• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
Years
  • I really loved The Mystery Dungeon series. It was something fun and kept me in the Pokemon mood when I wasn't feeling up to playing the core set of games. The newest one was basically a compeliation of Sky and Time, yes?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've always thought Mystery Dungeon series to take place before main games. Humans were most likely non-existent back then, and they probably wanted to show Pokémon interacted with each other without their presence. Of course, they've never given us any official word on it, but it'd be great if they did! Could you imagine how interesting that would be, and how much it would open in terms of fan-work?

Years
  • I've always thought Mystery Dungeon series to take place before main games. Humans were most likely non-existent back then, and they probably wanted to show Pokémon interacted with each other without their presence. Of course, they've never given us any official word on it, but it'd be great if they did! Could you imagine how interesting that would be, and how much it would open in terms of fan-work?

They definitely weren't non-existent--after all, the protag. in all the PMD games (well, maybe not the WiiWare ones) were humans turned Pokemon. Gengar in the first PMD games was human as well. Plus, in RRT/BRT, it's implied that humans and Pokemon were together, as Gengar was partnered with Gardevoir while he was a human. That being said, it is possible there weren't many humans, but they did exist!

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
  • Mystery Dungeon did bring cool aspects, such as pokemon points of view. I will admit that I did cheat to get a fire-type pokemon. haha

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    I always was nagged at by the screen to keep my finger pressed on there. I'd always yank it off there before I got the results

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've always thought Mystery Dungeon series to take place before main games. Humans were most likely non-existent back then, and they probably wanted to show Pokémon interacted with each other without their presence. Of course, they've never given us any official word on it, but it'd be great if they did! Could you imagine how interesting that would be, and how much it would open in terms of fan-work?

They definitely weren't non-existent--after all, the protag. in all the PMD games (well, maybe not the WiiWare ones) were humans turned Pokemon. Gengar in the first PMD games was human as well. Plus, in RRT/BRT, it's implied that humans and Pokemon were together, as Gengar was partnered with Gardevoir while he was a human. That being said, it is possible there weren't many humans, but they did exist!

Wow, that is such a cool theory! I call time travel being the culprit :D especially possible since there are time gears and stuff involved already. A human gets sent long into the past and becomes a pokémon.

Years
  • I really liked the PMD series. I never got to play the one for the GBA though. They reminded me of a book I had when I was younger that this kid woke up as a Pikachu after seeing the first movie

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • From the sounds of it, could it be possible that they are alternate worlds? So that the human somehow left their world and entered the MD one as a Pokemon.

Reminds me of a fic idea I had of the general MD setup, only that the person-turned-pokemon was an elderly person on their deathbed beforehand. Just seemed neat, but not something I would really think about writing out before I ever tried out one of the games.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I just thought it was the same world, but a hidden place that humans either haven't found or settled yet. The Pokémon were speaking their normal sounds, but you can now understand them since you're a Pokémon. It was probably a Dusknoir or something that planted your soul into another Pokémon :P

Also why do they call it Moomoo Milk and not Miltank Milk? /dairy topic

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, it's surely a brand name! You don't call your usual milk brand "cow milk", do you? Cow milk is what it is, but Arla milk is what kind of milk I buy. In Johto, they buy Moomoo milk :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I agree with above! Plus, if they ever introduce another cow Pokémon in future (from which humans could drink milk), the name "Moomoo Milk" would actually be fitting.

Personally, I'd love to see that happen. There's Tauros, Milktank, and a bull-like Pokémon with afro (forgot what its name was, haha), but from them all, only one's able to contribute milk. If there were one more, I think it'd be a lot better, generally. In real life, cows slightly differentiate depending on what place they're in--sometimes majorly--and if you ask me, same should be applied in Pokémon world.

Wobbu

Years
  • Well, I just call it milk. If not, then I'll call it cow milk to clarify that it's not from a goat or any other animal, but I rarely do that. Why does literally nobody in the Pokémon world simply call it milk? Like where does the MooMoo come from?? Miltank don't say "moo," they say "Miltank"

???

Years
  • Well, I just call it milk. If not, then I'll call it cow milk to clarify that it's not from a goat or any other animal, but I rarely do that. Why does literally nobody in the Pokémon world simply call it milk? Like where does the MooMoo come from?? Miltank don't say "moo," they say "Miltank"

???
    Why, whatever do you mean, dear Wobbu?

Spoiler:

And I always assumed that MooMoo was just the brand of the milk, since it comes from the MooMoo Farm itself.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ah Wobbu. There is a sinple explanation for your apparent confusion/annoyance. The pokemon anime (and Yellow version game, based on the anime) is the only iteration of the pokemon world where pokemon say their names. Except for a few humorous things in the games, like a Pilachu being named Pekachu actually saying "peka" or something iirc? Even in the BW2 promo, the pokemon made natural sounding noises instead.

So it's perfectly possible that Miltank usually sound like "moo"; their anime counterparts just don't since it's more fun for the kids if pokemon almost-talk. I guess.

Wobbu

Years
  • But its cry still sounds like a bunch of nonsense rather than a moo...

Might as well call it AsdsfghAsdsfgh Milk :P

And why does Miltank supposedly make a moo when no other other animal Pokémon makes the stereotypical noise that's associated with their irl version? Also, Pikachu is too cool for a cry now and actually says "Pikachu" in the games haha

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Same could be said a lot of other Pokémon, actually, not just Milktank! For example, when you compare Staraptor's cry with sound of an eagle, you could notice how similar it sounds. When comparing Infernape with cry of some real-life ape, you'd notice that they're alike, more or less. There are plenty of others, but for now, these two are the only ones I could think of.

Years
  • Miltank's does seem like a long low moo, in my opinion. Some cries you have to listen to over & over to try to get the jist

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back