• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If there were indeed such a region, I'd imagine players to be equipped with Go-Goggles from get-go, and be dressed accordingly so that they don't have to go through much trouble when there's some gigantic sandstorm. It'd be filled with ground and rock-types mostly, yeah, but I don't think much people would mind that. We might get tired of it every now and then, but we'll get used to it pretty soon; our main goal here is to enjoy whatever the game has to offer, and not vice-versa.

Years
  • I think it'd be interesting to have a region set in an all-snowy area--it could be based off of Antarctica or the north pole or something. Sinnoh's pretty snowy (I'm still of the mindset that the first four regions embody a specific season, with Sinnoh representing Winter), but you don't get hail in most places. It could also give Ice types love since they're one of the worst defensive types out there.

Years
  • I don't know if I'd want a whole region covered in snow- unless future games were to bring back seasons, and we saw snow accumulating in places like it did with Icirrus City, Twist Mountain, etc. As for a desert region, I don't think I'd be a big fan. The deserts in Pokemon games are always one of my least favorite places to travel, mostly because Rock and Ground types are two of my least favorite. If we were to get even more of them than we already do, I'd be a bit annoyed at it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    A whole snow region sounds fun to me and I could see it working, but a whole desert region sounds so boring. As Brendino said desert areas are one of my least favorite areas to travel through. It's like the entire area is brown, the Pokemon are brown, NPCs in the area are usually in brown ruins clothes... ugh so much brown. I actually enjoy rock/ground types, but I don't need nor want an entire region of them.

I think with a snowy region you could incorporate more Pokemon too. I could see the Pokemon being based off of hardier plants and animals of our world that live in colder conditions. I realize deserts have this too, but not as many.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The worst part about a desert region would be the constant Sandstorms.

There are desert regions though. Just not in the main games :) Orre, anybody?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If they do want create such a region for any game, perhaps it could be something small, as a part of post-game? You know, sort of like Sevii Islands?

Years
  • I'd love to see another archipelago like the Sevii Islands! I liked their addition to FRLG and disliked how there haven't been any archipelagos since. Also, the idea of constant sandstorms got me thinking: if there were another archipelago, wouldn't it be neat if the archipelago consisted of four islands that were always under a certain weather condition? Of course, there'd need to be a reason as to why the islands have different types of weather, especially since they'd be so close geographically speaking, but it'd still be interesting to see.

Years
  • I'd love to see another archipelago like the Sevii Islands! I liked their addition to FRLG and disliked how there haven't been any archipelagos since. Also, the idea of constant sandstorms got me thinking: if there were another archipelago, wouldn't it be neat if the archipelago consisted of four islands that were always under a certain weather condition? Of course, there'd need to be a reason as to why the islands have different types of weather, especially since they'd be so close geographically speaking, but it'd still be interesting to see.
    Yes, I would love this idea! It reminds me a lot of Fire, Ice and Lightning Island from the second Pokemon movie- the weather could be explained by the presence of a Pokemon like Articuno (snow), Zapdos (thunderstorms) or Moltres (intense heat). Of course, it wouldn't have to be those Pokemon exactly, but something like that would make the varying weather on islands in such close proximity plausible.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    All this 'snowy region' talk is reminding me a lot of the rom hack I saw recently.

The /vp/ section of 4Chan was working on it for a really long time and they recently released the demo! Has anyone heard of it? It's called Pokemon Sage version!

I think a snowy region in a main game would be cool but it would probably involve consistent hail just like Pokemon Sage. I think I'd prefer hail over a sandstorm though. :P

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    All this 'snowy region' talk is reminding me a lot of the rom hack I saw recently.

perhaps other people may be interested in these things hint hint

Archipelagos tend to be really beautiful. Even in 3rd Gen graphics I felt that Sevii Islands were kinda nice to see. Imagine what they could work with with a 3D engine.

Though it sounds fun to have a desert island. The borders may be grassy and things but inland will be sand dunes, more sand dunes... and sand dunes. Rock/Ground types are obv going to be the most prominent, but combining it with shore would allow a good mix of type varieties. Same goes with snowy islands.

And mountains. You'll never know what to expect with mountains.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I loved the sevii islands!! I thought it made for such a good post story plus extra to do before even defeating the champion. I really hope they make a fun addition like this to ORAS... I can understand why HG/SS didn't really get one since you have all of Kanto to explore after.

The weather extremes on each island is a fun idea. Also cool to see the many didn't customs of the people on the island to also add a theme to it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In X and Y, they've said that there was another region waiting to be discovered, never-before-seen. Perhaps we'll be able to see this in ORAS? I'm not sure what the possibility is of this actually happening, but I know I'd definitely love it. Post-game, we'd have a lot more things to do that way, rather than just catching Pokémon, building a team, battling online, and so forth.

As far as how the region might look, I could imagine it to be pretty small and based off an island.

Years
  • iirc, the rumors about Pokemon Plus and Minus stated the region was an archipelago, and while they may be rumors, it's possible they hold some truth to them. (Unless, of course, they were completely debunked; haven't checked.) A new region connected to ORAS would definitely be cool, though I sort of hope it'll be connected to XY's third game, especially since you have a train station in Couriway Town that you can't use.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That would definitely make better sense. Perhaps they could make this place in both ORAS, and XY's third installment? This sort of thing hasn't been done since RBY and GSC, and would be quite amusing to see it finally happen again.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Cool, Pokémon Channel :3 I never knew much about that game. I think it's nice that there are so many spin-offs on the pokémon franchise. PMD and the Colosseum being the stars from what I've understood.

I get an urge to play PMD Blue version again~

Years
  • Cool, Pokémon Channel :3 I never knew much about that game. I think it's nice that there are so many spin-offs on the pokémon franchise. PMD and the Colosseum being the stars from what I've understood.

I get an urge to play PMD Blue version again~
    I agree with all of this (except not knowing much about the game; I beat it long ago).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    XD: Gale of Darkness has got to be my most favorite of all spin-offs, haha. Story was engaging, graphics were pretty decent, and its features were pretty unique, with dark Pokémon being my personal favorite. Wish it had made it into main games, though, because it could add a lot to plots.

There's primal reversion and mega-evolution; why not take it a step further and include dark as well?

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I actually never understand how anyone can say Pokemon Channel is not even a game or that it's a bad game. Do you even realize how many hours I put into that game? D:

There had to be something to it if I could spend so long playing it everyday. I have many fond memories of playing that game and I still really love it to this day.
    To me, there was a lot to do and it 'qualified' as a Pokemon game. XD; Also I agree with including Dark Pokemon into the main games! That'd be so epic!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think I've played Pokémon Channel on my computer once before via emulator, but not on GameCube. I wish I had, though, since I did have that console around the time when it was initially released.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back