• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
I'm using MrDS, and I have changed BPRE to MrDS. However, when I load the rom it says, "Please check your offset in the ini for evolutiontable." My offset for evolutiontable is 0x259754, and I didn't change it. What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2018
This tool is really great thanks a lot, I have one problem though.

I have added all the 4th gen pokemon to the game, sprites, icons, names etc and i'm trying to make the new evolutions work. I used misdreavus to test to see if it would work. I have misdreavus evolve at level 6 into mismagius. However when misdreavus reaches level 6 it goes into the evolution sequence after the battle and says "What? Misdreavus is evolving!" the animation plays for a few seconds then it just ends with "...?". I've searched the forums for over an hour now looking for an answer but I can't find anything. Just wondering if anyone knows how to make the new evolutions work. Thanks.

(added some pics for reference)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
This tool is really great thanks a lot, I have one problem though.

I have added all the 4th gen pokemon to the game, sprites, icons, names etc and i'm trying to make the new evolutions work. I used misdreavus to test to see if it would work. I have misdreavus evolve at level 6 into mismagius. However when misdreavus reaches level 6 it goes into the evolution sequence after the battle and says "What? Misdreavus is evolving!" the animation plays for a few seconds then it just ends with "...?". I've searched the forums for over an hour now looking for an answer but I can't find anything. Just wondering if anyone knows how to make the new evolutions work. Thanks.

(added some pics for reference)

You haven't set the national dex.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
1. Somewhat, I think. You can't do it for all of them as of now, or so I've heard.
2. Yes. Use Jambo51's trainer editor or Kurapika's they both have inis you can modify to do that, or just hex edit them.
3.^ Also, if you wanna add them in the wild check my signature ;)
4.I don't know, make a copy of your ROM and try :)

sorry im a little new at this, is there a tutorial on how i can change or modify the inis so that i could edit the trainers to have the expanded pokemon. cuz if i dont make any changes in the inis apparently i cant edit the trainers using jambo's editor

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
sorry im a little new at this, is there a tutorial on how i can change or modify the inis so that i could edit the trainers to have the expanded pokemon. cuz if i dont make any changes in the inis apparently i cant edit the trainers using jambo's editor

Well when you download a tool it should come with it, for Jambo's trainer editor it's called TrainerEditor.
You double click it... and change what you have to change. I assume you expanded the dex, so where it says PokemonNames and NumberOfPokemon put what you have in your G3HS ini. This is the changes in made my ini for Jambo51's trainer editor. It probably won't work with your rom though.

PokemonNames=0x7200ec
NumberOfPokemon=774

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 3, 2020
Hi, I am using Mr.Dollsteak's patch and I hex edited "BPRE" to "MrDS" but then when I open the rom on the tool an error occurs. What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
Well when you download a tool it should come with it, for Jambo's trainer editor it's called TrainerEditor.
You double click it... and change what you have to change. I assume you expanded the dex, so where it says PokemonNames and NumberOfPokemon put what you have in your G3HS ini. This is the changes in made my ini for Jambo51's trainer editor. It probably won't work with your rom though.

PokemonNames=0x7200ec
NumberOfPokemon=774
ok so i think im doing something wrong, i changed numberofpokes = 412 and pokenames = 0x245EE0
thats what its in the G3HS ini and in the trainer editor what i have is PokemonNames=0x245EE0 (which isnt any change from the G3HS) and NumberOfPokemon=411
but i dont know why is the pokemon names the same with in both inis.
and btw I expanded 100 pokemon, probably either im doing something wrong or i didnt understand what u meant haha

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Did you try and load the rom before changing BPRE to MrDS?

No, I'll be trying it now.

EDIT: It works normally. Now changing the data.

quZOMTe.png

Am I changing the right one?

EDIT: This

oH9MbrF.png

When I hit yes:

6Q1CX72.png

EDIT: I hit report and then I got the same message I got in my op. Soooo

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • no
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
after expanding the pokemon table, how to make it appear on A-Map's wild pokemon tab? do i have to change the ini files of Amap? if so, which one?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
ok so i think im doing something wrong, i changed numberofpokes = 412 and pokenames = 0x245EE0
thats what its in the G3HS ini and in the trainer editor what i have is PokemonNames=0x245EE0 (which isnt any change from the G3HS) and NumberOfPokemon=411
but i dont know why is the pokemon names the same with in both inis.
and btw I expanded 100 pokemon, probably either im doing something wrong or i didnt understand what u meant haha

I think you did. When you expand the dex in G3HS it asks you for an offset to repoint it to, get it and put it in your ini.

DaisukE

Just feel it burning ^^
Years
The expand pokemon doesn't works.......it expands the pokemon correctly but as I changed the number of pokes to 649....it created it....and in the game as we move on to a battle with the pokemon that we expanded is with us....the game frezzes.....why is it so?

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
I think you did. When you expand the dex in G3HS it asks you for an offset to repoint it to, get it and put it in your ini.
ok so im one step closer so this is the offeset it gave me (manual offset when i expanded one pokemon): 72846c so i replaced PokemonNames=0x245EE0 with PokemonNames=72846c and now it shows me that i have pokemon however their names are corrupted, i see symbols instead of seeing BULBASAUR. Now, for this ROM (since im testing first), im using only 1 expanded pokemon, so i replaced the Pokemonnumbers=411 with 412,413 and it didnt work, i also replaced with 387 to no avail. Probably im getting the pokemon numbers wrong or probably there problem is another.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
ok so im one step closer so this is the offeset it gave me (manual offset when i expanded one pokemon): 72846c so i replaced PokemonNames=0x245EE0 with PokemonNames=72846c and now it shows me that i have pokemon however their names are corrupted, i see symbols instead of seeing BULBASAUR. Now, for this ROM (since im testing first), im using only 1 expanded pokemon, so i replaced the Pokemonnumbers=411 with 412,413 and it didnt work, i also replaced with 387 to no avail. Probably im getting the pokemon numbers wrong or probably there problem is another.

Try this: PokemonNames=0x72846c

Years
  • Age 31
  • no
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324867 here you go, follow this tutorial my friend

thanks! :DDD

another question... so i managed to put my extended pokemons in the wild. tried to catch one and this happened...
Spoiler:

is there way to edit this? if not, BYPASS it so each time i caught a pokemon, it skips this screen?

EDIT: also, i have already edited the POKEDEX tab on g3hs and repointed the stuff there. it works on the pokedex menu... its just that screen thats giving me that problem.

Back