• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Avalugg is amazing! :3 I used to think it looked stupid, but when I researched it a bit I grew to really like it.

Spoiler:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I really like the design choice of one being the small tip of the iceberg, and the other being the big underwater part. I also think the flat top of Avalugg just works.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, lord, there's a lot; I'm not even sure where to begin.

My first two would be Vulpix and Ninetales, and there are various reasons them, which I had stated in other threads around here on PGen on numerous occasion--they're respective cute and elegant-looking, and when it comes down to battling, they're able to perform wonderfully. They're sort of an all-in-one.

Up next is Togekiss, due to similar reasons. It seems adorable to me, and has amazing battling capabilities, thanks to combination of its ability--Serene Grace--and moves that it has access to, such as Air Slash, Ominous Wind, and so forth. After this, they are Volcarona, Lucario, Gyarados, Machamp... the list is endless, really!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Avalugg is amazing! :3 I used to think it looked stupid, but when I researched it a bit I grew to really like it.

Spoiler:

OK, that's pretty cute. Look at all the baby Christos on its back ^_^.

My first two would be Vulpix and Ninetales, and there are various reasons them, which I had stated in other threads around here on PGen on numerous occasion--they're respective cute and elegant-looking, and when it comes down to battling, they're able to perform wonderfully. They're sort of an all-in-one.

Drought Ninetales? Good choice.

@Sven - I don't think I know a single person who doesn't like Umbreon. It's super cute, I just watched an episode with one in :D.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I never really understood all the attention the Eevee line got. The idea is super cool and the designs are fun, but they don't seem that special to me. I wonder if they would've still gotten the same amount of attention without the gimmick. Umbreon's still cool though, don't worry.

Years
    Avalugg looks kinda cool, but sadly its low Special Defense kinda ruins it. It is amusing that it's basically a jumbo sized icy table though :P Really wish they had something to give it more use. I do remember one time when Wulfric's really gave me a run for my money, though.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I'm not much of a fan of Avalugg, it just doesn't do much for me design-wise. I just don't get it honestly.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    Avalugg is neat, it looks original. Bergmite is a cutie too. Umbreon is the best Eeveelution; I don't care how overrated it is.
    My favourite is Scrafty of course. <3 Houndoom was my previous favourite for 5-6 years.

Years
    My favorite always has and always will be Butterfree. It's not a particularly great Pokemon in the games (unless you get a speedy one that can effectively use status moves), but both the anime and the TCG helped cement my love for it. To be honest, I probably get more emotional watching Bye Bye Butterfree than I do the first Pokemon movie, which is saying quite a bit considering Ash only had Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree for 19 episodes.

And I never noticed that Avalugg was supposed to be the tip of the iceberg and Bergmite the bottom part until MorallyIncorrect brought it up. That's pretty clever, and their designs just went up a notch in my book.

Years
    Eeveelutions are not really that overrated. What's special about them is that within line you have something that could suit anyone, or at least almost anyone.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    My favorite always has and always will be Butterfree. It's not a particularly great Pokemon in the games (unless you get a speedy one that can effectively use status moves), but both the anime and the TCG helped cement my love for it. To be honest, I probably get more emotional watching Bye Bye Butterfree than I do the first Pokemon movie, which is saying quite a bit considering Ash only had Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree for 19 episodes.

Butterfree is pretty cool. Especially in Pokemon abridged :P had me laughing for ages.

Years
    Butterfree? That's one that got a small boost in XY with Quiver Dance. Too bad its usability isn't quite as high in the original games and FRLG, although that nice Compound Eyes and Sleep Powder is a good benefit.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Butterfree isn't too great in FR/LG, but it is usable with Psychic and Giga Drain. Makes for a decent Sleep Powder user as well.

Years
    Butterfree? That's one that got a small boost in XY with Quiver Dance. Too bad its usability isn't quite as high in the original games and FRLG, although that nice Compound Eyes and Sleep Powder is a good benefit.
    In HeartGold, Butterfree was my go-to Pokemon because of Compound Eyes + Sleep Powder. Combine that with Dream Eater, and I was able to plow my way through almost all the Kanto Gym Leaders and Red with just Butterfree. I don't think it would hold up well competitively, but in-game it can be great when used right.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I don't think I have ever used the starting game bug before gen V. Sewaddle was the first one that peeked my interest with it's design.

Years
    I don't have my Pokéwalker, I don't even remember spending much time with it while I still did. I never really got how to use it, and even if I knew how to I still don't think I would have really bothered to get much out of it.

Years
    I never used my Pokewalker, because I didn't know how to even connect it. Sadly its batteries have pretty much died out and I ended up eventually moving on from HG/SS so it ended up becoming irrelevant.

Back