• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Thank you! I've fixed Goodra's Pokédex description.

I've also fixed the last big one, thanks to DoesntKnowHowToPlay! Expanded Pokémon now properly give eggs of their basic stages.

I have indeed updated the water encounters in a lot of places, although that may not be in the version you're using at the moment. I haven't added any particularly special VS Seeker spots yet, no, but I'll bear it in mind.

You can redownload to fix the expanded Pokémon hatching issue and Goodra's dex entry!

i think v3 is near? Good job Spherical well played

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    In Nemesis Cave there's a patch of water with a bridge running over it. If you get a wild encounter while surfing underneath the bridge it will treat it as if you're on land, giving you the cave background and defying logic by enabling Heatmor to swim.

This build is getting pretty stable now, since I'm finding fewer and fewer things to report on.

Also, I'd get it if you'd rather keep it a surprise, but did you do anything funny with Feebas like the mainline games did? I'm going by the location as stated by the pokedex, but didn't want to be fishing for ages if it was exclusive to a few tiles or something.

EDIT: My own fault, but I stupidly sold the Red Scarf thinking it wouldn't have a use, before discovering you need it to get Ice Beam. Is there another way to get that TM for people in my position?

Years
  • In Nemesis Cave there's a patch of water with a bridge running over it. If you get a wild encounter while surfing underneath the bridge it will treat it as if you're on land, giving you the cave background and defying logic by enabling Heatmor to swim.

This build is getting pretty stable now, since I'm finding fewer and fewer things to report on.

Also, I'd get it if you'd rather keep it a surprise, but did you do anything funny with Feebas like the mainline games did? I'm going by the location as stated by the pokedex, but didn't want to be fishing for ages if it was exclusive to a few tiles or something.

EDIT: My own fault, but I stupidly sold the Red Scarf thinking it wouldn't have a use, before discovering you need it to get Ice Beam. Is there another way to get that TM for people in my position?

Ooh, nice catch. Should be fixed if you redownload, but make sure you've saved outside of the Nemesis Cave map to prevent any conflicting with saves.

Feebas doesn't have any ridiculous shenanigans, except for it being a 1% encounter chance. Although that's arguably worse.

You can simply buy another Red Scarf from the Telmurk City Department Store's clothing floor.

Redownload to fix the Nemesis Cave bridge!

Edit at 21:42 UTC: I also managed to fix the Surfing music not playing on Precimos Island, so you can redownload to rectify that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Can anyone tell me what level Haunter evolves into Gengar in this rom (if it does at all in this, I know you usually have to trade it in the actual games). And if someone could post the link for the README.txt, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Can anyone tell me what level Haunter evolves into Gengar in this rom (if it does at all in this, I know you usually have to trade it in the actual games). And if someone could post the link for the README.txt, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

The readme is in the zip that you download the game in ! If I recall correctly its either 40 or 42 for Gengar.

Years
  • Can anyone tell me what level Haunter evolves into Gengar in this rom (if it does at all in this, I know you usually have to trade it in the actual games). And if someone could post the link for the README.txt, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    When you downloaded Gaia, you should've got a .zip folder containing a .UPS patch, NUPS and tsukuyomi patching programs, and the README.txt; if not, please redownload and check again. At any rate, Haunter evolves at level 40.

I use an iPhone. The last beta version worked but the most recent version doesn't work and it gives me a white screen. GBA4iOS works with other ROM Hacks though.
    Are you sure you're patching Gaia to a 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM with a .UPS patcher?

Dragon Rage crashes the game.
    Thank you, I've fixed it now if you redownload.

Years
  • So far i've only noticed this..
    Dusknoir has levitate ability
    When using fly the 6th pokemon in the back of my trainer card which i printed is missing
    Regenerator ability doesnt work
    Hope that helps :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2016
    Huumm...i think most bugs are fixed, so this Hack is nearly PERFECT!...btw, is there a chance in which u might increase Feebas encounter rate from 1% to 5%...been on the search for almost 2hrs...lol..not a trace!

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    Spice,

I played the earlier Beta, but no compatibility of that with the new one means I've been putting off playing this one. Have to say this is the currently the best progressing hack over here.

