• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

pkmin3033

Ash's Pikachu has been toeing the line with the 4 move thing for quite a while now...which is actually kinda disappointing. Giving up Volt Tackle for Electro Ball is just silly, as the former had far more dramatic impact.

Ash's Charizard, on the other hand, uses whatever it wants whenever it feels like it...

Years
  • Ah... Ash's Charizard. I always remember when that thing was lazy as all heck back in Kanto, and Johto I think. Poor guy got cheated out of the Kanto league because of it. But it was hard watching him say goodbye to it in Johto...

pkmin3033

It's come back repeatedly at least! It was nice seeing him battle with it in the Battle Frontier series...although I would have been much happier if he'd gone and retrieved his Pidgeot from the forest when he went back to Kanto. Pidgeotto was one of his flagship Pokemon for the entire Indigo series, seeing him let it go was quite depressing.

Still, at least Ash has long outgrown his "I'm going to let you go for barely adequate reasons" phase now...now he's more of a "I'm going to leave you in the lab and never see you again" kind of trainer. xD

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I was always a fan of Ash's Pidgeotto, so it's sad that he left it behind. It would be awesome if he went back for it and ended up using Mega Pidgeot.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ah, Mega Pidgeot, it should happen! Has he got any other megas so far?

/doesn't follow the anime at all

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ah... Ash's Charizard. I always remember when that thing was lazy as all heck back in Kanto, and Johto I think. Poor guy got cheated out of the Kanto league because of it. But it was hard watching him say goodbye to it in Johto...

Just remember The Humiliation & beating Ash's Charizard suffered in Charific Valley since man-trained charizard are inferior to Charific Valley charizard.
    Then Alain appear and his charizard reveal to be equally strong or stronger then Ash's charizard without training in Charific Valley .
    How do you feel about it ?
    I think it will prove how the Tomika and his team favor their own character like Alain over Ash who happen to be the creation of Satoshi Teiji and his Team.

pkmin3033

I...have a hard time caring about Alain, to be honest. I kinda feel like the Mego Evo specials should have been made into a movie. Or he should have been scrapped entirely and the episodes should have revolved around Steven Stone or someone else...someone more likeable and interesting. Paul, maybe. Hoenn isn't his thing, but I think he'd love Mega Evolution. xD

I doubt Alain's Charizard would beat Ash's, though. For one reason: plot armour. The "I'm going to beat the blatantly superior version of myself!" plot is a thing for most of Ash's Pokemon at some point or another, because main character status > evolution. Ash's Charizard would probably be all "Your Mega Evolution cannot harm me! My plot armour is like a shield of steel!" and, after losing spectacularly the first time, spend an episode doing some semi off-screen training (and maybe getting captured by Team Rocket) before winning with relative ease the second time.

...and now I kinda want to see that. xD

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't really remember Alain, to be honest. You can kinda tell it's been a while since i've seen the anime, but the Mega Evolution specials might be some for me to actually give a check.

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
  • Ash's Charizard is still in that valley? (I haven't watched pokemon in 5+ years)

I always thought that the Charific Valley was a cool place. If I personally had a Charizard, I wouldn't let them stay there for so long though

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I thought only Eternal Flower Flotte can learn ''Light of ruin'' ! Since When Sylveon get to learn that attack--
    tumblr_nk9icq3Rg61swx9ioo1_400.gif

For information : ''Light of Ruin'' is the strongest fairy type move that does recoil damage.

I doubt Alain's Charizard would beat Ash's, though. For one reason: plot armour. The "I'm going to beat the blatantly superior version of myself!" plot is a thing for most of Ash's Pokemon at some point or another, because main character status > evolution. Ash's Charizard would probably be all "Your Mega Evolution cannot harm me! My plot armour is like a shield of steel!" and, after losing spectacularly the first time, spend an episode doing some semi off-screen training (and maybe getting captured by Team Rocket) before winning with relative ease the second time.

...and now I kinda want to see that. xD

Wait , Your saying Ash's charizard should lose to Alain charizard 1st time and do special training to beat him the 2nd time.
    I don't like that !
    Ash's charizard did special training in Charific Valley So it should dominate all other Charizard that aren't from Charific Valley.
    Because Writer already establish Charific Valley Charizard are stronger then Man-trained charizard. That Why Charizard has to leave Ash.
    Not only that , Ash's charizard should be bigger then Alain's Charizard because Liza's charla was bigger then him during the 1st meeting But later it seem Ash's charizard grown as tall as Charla during the 2nd meeting.

pkmin3033

Wait , Your saying Ash's charizard should lose to Alain charizard 1st time and do special training to beat him the 2nd time.
    I don't like that !
    Ash's charizard did special training in Charific Valley So it should dominate all other Charizard that aren't from Charific Valley.
    Because Writer already establish Charific Valley Charizard are stronger then Man-trained charizard. That Why Charizard has to leave Ash.
    Not only that , Ash's charizard should be bigger then Alain's Charizard because Liza's charla was bigger then him during the 1st meeting But later it seem Ash's charizard grown as tall as Charla during the 2nd meeting.
    No, I'm saying that is probably what would happen if the two ever met, because the anime is painfully predictable and has used that mechanic dozens of times over the years to make people think that main character victories and development are earned and actually matter. xD

Not only that, it'd make more sense anyway, as Ash's Charizard has zero experience fighting Megas, and given the power boost Megas get, the whole "they're evenly matched!" thing they love to do when attacks collide probably wouldn't happen, as Megas are supposed to be stronger than regular Pokemon. If it stayed a Charizard, then it wouldn't make much sense for Ash's to lose the first time around, but you can bet that it'd go Mega the second the battle started...or maybe after a couple of random attacks to build up suspense.

I wouldn't go by size as a measure of strength, either...not only because the anime rarely does with any degree of consistency, but because size itself seems to vary wildly depending on the episode the Pokemon appears in! Size is horrendously inconsistent in the world of Pokemon. xD

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
  • One thing I outgrew was the practically soul crushing losses that people when they through in the anime...half of them never made much sense to me

Wicked3DS

Years
  • One thing I outgrew was the practically soul crushing losses that people when they through in the anime...half of them never made much sense to me

This. I watched some DP episodes and after he loses his first 6v6 match against Paul, Ash turns into the most depressed and mopey person I have ever seen, along with his Pokémon being in worse shape than necessary.

On the flip side, I really enjoyed Ash vs Drake in the Orange League Championship. That stands as my favorite anime battle ever.

Years
  • I really enjoyed Ash vs Drake in the Orange League Championship. That stands as my favorite anime battle ever.

Same! The older matches where far better (Granted, I didn't watch after the D/P/Plt series) You could actually get hyped over some of them far more than nowadays. I remember Dawn going through a ridiculous depression when she lost her contests and realized she'd never be as good as her mother

Years
  • Oh yes, Ash vs Drake was definitely a memorable fight, because it actually has a happy ending, unlike every single other league where they make him lose for some unexplained reason. It sucked watching Dawn come just short of winning the Grand Festival D:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I get the urge to go and watch some memorable anime moments...

And also to re-read some manga moments. Who is up for some 2015 manga caption contest? :)

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I started reading Pokémon Adventure Red Chapter a long time ago and I did enjoy it, but I've since not given it a look in quite a long time.

Back