• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Poll #22 - Favorite Region

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Pokémon General Poll #22 -Favorite Region

Pokémon General Poll #22 - Favorite Region

There's always that one region that would pull you back to it again and again. Its background fascinated you, whether for its history or its future, its weather or landscape or people. Maybe it had a ton of water, or none at all. Maybe it had an epic set of gym leaders, or great things to do outside of challenging gyms. Which region is your favorite and why?​

Have an idea for the Pokémon General poll? PM Toujours with it!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I absolutely adore Hoenn! <33

Besides from being the first region I encountered in the games, it also has the most wonderful places in my opinion. I mean, just look at Pacifidlog and Sootopolis! And the ever most amazing port city that I've ever encountered. It beats Vermillion, no arguments. And not to mention Tate and Liza. :3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • For me it's Sinnoh. Geographically speaking it has the all around package, it has a good amount of land mass and plenty of water area, mountains, forests, snowy area, marsh lands, plenty of good sized cities.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • Johto! I love GSC, I love Blackthorn City, and Johto generally has a nice historic Japanese feel.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Johto - partly nostalgia, partly because I just liked going back and fully exploring it all (say Union cave ending up linking to the Unown Chambers, and Ice Path remains my favourite cave system. And the town themes like Azelea, Goldenrod and Violet city! Favourite set after individual standouts like say Pyrite and Driftveil).

After that... Hoenn (despite all the water it was neat to explore what with the likes of Dive and volcanoes and so forth), Sinnoh and Unova (Unova I found a bit too linear for my liking, Sinnoh was alright but seemed to lack a bit for myself), and then Kanto (I guess seeing it so often has its toll, although I still think it all right). Orre is a place I would not like to go to but a desert region gone wrong is rather interesting imo, given it's a different take on a region compared to the others.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Pffftt.....Its Sinnoh for me for sure. Basically Its due to Nostalgia but I don't develop Nostalgia without significant reasons. So my Nostalgia is supported xD.

One reason I loved Sinnoh is because it looked....idk....I think the best word to describe it is "Modern".

I also adored the Pokemons there, especially since it combined all our previous Pokemons.
    Characters were amazing such as Dawn, Barry, Cynthia, Paul and so on.
    It include one of the most dangerous criminal organization...I mean C'mon , they managed to control gods!

Lets not forget that Sinnoh had a really good geographical Characteristic, regions such as snow, mountains, forests, beaches...basically what Kenshin5 said :P

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Kanto. The region where it all began and I like nearly all of the Pokemon in that region.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Hoenn. I remember disliking it because of the amount of water, but now it's mysterious and beautiful for me. I wish we could see what's on the unused islands, though.

Last edited:

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Johto, of course!

My favorite city themes are there, I like the map layout a lot, and all the references I can get. I'm okay with the habitat pokemon of any region, so that's why what wins me over is mapping content. Btw Hoenn has too much water for my taste.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    Hoenn

It's mainly my personal favourite mainly because of how it's geographical map is unlike that of any game before or after it in the games. It's both simplistic and challenging all at once, the pokemon introduced look really good and serve their respective purposes excellently and the legendaries are the best since the legendary beasts in G/S/C, they're not too overpowered yet not too weak and their respective typings and move pools are excellently worked.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • My favourite region would have to be Johto; on account of the cities there are veeery much different and very satisfying for me! My favourite place to go would have to be Olivine, just because I for one an a particlar fan of port cities. Call it a weakness~

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Thinking about it a little more, it's going to be Hoenn.

To me, it was the most enjoyable for me playing. But honestly, when thinking about it. The actual region would totally be the sort of place I'd like to live in. Mainly because of it's warm climate. But other than that, theres deserts, rainforests, volcanoes and underwater cities, what's not to like? But yeah, like I said before, it was the region I most enjoyed playing through.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Kanto had the best balance of water and land mass, as well as the best group of Gym Leaders and a good selection of wild Pokemon. Unova also ranks highly, not because of the bland Pokemon, but because of its more developed, urbanized setting complete with freeways (too bad you're still restricted to walking/biking and can't drive). Johto and Sinnoh are pretty good, nothing especially good or bad about them, but pleasant lands to explore. I do NOT like Hoenn. Way too much water, oddball city designs, and totally forgettable gym leaders and characters.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    Kanto, mainly because it was the first region I ever played in a Pokemon game and because I know and love nearly every single Pokemon there.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Hoenn for me of course. It's beautiful and very relaxed with, you know, kind of a harmony with nature. The Pokemon are unique and fun and the region has all sorts of interesting places in it~

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Hoenn for me. It's wide scenery and preserved nature amazes me. The music is very nostalgic (in my opinion anyway) because it lets you know that you're in Hoenn. Hoenn had a floating city, a treetop city and more. Hoenn's native Pokèmon are also good too.

Second would probably be Johto. It had the best gym leaders, the interesting history. Johto's music is also very nostalgic, especially the 8-bit ones.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Hoenn has always been my first choice region. Other than the fact that it was the first region I actually traveled through, I favored it above the rest for its diversity in cities and towns. Compared to other regions, I felt like Hoenn stood out in that category. The map layout was also a personal favorite of mine, because while it was winding, it was simple. My last reason as to why I favor Hoenn the most would be because of its nostalgic factor for me personally.

After Hoenn, I'd probably say the rest of regions, from second favorite to least, would be ordered as such: Sinnoh, Johto, Unova, Kanto.

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    Hoenn has houses on water, houses on trees, lots of beaches, it's the furthest south region, so it's warm and sunny, what's not to like?
    Hoenn is so going to win this.

Back