• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I suppose I like pinball games a bit more than some of you guys, haha. I don't know, they're just fun to me.

Years
  • I tend to enjoy pinball games myself, sometimes they're that kind of thing you just can't resist.

Also, I remember when GameInformer reviewed Pokémon Pinball RS, and the main reviewer gave it an 8.5 while the second reviewer (who gave an abridged review) gave it a 2. xD I died laughing at that. You don't see such a gigantic difference in reviews like that. But I do have good memories with Pokémon Pinball, even if it was difficult at times.

Years
  • I tend to enjoy pinball games myself, sometimes they're that kind of thing you just can't resist.

Also, I remember when GameInformer reviewed Pokémon Pinball RS, and the main reviewer gave it an 8.5 while the second reviewer (who gave an abridged review) gave it a 2. xD I died laughing at that. You don't see such a gigantic difference in reviews like that. But I do have good memories with Pokémon Pinball, even if it was difficult at times.

Pokemon is extremely divisive at GameInformer, I've noticed. Many are extremely into the craze on the staff, while it's clear others just don't get it at all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    R/S pinball was so ♥♥♥♥ing addicting I question anyone who did not enjoy it!!

Also explorers of sky was surprising refreshing and fun for me. Much better than red/blue rescue team. Never played time/darkness since I went straight to sky.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've played Time, if I remember correctly, but never tried Darkness. They're pretty much same, though, so it doesn't exactly matter.

Years
  • For some reason, I liked Darkness more than Time despite the fact they're the same, save for the version exclusive Pokemon and items. (I also prefer Time's version exclusive Pokemon and items.) Of course, Sky triumphs over both of them, and now I find it odd restarting either since they lack the Spinda Cafe and extra stories and whatnot :<

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If they could, I think it'd be great if they release some Mystery Dungeon game for a home-console (which would be Wii U, since it's current gen) at some point in future. How amazing would it be to play in larger 3D models, and with higher-quality graphics and sound overall? If you ask me, it'd have a very different feel, and personally, I'd really like that; should be a pretty fun experience!

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
    Years
  • If they could, I think it'd be great if they release some Mystery Dungeon game for a home-console (which would be Wii U, since it's current gen) at some point in future. How amazing would it be to play in larger 3D models, and with higher-quality graphics and sound overall? If you ask me, it'd have a very different feel, and personally, I'd really like that; should be a pretty fun experience!

^This so much. Maybe utilizing the touch pad to find items buried underneath sand/dirt

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Why is Lucario an awesome pokemon?
    Because it looks like a ninja and ninjas are awesome. Yeah?

Also I thought Infinity Gates was like PMD for wii. But maybe I'm too little of a gamer to know that stuff >.<

Years
  • It's too bad the WiiWare PMD games never made it outside of Japan; I would've loved to play them ;; Gates to Infinity is the next best thing because it has 3D graphics, higher quality and sound, etc., but it isn't for a home console. It'd be neat to see another PMD game (or set of games) make it to the Wii U. If they're good enough and get localized, I might try and purchase a Wii U if I don't own one already XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Because it looks like a ninja and ninjas are awesome. Yeah?

Also I thought Infinity Gates was like PMD for wii. But maybe I'm too little of a gamer to know that stuff >.<

I've actually never heard of that! It's kind of ironic, though, considering how much of a Wii follower I used to be.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Never heard of Gates to Infinity? See I didn't even know its proper name, haha, that's how bad a gamer I am :D

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I know the names of the games, but does it make me a bad gamer because I've had spin-offs chilling in my room for years with like 10 mins of total playing time??

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wouldn't say that, haha. There's a lot of spin-off games that I bought, only to trade them in after few hours of game-play. They're great, but some of them just don't fit my taste as much as others.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • The console spin-offs are nice; it's the handheld spin-offs that cause the struggle. I wouldn't trade them in though. Sometime in the future I will gain the urge to play them, like how I beat XD last winter for the first time in about six years... Maybe my Guardian Signs will one day feel complete :P

Years
  • I never played a single spinoff, maybe because I'm one of those who's on a tight budget (yeah I hate being a pensioner) so that means I can't get as much as I want. But if I were to play a spinoff I would have tried the Mystery Dungeon series, they have quite interesting storylines.

I'd pretty much enjoy Gates To Infinity since it has my Poke-mascot Oshawott as a playable Pokemon.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to Pokemon spinoff games, I have played the following:
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
    Pokemon Ranger (never beat)
    Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia (never beat)
    Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
    Pokemon Conquest (side stories will take a while)
    Pokemon Battle Revolution (Neon Colosseum is a wall for me)
    Pokemon Battle Trosei (not liking it much)

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • I have played most of the Spinoff games, but I've only ever enjoyed the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games. The other few such as Ranger or Conquest are far too bland too me and playing through the game is something I would reluctantly do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back