I was just randomly checking things in the game and you've mentioned that the S next to the Attack/Speed etc means 30-31 IV and E- is the lowest... does it go from A+, A-, B+ right down to E- etc etc?

Can't wait for Beta-3, as I'll likely dig in then! Will be a long long wait.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • You're the awesome Spherical. You do a great job moderating these boards, you've got a great rom hack and you seem to be actively updating it to address every glitch AND Leicester is on top of the premier league.

Just awesome.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Hey.. I Found A Bug. You Cant Use "Dragon Rage" Move At Pancham(Battle Girl Martha Pokemon) At Nestpin Climb..It Will Send You To The Main Menu Page / Crash Your Game..It Happen To Me.. Sorry For The Bad English D:

Attachments

• Pokémon Gaia Version
      Screenshot_2015-12-18-02-34-29.png
      152.7 KB · Views: 21

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
    Years
  • My Kirlia keeps evolving into Gallade by Level up instead of Gardevoir. (It's also Female so I can't check the Dawn Stone method in case they've been swapped)

Years
  • So far i've only noticed this..
    Dusknoir has levitate ability
    When using fly the 6th pokemon in the back of my trainer card which i printed is missing
    Regenerator ability doesnt work
    Hope that helps :)
    I've fixed Dusknoir's ability, thank you.

Can you tell me what species the Pokémon was that wasn't printed? It doesn't seem to happen to me, even with expanded Pokémon like Gastrodon. I also don't understand what you mean by "When using fly".

I've added the Regenerator bug to the README file, thank you.

Huumm...i think most bugs are fixed, so this Hack is nearly PERFECT!...btw, is there a chance in which u might increase Feebas encounter rate from 1% to 5%...been on the search for almost 2hrs...lol..not a trace!
    Thank you! I don't really want to cheapen Feebas by making it too common, so I think I'll keep it at 1% for now.

Spice,

I played the earlier Beta, but no compatibility of that with the new one means I've been putting off playing this one. Have to say this is the currently the best progressing hack over here.

I was just randomly checking things in the game and you've mentioned that the S next to the Attack/Speed etc means 30-31 IV and E- is the lowest... does it go from A+, A-, B+ right down to E- etc etc?

Can't wait for Beta-3, as I'll likely dig in then! Will be a long long wait.
    Yes, S rank is 31-30, A+ is 29-28, and then it goes down to A, A-, B+, etc. through to E-, which is 0. Thank you!

You're the awesome Spherical. You do a great job moderating these boards, you've got a great rom hack and you seem to be actively updating it to address every glitch AND Leicester is on top of the premier league.

Just awesome.
    Thank you! I don't follow football, though.

Hey.. I Found A Bug. You Cant Use "Dragon Rage" Move At Pancham(Battle Girl Martha Pokemon) At Nestpin Climb..It Will Send You To The Main Menu Page / Crash Your Game..It Happen To Me.. Sorry For The Bad English D:
    Are you playing the most recent download? If so, try redownloading once more and tell me if it still reoccurs.

I used the patch and it worked! Thank you!
    You're welcome! Enjoy the beta.

My Kirlia keeps evolving into Gallade by Level up instead of Gardevoir. (It's also Female so I can't check the Dawn Stone method in case they've been swapped)
    What level is your Kirlia? I can't recreate this, every time I try to level up a female Kirlia under level 30, nothing happens, and once it is Level 30 (or above), it evolves into Gardevoir as it should.

Redownload to fix Dusknoir's ability.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh im sorry lol, when using fly i mean flying to other city or town. I cant give you the specific pokemons cause i think anything that is in the 6th slot will be missing when you fly to other city. Sorry im really bad in speaking english.

Years
  • Oh im sorry lol, when using fly i mean flying to other city or town. I cant give you the specific pokemons cause i think anything that is in the 6th slot will be missing when you fly to other city. Sorry im really bad in speaking english.

OH I get what you mean now haha. Fixed! You'll have to get your Trainer Card reprinted, though.

Redownload to do so!

Back