• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember much about Pokémon Channel, I only really remember it for that one "Vote Swinub 2016" tweet that I saw a while back. xP

I only played XD Gale of Darkness once, back in 2009 I think; I played it on my Wii and it was when I needed certain Pokémon for my Pokédex in Emerald (like Zangoose, because I didn't have Ruby at the time). It was really cool, though, stealing Pokémon from bad people.

Pokemon Channel is adorable as heck, hnnngh ;; It's a fun, casual game to play and is good if you just want to chill and not play something with a lot of action and thinking. That being said, it's the only Pokemon game for GC I don't own (unless you want to count Pokemon Box), but I've beaten it XD

Having Shadow Pokemon in the main games would be really awesome, and it would give players something extra to do (i.e., purify them and whatnot). I loved the idea in Colo/XD, and I really loved how I could finally throw a Poke Ball at an opponent's Pokemon without the game saying "Hey, that's stealing!"

I haven't had a chance to play any of the GameCube Pokemon games, though I've heard good things about Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. And I'm not all that familiar with Pokemon Channel, but it seems like a decent idea for a spin-off. Not sure if I'd go out of my way to play it, but I still want to give at least Gale of Darkness a chance at some point.

And adding Shadow Pokemon to the main series games could be an interesting idea. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few hacks attempt it, but it's definitely something I could see an evil team (either Cipher or someone else) trying to do.

I still have the XD edition gamecube. Still works!! It was a fun game to play, though I missed the N64 Stadium. My cousins and I would host tournaments every Christmas and Summer with our old teams.

Well I have not played the GameCube Pokemon games either so I decided to check if I could find them new on Amazon. Turns out both Colosseum and XD are there, but are only one left in stock for each game. As for price, both of them are more than $100.

Wow, that's a lot! It's not exactly surprising, either, though, due to their rarity. In my local GameStop store, they have several copies of these games, costing around $20 only. I didn't buy any, since my GameCube isn't working. Plus, I already have a copy of XD, so there's that! They have these games listed online, too, but you can't order them; you have to go into the store yourself if you'd like to get your hand on one.

$100 sounds really pricy; if I ever get in a bind, maybe I should sell Colo/XD online, haha. ...Though, honestly, even then it'd be difficult to let go of them because they're some of my all-time fave Pokemon spinoffs. If they were ever re-released on the Wii U or a future home console, then I might consider giving them up in hopes that I'll be able to acquire them again for the aforementioned home console. (I'm sort of hoping they'll be re-released on the Wii U with some updates (like possibly allowing you to battle with or obtain Gen. IV-VI Pokemon); iirc Wind Waker had some additional stuff + was made in HD, right? Regardless, both are popular games, so it'd be nice to see them return!)

Wow, for new? I recall getting XD Gale of Darkness used at GameStop for like $20 or something, I don't even remember. I know the main series games are high up because they're not being made, but the GameCube games I wouldn't expect them to be overly pricey. And I got that one before I even had my job.

Ugh, for the longest time I've wanted to purchase Colosseum again to relive one of my favorite Pokemon games ever, but none of the GameStops near me have a copy available to buy, and I don't want to overpay for a game like this. I've tried playing it on my computer, but there is just no way to run it smoothly. :[ A shame, Colosseum holds a special place in my heart. Back in fifth grade, I was stricken with pneumonia and it was absolutely horrible; I was out of school for a week, but luckily that week was when I first got my hands on Colosseum. Spent every day of that week playing it, and almost took the pain of being sick away.

It'd be great if they could make sequels to XD and Colosseum for Wii U someday; I'm sure it'd lend a hand when it comes to boosting sales, even to the slightest. If not sequels, then remakes wouldn't be so bad, either. I've played them plenty of times before, but doing it once more with improved graphics, sound, and general game-play would be lovely.

.. Wait what. Over $100? The hell? o_o;

I did not realize they could actually go for that much. Though I guess it doesn't surprise me since RSE go for a pretty buck a piece, especially if you still have the case. Pokemon game prices never seem to go down whatsoever so maybe that's why. God, Nintendo. Ease up on the money demand, would ya?

Speaking of XD I've been really wanting to play that game lately. I've still got both Colosseum and XD, myself. Bought them for discount many Christmases ago. :D

Though I've been meaning to ask, guys. What's your opinion on the Pokepark series?

I never got to play either Pokepark game, but they seem really cute and fun :< They seem like they'd be a bit Pokemon Channel-esque, albeit you aren't spending most your time in front of a TV, haha. If I can get all the other Wii games I want, I'll probably get one or both to play.

Never touched any games in the Pokepark series, but it looks adorable, haha. Not my type of thing, though. One of the spin-offs that I feel is pretty underrated is Pokemon Rumble. I have it on my old Wii, and it's a lot of fun, but I never hear anything about it. Have any of you guys played it before? o:

PokePark always looked neat, and I liked how they handled a story based in it, but - I have never owned a Wii. And if I'm not mistaken, it isn't on 3ds or another platform.

On a side note - this artist is becoming one of my favorite comic makers
Spoiler:

I've definitely heard of Pokémon Rumble, but don't think I've played it. I suppose I have time to give it a shot, since my Wii is still functional, but I'm kind of lazy to hook it back up, haha. If they ever make this game available for Wii U, though, then I'll be trying it for sure. Also, I feel like I'm supposed to know this, but wasn't there a sequel to this game for 3DS, called Pokémon Rumble 3D (or something along the lines)?

Pokepark always seemed like a glorified Mystery Dungeon to me so I never really fussed with it. I'm not even sure what the games were actually about though. One game I really wanted was PBR but I never had a Wii and my mom wouldn't get me one so I would just cry and :(

All the Pokemon games I've played have only been on the handheld consoles. I've never even touched a gamecube or a wii. sad but true.

I liked and disliked the original Pokemon Rumble. While it was pretty fun, I swear my bad luck with shinies carried over to it, as my friend would be finding a bunch on his files when I played with him while I only found a couple on my files (on a separate Wii). Dunno if multiplayer had anything to do with increasing the shiny rate, but I didn't have any friends living close enough to come over and play, so I could really only play by myself :< Also owned Rumble Blast--in fact, it was my first 3DS game--and I loved how it had a plot <3

As for Pokemon Battle Revolution, I'd like to own it because, despite the lack of plot, I still love the colosseums and battle styles in it (based on what I got to play, anyway) and would love to try out my teams on it!

All the Pokemon games I've played have only been on the handheld consoles. I've never even touched a gamecube or a wii. sad but true.
Don't worry- you aren't the only one. Aside from a bit of Pokemon Stadium on the N64, I've never played any of the console games either, as I haven't owned any of Nintendo's home consoles. The handhelds are a different story, as I've played almost everything they have to offer, but I think I'd still prefer them over spinoff games even if I had the choice.

I've had Pokémon Battle Revolution, but haven't touched it much after purchasing. It was okay, but didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Wound up trading it in few months after. I seriously wish that there were more features to it in general, rather than just straightforward battling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back