• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Hi, been waiting a couple years for this hack to be "complete", i don't play hacks that aren't finished yet but since Gaia is only missing the post game i am more than pleased to start it!
    I have one question tho, I really hate gen 4 starters and wanted to hack a charmander into it (using ciro's pokémon maker) but I can't seem to do it, I saw someone mentioning that in the hall of fame some of his pokémon were switched maybe it is related to the fact that we have more pokémon in this rom hack in particular? Would really appreciate to start the journey with a Charmander (i know that I could get one later one) could someone help?
    Thanks in advance
    Anyway Gaia looks great, good job!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2019
    Hey does anybody know how to get the action replay code 'catch trainers pokemon' to work? it works for me except for one awful thing, everytime I catch a trainer's pokemon it's IVs are all E-, and when I catch wild pokemon the Ivs are randomized, anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey does anybody know how to get the action replay code 'catch trainers pokemon' to work? it works for me except for one awful thing, everytime I catch a trainer's pokemon it's IVs are all E-, and when I catch wild pokemon the Ivs are randomized, anyone know what I am doing wrong?
    Wild encounters normally has random IV's. There is a 1/1073741824 chance that you would find a perfect IV Pokemon, but i'm not sure if i'm correct.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Im probably not allowed to upload pics because this is not an active account , but let me say it in words i guess.

First of all , this work and the lastest update is SUPER AWESOME , i never felt the joy of exploring like i did in this game before , especially when going blind gameplay , even the levels were balanced , so thank you soooooo much for your hard work , its really appreciated ^^

I just completed the game , and the only thing made me sad was the hall of fame showed a victreebel instead of excadrill , excadrill was my carry since i caught it at lv3 up to last battle in the game , so i really dont know how i should feel about that.

I just wanted to let you know what happened to me and maybe you can fix that in the future updates , again thank you very much for the awesome romhack i really really REALLY enjoyed it , i cant wait for the new update , have a good day~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2019
    Wild encounters normally has random IV's. There is a 1/1073741824 chance that you would find a perfect IV Pokemon, but i'm not sure if i'm correct.

yes I know that..you didn't understand my question then, that's
    not the concern, my issue is trainers pokemon I catch are not randomized, they are just the lowest IVs possible which is frustrating and it only happens to me with this game, in other games this cheat has pokemon I catch from trainers pokemon be randomized

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2019
    Cheating :shifty-eyed:

what are you, 12? already beat pokemon gaia without cheats and now I want to play with cheats, love using the shiny cheat so all my pkmn are shiny and the catching trainer pokemon cheat is so fun, everyone likes to play games their own way

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    what are you, 12? already beat pokemon gaia without cheats and now I want to play with cheats, love using the shiny cheat so all my pkmn are shiny and the catching trainer pokemon cheat is so fun, everyone likes to play games their own way

Play the game, however you want, but don't expect help, for problems related to using cheats

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Play the game, however you want, but don't expect help, for problems related to using cheats

heyy... just because you won't help him doesn't mean nobody here will. :p

yes I know that..you didn't understand my question then, that's
    not the concern, my issue is trainers pokemon I catch are not randomized, they are just the lowest IVs possible which is frustrating and it only happens to me with this game, in other games this cheat has pokemon I catch from trainers pokemon be randomized

I hear you all the way, I enjoy nothing more than the occasional blatant cheat run!!! <3333

if all you're using is the FR catch the trainer's poke code and stuff like shiny modifier.. if you're not getting any bad eggs due a bad checksum, or any weirdness on that note, you are more than likely using your cheat codes right.

Some ROM hacks can do some weird things when it comes to cheats.. i have my doubts the IV thing you're running into is from using the cheat wrong. It may be just a quirky thing just from using the FR cheat in this particular hack.

