note saying that the beta 2 save file won't work either D:

Also It would be really nice if you have a developmental blog that shows your progress in the creation of your game ><' or some sort of notifyer that shows the percentage completion of your game and an estimate time when the next update might be completed maybe ><'
    Thank you! As I said in your PM, the current release will not be compatible with future ones I'm afraid. This thread is the closest to a developmental blog for the hack, so check back regularly (or subscribe to the thread, if you'd prefer).

This hack is SURELY AMAZIG!!! I finished the beta 2,and have some bugs next to the battle marsh line, if a goomy with gooey uses bide, its speed is lowered in the three turns. If a goomy with gooey uses protect, the game may glitch too. And in the battle marsh, i was playing, and i got 17 winstreak, the man who asks if u wanna continue or not go to the top or the bottom of the arena map. Thanks for making this hack! (If have some errors in this reply, is because i am brasilian, nota american.)
    Thank you! I'm aware of both of those bugs, and they have been fixed (in the case of Gooey, it has simply been removed for now) for the next release.

Developing upon the New Elders update from a while back, I've gone ahead and finally redone their overworld sprites:
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

The Elder Knights (the "admins" of the group) also have a new battle theme created by the ever-awesome giradialkia. Give it a listen here!

(Note that my team in that video is overlevelled for testing purposes, in-game Eunice won't be that easy!)

I have also added a Bug-Catching Contest to Valoon Town. Here, you will go in with one Pokémon and try to capture the best Bug-type Pokémon you can find. That Pokémon is then judged, and, depending on where you place, you can win a prize! These prizes range from Sitrus Berries to evolutionary stones to Mega Stones! Check out a video demonstrating the Contest here:

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Finally, I've got around to adding the custom battle backgrounds for the Gyms, and have also sprited the first Gym Leader, Fernando. Check it out!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    Oooh btw Sperical dude, Will you be posting full guides on finding items, pokemon in various locations and guides through possible secret areas and the details of each trainer to be battled once you have completed the game? =o Cuz that would be so sweet! :D The pokemon company could learn a thing or two from you and your team by you guys creative sparks u.u

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2015
    So I just have one suggestion that may help some of us out there, can you add the trade stations back in the pokemon centers BC my GBA emulator allows trade and I'd like to have it in this game. Just a suggestion.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Thank you! That is indeed a slight bug with the Mega Evolution code.

Thank you! The Marsh Bosses don't give out a fixed amount of Battle Points, so it will increase as you get further into the tournament.

Thank you! I've fixed those errors.

Acrobatics is indeed in! Unburden isn't at the moment, however.

You can patch the ROM on your computer using the included NUPS .exe and the included .UPS patch and applying it to a clean FireRed ROM. Then transfer it to your phone and load it with the relevant GBA emulator for your OS.

Thank you!

Thanks!

I likely won't be implementing either of these.

Saves from this current release, Beta 2, will not be compatible with the upcoming update, no.

Thank you! There are no plans for a 721 version of Gaia, but I have no idea what I'll want to do when it's finished so I won't rule anything out for now.

For now I don't think there will be any custom Mega Evolutions in Gaia.

That's indeed correct!

One of the Hidden Grottoes contains a Shiny Stone, and one can be found in the Telmurk Warehouses.

Thank you!

Thanks! All of the Pokémon's movesets are the same as their OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire equivalents, aside from the occasional move which has not yet been ported, in which case they are simply omitted. Therefore, Espeon's first Psychic move is Psybeam, at level 20.

Thank you! The Underground Path is indeed the end of Beta 2.

Eevee can be evolved into Umbreon through the use of a Moon Stone.

Flame Orb and Toxic Orb (and Life Orb) will indeed be in the next release, so they can be paired up with Guts users. Unburden has not yet been implemented, however.

No, Beta 2 ends in The Underground Path past Telmurk City, after the fifth Gym.

Thank you!

Thank you! As I said in your PM, the current release will not be compatible with future ones I'm afraid. This thread is the closest to a developmental blog for the hack, so check back regularly (or subscribe to the thread, if you'd prefer).

Thank you! I'm aware of both of those bugs, and they have been fixed (in the case of Gooey, it has simply been removed for now) for the next release.

Developing upon the New Elders update from a while back, I've gone ahead and finally redone their overworld sprites:
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

The Elder Knights (the "admins" of the group) also have a new battle theme created by the ever-awesome giradialkia. Give it a listen here!

(Note that my team in that video is overlevelled for testing purposes, in-game Eunice won't be that easy!)

I have also added a Bug-Catching Contest to Valoon Town. Here, you will go in with one Pokémon and try to capture the best Bug-type Pokémon you can find. That Pokémon is then judged, and, depending on where you place, you can win a prize! These prizes range from Sitrus Berries to evolutionary stones to Mega Stones! Check out a video demonstrating the Contest here:

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Finally, I've got around to adding the custom battle backgrounds for the Gyms, and have also sprited the first Gym Leader, Fernando. Check it out!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Hey, Spheri. When did Aria get replaced by Fernando?

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • I have a question, and it would mean a lot to me if you could answer it. I was playing Gaia the other day when I noticed that you were able to take a two turn move (Ithink it was razor wind) and turned it into a one turn move- animation and all.

If you could PLEASE tell me how you combined the two animations to make them play in one turn, I would be eternally grateful. I have been trying to do this since forever but I have few leads and no one else knows the answer.

Back