• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Poll #28 - Favorite Grass Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

To round out the starter triangle, we have Grass. Never forgotten as a symbol of nature and how beautiful it is, Grass is the typing chosen by Aroma Ladies and the gentler among us. Regardless, there are still some fierce competitors in there that would Razor Leaf you if you even dared to call them gentle! So, which one is your favorite and why?​

Have an idea for the Pokémon General poll? PM Toujours with it!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    SNIVY AND COMPANY!

The Snivy family really caught me. I mean, grass snakes! Or I think Serperior's a snake. It looks like it. And more than that, they have some of the most amazing designs. That, and Snivy with a coat looks classy. :3

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    my Favorite Grass Pokémon are snivy( and company),Cherubi,Lilligant,Turtwig, Brelloom and Whimsicott

Last edited:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years

I think I prefer this guy most of all. I mean, c'mon, he's just begging for your love! And don't forget Spore. Love Spore. @_@

Spore as well, and I love battling with this sneaky little rascal. :D I also quite like its design, I mean check that hat. ^^

It is a cute white leafy hedgehog. Honestly I can't at all comprehend why I would need more reason than that.

It's also cute, and I like using the Gracidea on it and it's pretty good in battle. And let's not forget Seed Flare, I love that move. ^^

EDIT: Oh gosh I wanted to put Pansage and Simisage here but too late. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    Some Grass-types have strategies so good they might earn a slot on my team.

Here's the Grass Pokemon I really like.

Roserade - My fave Pokemon of this type. I loved Roselia in Gen III so I was excited to learn that she had an evolution, she has great Special Attack plus Natural Cure means she cures herself when she switches out.

Breloom - Loved using this mushroom with a humanoid body, despite the double weakness to Flying I ended up with one having a Rock-type Hidden Power. Breloom will always find a slot on my team at some point. And its Poison Heal rocks too.

Lilligant - She's one feisty, girly plant! With a Quiver Dance, Petal Dance and Teeter Dance combo with Own Tempo, she's a force to be reckoned with!

Whimsicott - Soooo cute, loved using her. Get one with Prankster, equip status moves on it and it will always go before its opponent. Loved her!

Simisage - It's a green monkey with plant features, I love monkeys so I was excited to see it along with Simipour and Simisear. I tried it out and it might help me sometime, plus cool design too!

Snivy - This Unova Starter was so overrated for its femininity in the anime, she can be a wrecking ball with Contrary (not officially released). Snivy's evos (Servine and Serperior) are very well designed too.

Cherrim - Cute with added power in Sunshine.

Vileplume and Bellossom - Final evos of Oddish, both pack Chlorophyll and they pair well.

Sawsbuck - I love how it changes with the seasons, I tried one in Black and it kicked ass with Horn Leech, Return and Megahorn.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Cradilly all day every day, my favorite grass type by far. Whimsicott is pretty awesome too mostly because it's so efficient and it's adorable.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Torterra and Ferrothorn. The former has a cool design, with a tree and mountains on its back and the latter has high defenses and a good enough move pool and typing to succeed.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Snivy is my favorite grass type, but back before when B/W wasn't released yet, Meganium's my favorite grass type Pokemon together with Shaymin and Cherubi. :'D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Grass is one of my least-used types, so I'm just gonna name the two I've actually had experience using - Bellossom in Sapphire/Emerald (she was especially helpful versus the swimmers on the water routes, though not so much against Tentacool, and she could usually Petal Dance the opposition to death before getting confused) and Exeggutor in Blue and Leaf Green (myriad of weaknesses aside, it DESTROYED things with Psychic).

Bellossom is a rare breed... a cute Pokemon that's also a final stage one with powerful stats.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    - It surprises me to no end that no one has said this. Just... wow... Leaf Blade now and until the end of time.

- About a billion resistances, and very high defenses is awesome. Not that good design-wise though.

Mainly for spore, mach punch, and the fact that i love fighting types. plus shroomish is found early in R/S. I can't wait for DW technician.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'm really not a fan of Grass critters, to be honest. Outside of my favourite - Cradily - and Whimsicott, I'm not sure if I've even used one in a team. That being said, Cradily is all kinds of awesome, but that's mainly because of how un-Grass-like it is. It looks kooky (other people might say fugly, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree straight away), it's hella slow, its stats aren't great... and yet I love it all the same. Its typing is very interesting, and its movepool is kinda good... and that's all I really ask for in a way. So: Cradily FTW!

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Favorite Grass-types? Let's see...

Sceptile is at the top of this list, as it's stats are suited to my way of play, & I've been using it since R/S/E.

Sky form Shaymin is also really nice, but it's a shame that I can't use it in that form indefinitely...

Cradily with its DW ability is a water-types worst nightmare.

Lastly, the Serperior line is at least halfway decent, but I can't get over its funky stats.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
    Ivysaur holds the place in my heart for Grass-types. Sure, it's not the most powerful Grass/Poison type, since it does still have a second evolution to go through, but I certainly prefer the design to the overly muscular Venusaur and its rather cartoon-like pre-evolution.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Bellossom!

Loved that thing since I decided to pop one into my team on Silver. One of my top three favorite Pokemon, and thus my favorite Grass type of 'em all. I also like Bulbasaur, Roserade, Cherrim, Shaymin, Doredia, Whimsicott and Torterra, mmmhm!

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    I like the Oddish family, because they're classic and the poison-grass combo works very well. Also, Ferroseed is a way cool concept, although it's double weakness to fire turns me off a bit. And finally, I find the grass-type starters to be consistently the best-designed of the bunch.

Years

Tangrowth is so, to use a word someone mentioned, kooky. I love how it looks big and soft and a little simple. And that little hip dance - oh! so amusing. Shake that thang!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back