• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
    I wasn't very impressed with Black/White, either. It did seem broken in many ways. The new characters had more personality and diversity than I've seen in the series so far, but unfortunately not much was done with them at all. Especially Alder, who I thought was pretty cool and "Champ" like in the beginning.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    B/W turned me off because they made us use new Pokémon exclusively and I didn't think very highly of any of them. I also thought that the movement of the sprites in the game was not very smooth at all and the Pokémon didn't look very good because of how pixelated they looked.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    The backsprites are awfully pixelated, but the front sprites look great. The story is amazing, and you aren't limited to the gen V pokemon in B2W2, which is great. The internal team plasma struggle is very interesting.

Also, bit off topic, but has anyone here played Pokemon Master Trainer?

Years
    Yay! Glad we have some Generation V fans in here. (: You guys all know what I think of B2W2, but with BW, I enjoyed it at first, but partway through 2013 it really soured on me because of how many people raved about BW and praised the living tar out of it, making only new Pokémon out to be the best thing ever, while calling B2W2 crap or mediocre and hardly acknowledging its content. But they came to grow on me again later in the year. It's still hard for me to put up with those fans, but one of these days i'll have to discuss why they're not the same game, though.

And no, I have not played Pokémon Master Trainer. But where should I know that name from?

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    BW was okay, while B2W2 are my favorite games at the moment.

It's a boardgame released in like 1998. Also it got a updated release in 2006 or something. I was googling around for board game adaptions today, and apparently pokemon got one.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    The backsprites are awfully pixelated, but the front sprites look great. The story is amazing, and you aren't limited to the gen V pokemon in B2W2, which is great. The internal team plasma struggle is very interesting.

Also, bit off topic, but has anyone here played Pokemon Master Trainer?

About 15 years ago. I can't even remember what it was like because it was so overshadowed by Pokemonopoly as far as Poke-themed board games are concerned.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    About 15 years ago. I can't even remember what it was like because it was so overshadowed by Pokemonopoly as far as Poke-themed board games are concerned.

Was it good? haha. It's a shame, because monopoly is a terrible board game. I'm interested in how it works, I've always wanted to play a boardgame where more than just the theme is based on pokemon.
    Also, they did a pokemonopoly reprint in 2014, apperantly.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    Was it good? haha. It's a shame, because monopoly is a terrible board game. I'm interested in how it works, I've always wanted to play a boardgame where more than just the theme is based on pokemon.
    Also, they did a pokemonopoly reprint in 2014, apperantly.

Let me go on record to say that I am not a Monopoly fan and have never played a game to finish. However, I will put a Pokemart and Pokemon Center on every tile on the board in Pokemonopoly. There are just enough modifications to the form to make it fun :)

pkmin3033

I have the original version of Pokemon Monopoly! I used to be Bulbasaur, my mother was Clefairy, and my father was Blastoise...spent so many hours playing that. xD

And yet I never really cared for the TCG...I went through a phase of buying the cards when Neo Destiny was released - I even got a full set of them which, seeing how much the shining cards go for now, I wish I'd kept - but outside of the GBC game, I never played the game...it just wasn't very fun.

Years
    I definitely remember hearing of Pokémon Monopoly, while I did like those board games way back in the day I never played many variations of them. xP

And I played the TCG so many years ago, but I think I still have the old GBC game of it. And if it's true that that's on Virtual Console now, I might have to invest.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The TCG was the start of my love for pokémon ;; Everyone at school had the cards and played and traded. Nobody knew how to play the game, haha. And someone had a GB and Pokémon Red or Blue, but it looked too advanced for most of us to care about. And then came the anime and it became the big thing... For a year or two. Then we grew out of it. I was one of few people who still thought it was cool and kept making up my own fakemon and stuff.

And then, yeeears later when I had almost given up on a chance to like pokémon AND be a, hm, decently regarded teenager in the world, I discovered pokémon forums on the internet. A place to talk to people about nerdy things, so that I wouldn't need to do that "irl" so to speak. Thanks PC :')

/rant

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I seemed to kill the chit-chat, so let's revive it with the most basic subject there is: what is your favorite pokemon? Have you had another favorite before but changed?

pkmin3033

My current favourite Pokemon is Lotad. I'm due another name change.

...alright, maybe not. Lotad is awesome though; I always liked Brock's ditzy one. But my favourite Pokemon before Meloetta was Giratina, and before that it was Latias, before that was Murkrow, before that was Articuno. Gen VI was actually quite disappointing to me in some regards, because I didn't get a new favourite. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sorry if i scared ;;

Lotad! It's cute but I prefer Lombre :3

I can't pick a single fav. I guess it could be Sneasel. But I'd like a team with

Sneasel
    Octillery
    Elekid
    Charmeleon

Yeah, those are probably my faves. And Bulbasaur, Cryogonal, Zangoose and shiny!Furret and Flareon and Scizor and Chesnaught and Chikorita and

See? Can't choose.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I have always been a Growlithe and Vulpix fan. Little fire puppies. So cute. Just imagine all the warm cuddles! Plus, Arcanine and Ninetales both look so majestic and elegant. I'd totally ride Arcanine into battle. :3

Years
    Im back guys :)

I''ve started Guardian Signs a couple of days ago and its pretty awesome. People following me around are kinda annoying, but riding a Raikou made up for all of the annoying details which arent that bad anyway.
    I do however miss starting from the zero in a ranger school like in Almia, and Im kinda annoyed by being casually pulled through time like it doesnt matter, but it's still fun though. :D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    My favourite has always been Ninetales :) I got really upset when I traded my shiny TCG card for a Dewgong (a close second for Gen 1!).

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    My favorites are Bergmite and Torterra. Bergmite is a bit of a weird choice, as I haven't laid my hands on 6th gen yet, but it's so cute and adorable and it's ice which is the coolest type ever. And torterra is an island, which is cool.

I never liked pokemon ranger. It's one of the weaker concepts. Still better than Dash though.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Bergmite is a bit of a weird choice, as I haven't laid my hands on 6th gen yet, but it's so cute and adorable and it's ice which is the coolest type ever.

This seems to be a popular opinion XD although I'm not too fond of it's evolution. :( Avalugg just looks wrrrrong and boring to me.

Spoiler:

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    This seems to be a popular opinion XD although I'm not too fond of it's evolution. :( Avalugg just looks wrrrrong and boring to me.

Spoiler:

I'm trying not to freak out over how adorable that is. It's just such an effective design, I'm really in love with the guy. Avalugg is awesome too in my opinion, but it's a bit of a downgrade from Bergmite.

Back