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Hey does anybody know how to get the action replay code 'catch trainers pokemon' to work? it works for me except for one awful thing, everytime I catch a trainer's pokemon it's IVs are all E-, and when I catch wild pokemon the Ivs are randomized, anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Traditionally, I do stock FR russian roulette runs.. a type of locke using only catch the traIner's poke code in order to obtain team members.

With stock ROM, like cartridge games (and likely a few ROM hacks out there), The poke IVs set for the average NPC trainer is relatively low.. the IVs on those Pokemon aren't randomized either, they're set. This even includes adding a randomizer to it to change the trainer's Pokemon, the mon will be different, but the IVs will still remain the same (as that original mon).

In stock GBA games, w/ exception of NPC Joey's Rattata... many of the trainers where their Pokemon do have decent IVs are rigged to result badly from catch the trainer's poke code.

Though hacks where an actual AI was set up with an average trainer with stronger Pokemon (better IVd mons) would result you in capturing a better IV mon with that method, when that cheat works.

p.s.- please don't get me for double posting...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    Can someone please explain how to get Herracross with rock blast? I need a full explanation because I'm failing with it for the third time

sz

Years
  • what are you, 12? already beat pokemon gaia without cheats and now I want to play with cheats, love using the shiny cheat so all my pkmn are shiny and the catching trainer pokemon cheat is so fun, everyone likes to play games their own way
    Okay dude, calm down xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    In order for heracross to learn rock blast you have to breed a heracross with a dwebble or crustle that knows rock blast,heracross can only learn rock blast as an egg move.
    Breed female heracrossn with male dwebble that knows rock blast and 100% that the heracross from the egg will know rock blast?

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    In order for heracross to learn rock blast you have to breed a heracross with a dwebble or crustle that knows rock blast,heracross can only learn rock blast as an egg move.

hmm.. but have you done it yourself in this hack yet?

Breed female heracrossn with male dwebble that knows rock blast and 100% that the heracross from the egg will know rock blast?
    As far as i know.. it doesn't matter how many eggs hatched, because the EM passing poke is from beyond 3rd gen.. it will never pass that EM down to Heracross.

... unless he fixed that.

EDIT: i looked at his last update post. there was so many fixes in his last update, i wouldn't be able to find it either which way. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2019
    okemon gaia version 3 is very fun. very. i played it since version 2.5. so sad that game not finished yet. but finally can get to pokemon league in version 3, im very happy.

thanks for the hard work, man.

1. i hope for the ver4, you can repair the miss thumbnail of some pokemon on the box or on the hall of fame. its something sad cant see the pokemon that we used to beat elite four in hall of fame.

2. as a collector pokemon, i really love the egg seller there and for the long straight way on the gyarados bridge really help to full the pokedex. but, the problem is the box isnt enough to place all of my pokemons there. if you want we to full the pokedex with 700 pokemons, help us to have more boxes. maybe 25 boxes is enough.

3. i love the details, but some thumbnail of pokemons when we see the moves or stats are blackened. i hope you can fix that.

4. i like the brain-sport on this game. very fun. really makes me think there

5. i need smoke ball here. cz i use pokemin that have illuminate ability to find pokemons but its level is very low, so i need smoke ball to flee from wild pokemons.

6. i think i need a trainer that can duel me and he gives me much money (the pingas loli dont give much money, only 2880 with amulet coin. need money to buy eggs to full pokedex)
    . i already have more than 400 pokemons on my pokedex and im still evolving and breeding them now, i hope i can use my data on ver4. hahaha

thanks for the game, im waiting for the ver4 :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2019
    Yes but a bit late IIRC

As per the location of the jaw fossil i have searched it everywhere in edamist steppes but i dont find it. Does the hiker appear after you have beaten the gym leader in the city? also how many HMs do you need to get it. I am in edamist city near frostbite cave but i dont find the fossil anywhere.

Also how and where do i revive the fossil once i get it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2018
    So can litleo/pyroar only have rivalry in this game? I really wanted to ability pill it but it doesn't work. Rivalry is such a horrible ability =_=

Back