• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Pokémon Gaming Central's 30 Day Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
Day 19: Which area has the coolest soundtrack?

For the most part I don't keep memory on soundtracks in an area though I can recognize them. But I really enjoy the theme that plays in Ten Carat Hill/Resolution Cave.

Day 20: Have you tried any challenge runs? If so, how did they go?

I've done a few nuzlockes like a couple of months ago. One of a harder Platinum that I somehow lived. Then the same for Black 2.

I had started a Silver one but I haven't returned back to it.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years

I've completed a Psychic monotype in Blue and a Fire monotype in Y. I've attempted a Psychic monotype in Crystal and a Poison monotype in Y, but I never completed them. And I am almost finished with a Bug monotype in Blue.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Not much of a challenge fan

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Day 5: How were you introduced to the Pok?mon games? My dad played Blue when it came out, and I really enjoyed watching him play. He eventually bought me my own GBC with Pok?mon Silver :3

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Day 21: Do you miss the Game Corner? What was your favorite minigame in it?

Not really, no. Didn't spend much time in any of them. I always just straight up bought the coins for the prizes. Voltorb Flip was pretty good though.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years

Not particularly. I would either just buy all the coins I needed outright, or if that was too difficult I'd just soft-save, reset if I lost too much, and repeat until I had what I needed, at which point I would walk away and never come back.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Never really done one, though I consider trying it sometime.

It was a nice feature, but not that I really miss it.

Years
Day 19: Which area has the coolest soundtrack? - Really love a lot of Hoenn's soundtrack, so Littleroot Town or Route 101 does it for me, because of nostalgia.

Day 20: Have you tried any challenge runs? If so, how did they go? - Yeah I've tried a couple of Nuzlock runs before, I completed a White Wedlocke and failed a HGSS nuzlocke.

Years

I do, even though I rarely actually used the slots, I just bought the coins. =p

Years

I didn't like it, since I'm usually against gambling, and it totally made sense why it was axed as a feature after HG/SS due to PEGI (European ratings system) restricting it to 12 and over. I only bought coins anyway since I sucked at the slot machines.

Years
Day 19: Which area has the coolest soundtrack?
I don't know... Music isn't my priority in games ._.

Haven't tried any challenge yet, maybe in future!

Not truly, I'm not regular user of game corner, best mini game= voltorb flip.

blue

gucci
Years

Nah, I never really bothered with it all that much.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Day 6: If you could bring back one feature from the older Pok?mon games, what would it be? Lati@s soaring (oras counts as older game right?) I felt it's the best feature as you could explore new areas and it was just so cool and fun!

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Don't miss it, but I used to play the slots a bit. Once I finish the game I have enough money to buy coins to get Porygon.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Day 22: What's your favorite NPC quote? Why?
I barely take any quotes with me in real life, but one of my favorites must be from Grovyle in Explorers of Sky.
(Though technically he wasn't a NPC at that point, but whatever.)

photo.jpg

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I started this on the fifth day, so I'll go back and answer the first four now before continuing on:

Day 1: Your favorite and least favorite Pok?mon game?

My favourites are Diamond & Pearl as they introduced WiFi play. Before that I couldn't play with real people due to my living in a rural area. As for my least favourite, probably Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, at least until Game Freak gives us a reason to want it(which I'm sure they will).

Day 2: Most recent Pok?mon game you played? What were you doing?

Blue Version. I started a Bug Monotype and most recently beat Gary on my way to the Elite 4. That was a few weeks ago though, but I hope I can finish it up eventually.

Day 3: What Pok?mon game do you think had the best art style?

Maybe Gen 5. I loved all the bridge scenes across Isshu, especially the underwater one in B2W2.

Day 4: Do you battle competitively? Why or why not?

I used to, back in Gen 4. I stopped in Gen 5 due to a combination of WiFi battles no longer being 6v6 and Smogon's rules getting way too out of hand. They're even worse now so I don't know if I'll ever go back.

And now I'll get back on track:

This actually comes from Lass Haley on Hoenn Route 104: "If you're faced with a decision and you let someone else choose for you, you will regret it, however things turn out." I like it because I've had to learn that lesson from experience. ?_?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I like a lot of the stuff the NPCs in BW have to say. They're pretty self-explanatory, but not something you'd expect to find in a pokemon game.

"Having everything go your way is the road to disillusionment. - Caitlin

"Rrrraaaaar! I'll run! You gonna chase me? You run! Am I gonna chase you? Change your perspective-- and the reality changes." - A freakin' toddler

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022

"Strong Pok?mon. Weak Pok?mon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." from Karen.

Because competitive battlers should remember this as well.

Years

"Shorts are comfortable and easy to wear!"

You know how much I love it when a Youngster in the games says that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back