• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Pokémon Gaming Central's 30 Day Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Day 23: Do you tend to be either overlevelled or underlevelled when playing?
Definitely underlevelled. All the time. Always.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Day 7: Do you organize your PC boxes? What kind of layout do you use? Before I opened a Trade Shop here, I sorted my boxes by Types, with a fitting wallpaper. I did this since Gen 3 Sapphire came out, and I only reorganized a few months ago. Now I have 2 boxes for cloning, 6 boxes for eggs, 12 boxes for Rareballs, 2 boxes for free/dump Pok?mon, the rest is for events and Shinies, but most of those are in my Pok? Bank.

Years

Mostly overleveled, but I do find myself grinding a lot if the next opponent is infamously tough.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022

I am always just right. I make sure my entire team is the same level as the next gym leader I am facing before I even enter that gym.

Or trial, as it was in Sun & Moon.

Years

In Gen 1-5 I tend to be underleveled, but in the current games I'm overleveled.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years

I try to be severely underleveled, and I go lower every time. In Sun and Moon I notably got Incineroar's Z-Crystal while I still had a level 15 Litten on my team. {D:}

Years
Day 21: Do you miss the Game Corner? What was your favorite minigame in it? - Nah I never really used it much tbh, apart from when I wanted a Porygon.

Day 22: What's your favorite NPC quote? Why? - "Stop right there, kid! You're still light years from facing BROCK!" a nostalgic classic.

Day 23: Do you tend to be either overlevelled or underlevelled when playing? - On the newer Pokemon games, I'm usually significantly overlevelled, but on the older games, my team is usually always around the level of the gym I'm facing.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Day 22: What's your favorite NPC quote? Why?
If I'm wearing a bikini, where do I keep my pokeball? Heehee.
A little over, but not massively so.

Years
"Dream your dream! Follow the path of truth to make that dream a reality" by N

Overlevelled in almost all Pok?mon game's?! 8)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Day 8: Who's your favorite NPC from the Pok?mon games? Why?

Skyla. She's so cute, and I love her.

Day 9: Do you use your Master Ball?

Yes. I did once on roamers. Now, I use it on unnecessary legendaries on my monotype runs.

Day 10: What villainous team did you like the best?

Galactic. They were the closes to ever reaching their goal.

Day 11: What was your first Pok?mon to reach level 100? How long did this take you?

Typhlosion back in Gold. I can't remember how long though

Day 12: Do you prefer 3D or 2D graphics? Why?

3D. When it comes to graphics, new is always better.

Absolitetion

Years
Day 24: What's the most annoying status effect for you?
Paralysis and/or confusion.
And that is because of the probability on whether you attack or not. With Sleep/Freeze you know your Pok?mon won't attack, but with paralysis/confusion it may attack or not, and when it doesn't, it pisses me off more than anything else.

Years
Whoops... missed a few days.

Day 18: Which character has the coolest battle theme?
Assuming we're going with trainer themes here, both of Ghetsis' tracks are great. His BW theme really goes well with the importance of your battle with him, and his B2W2 theme goes well with his more power hungry demeanor.

Day 19: Which area has the coolest soundtrack?
The Johto Game Corner in GSC has probably the best soundtrack out of any of the Pokemon games. I could listen to it for hours, and was so happy to find out about the GB Sounds in HGSS. I probably spent way more time playing Voltorb Flip than I should've just to listen to the music, haha.

Day 20: Have you tried any challenge runs? If so, how did they go?
I've wanted to on a few occasions, but I can never remain interested long enough to follow through. My most recent attempt was with a Nuzlocke run on Moon, which I abandoned shortly after the first trial. Maybe if it was an actual feature added to the games, I'd be more likely to complete one.

Day 21: Do you miss the Game Corner? What was your favorite minigame in it?
While my day 19 answer applies here too, I also liked the roulette tables from RSE, especially when it was one of the high roller days. A bit disappointed that it didn't make a return in ORAS, since I would've been content with another game of Voltorb Flip!

"Eek! Did you touch me?"
- Lass Robin, from 20 feet away when I wasn't even looking at her.

I'm usually a bit overleveled through the majority of the game, until I reach the Elite Four, where I like to be slightly below the champion's levels. It makes for more interesting fights, and feels like a bigger accomplishment when I win.

I always flip-flop with my answer on this one, but burn cutting your attack while still injuring you is tough to argue against.

Years

Confusion. It's always that one status that works against me, and even after Sun & Moon nerfing it to a 1 in 3 chance of hitting yourself, I still often hit myself. Hate Kahili's Oricorio and Teeter Dance with a passion because of this.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years

Paraflinching. I know it's technically two, but it's still my answer.

blue

gucci
Years
"Strong Pok?mon. Weak Pok?mon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on ? ? the Champion is waiting." -- Karen

I aim to be underlevelled to make the game more challenging, but there have been times when I've become slightly overlevelled which is never too much of a problem. Turning the Exp. Share off in the later games can greatly help with this.

Confusion just annoys me to no end. It always seems to work in favour of the enemy yet never in my favour.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Day 8: Who's your favorite NPC from the Pok?mon games? Why? Gladion, because he reminds me of my emo years lol
Day 9: Do you use your Master Ball? Never. I find it ugly, and I always keep it for extreme emergency (ex Shiny Pok?mon that flees, or uses Self-Destruct)
Day 10: What villainous team did you like the best? Team Skull!!! <3
Day 11: What was your first Pok?mon to reach level 100? How long did this take you? It was my prized Zangoose in Sapphire, that a childhood friend gave to me. She had the EXP boost and I got her to Lvl100 in Sapphire in about 100 hours I think. Grind is painful in that game.
Day 12: Do you prefer 3D or 2D graphics? Why? 3D. X&Y and SuMo were astonishingly beautiful. I find pixelised graphics not very pretty, especially in a XL console. I don't find their retro charm better visually.

Last edited:
Years

Confusion, only because of how lopsided it is. Whenever my Pokemon gets confused, confusion lasts forever and it always hits itself. Whenever the opponent has it, it always goes away quickly.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022

Confusion. Stop hitting yourself!!

Absolitetion

Years
Day 25: What would you say is the toughest Trainer battle you've ever faced?
I guess against a friend of mine who is into competitive battling.

Years
Day 25: What would you say is the toughest Trainer battle you've ever faced?

Morimoto in S/M. This guy's AI is so smart that he always seemed to switch his Pokemon regardless of whatever attacks I throw at him, usually into something that resisted the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back