• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernape

fire power!
Years
  • Miltank has a weird cry, but Moomoo milk is a pretty catchy name. A lot of kids I know when they where smaller called milk ¨moo¨

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    This reminds me of the topic of deleleleleWOOP Kricketune cries a while back. I guess they can refresh the cries in the later games because it's so trivial, but playing the games a lot would make you remember the Pokémon by cry. It may be awkward, but it does stand out!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Will the upgrades in tech force them to redo the voices? Or will they just keep "remaking" these sounds?

Like, we hear Pika getting to say Pika now (a long held yellow version dream), but now I think asking for a moo is reasonable. D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This reminds me of the topic of deleleleleWOOP Kricketune cries a while back. I guess they can refresh the cries in the later games because it's so trivial, but playing the games a lot would make you remember the Pokémon by cry. It may be awkward, but it does stand out!
    In Kricketune's case, yes! May they never change deleleleleWOOOP because it's <3 and we should all worship the very noise of it.

But for Gen 1 and probably most Gen 2 pokémon, the cries aren't all that memorable because the tech wasn't advanced enough for them to do very varied stuff. I'm not against the edits or plain exchanges they did for some cries in Gen 6.

... as long as they let deleleleleWOOOP live.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Why does the lady at the Pokemon Center always hope to see me again? Masochists...
    HAhahhaha I thought about this so much when playing the Johto games for some reason. "We hope you lose again so that you'll have to come again and pay to make us-"
    wait it's free even, what are they really getting out of all this.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • HAhahhaha I thought about this so much when playing the Johto games for some reason. "We hope you lose again so that you'll have to come again and pay to make us-"
    wait it's free even, what are they really getting out of all this.
    I'd be in it for the stories.

Imagine all the terribly difficult battles you hear back about. They might know more than some professors with those stories.

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
  • I really try to take it positively when they say that. XD It's super hard when you've had the crap beat out of you and this smiling nurse is all ¨That's right loser! Come back again soon!~¨

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe she just really cares about every trainer and hopes that when they get beaten up again (because they undoubtedly will) they have the sense to return to a pokémon center instead of buying potions and medicine for all their money. She's really just hoping that when the inevitable happens, you do the best thing and come see them again :D

#positivethinking

Years
  • ^This. I hope.
    all those Max revives and such can be a hassle when you're trying to save up for that TM you wanted and your a few Pokebucks short

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ^This. I hope.
    all those Max revives and such can be a hassle when you're trying to save up for that TM you wanted and your a few Pokebucks short
    Yeah, speaking of TMs: how did you guys feel about them becoming infinite, like HMs? I guess I can see the appeal, but still it feels... a bit too easy now?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm very much fond of it! TMs and HMs are discs, apparently, which you put into some media player (which doesn't show in your back-pack) to show your Pokémon tutorials of attacks, so that they could watch and learn.

CDs, DVDs, and such things are permanent. Meaning, if they're not damaged, you could be using them as much as you please. When TMs were thrown after each use, it, to me, didn't make much sense. Now that they've changed it up and made them function similarly to HMs, it's a lot better. Plus, it's less time-consuming, as this doesn't require you to worry about finding more of these things after you run out.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I'm very much fond of it! TMs and HMs are discs, apparently, which you put into some media player (which doesn't show in your back-pack) to show your Pokémon tutorials of attacks, so that they could watch and learn.

In FR and LG, it shows you putting the disc onto their forehead. Not sure what happens while the disc is on their forehead, but putting textbooks in my forehead doesn't make it any easier to pass a class >_>

Anyways, I like that TMs are infinite. I like to collect TMs and at the same time use them on my Pokémon, so it's nice to keep them after using them. Though it's about time for the removal of unforgettable HMs imo.

Years
  • Indeed, re-usable TMs was one of the awesome things about Gen V. And in XY they made them even more convenient in the sense that they fully restore PP over the move you replace them with. Like, who needs Ethers and Elixirs anymore? x)

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    I wouldn't say Rotom was a bad pokemon. Most of the Pokemon in B/W where...eh to me. Also the low roster of new pokemon in X/Y was disappointing

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Rotom and Castform where cool when I first saw them. Never bothered to catch them to see what they where all about though. That was a fail on my part

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back