• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

saison

Black Knight of Dusk
Years
  • Alright, I've been playing it and I started with Trapinch. Now, I'm just leaving Latim City, but whenever I fight the Rival to see his 'Never before seen Pkmn' the battle music starts, and the battle intro animation starts (the Pokeballs flying across the screen). And then once the intro ends it will just stay a black screen with the battle music going off.

Any idea why?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Alright, I've been playing it and I started with Trapinch. Now, I'm just leaving Latim City, but whenever I fight the Rival to see his 'Never before seen Pkmn' the battle music starts, and the battle intro animation starts (the Pokeballs flying across the screen). And then once the intro ends it will just stay a black screen with the battle music going off.
    Man this question has already been answered :) Just at the this page's posts :)
    Use space bar to quick the game and after 45 sec battle will continue or check previous page and check what I did

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    The OW sprites for the gym leaders are done (all but the last). They were made by 44tim44.

Ivy:
    Spoiler:

Mike:
    Spoiler:

Gavin:
    Spoiler:

Sasha:
    Spoiler:

Nate:
    Spoiler:

Fiona:
    Spoiler:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Haha wow i remember looking at this hack a while ago.
    I really like how ur progessing! ^^
    Haha and good ol' Esmas is still around? :P
    Yes. :P

Sorry, Thrace, but I really dislike the overworlds of the Gym Leaders. Ivy looks sort of fine, but she looks like one of those PokéMart shopkeepers. Mike looks... well... you should understand that it looks EXACTLY like Gary with purple hair. Gavin looks like Koga with Lord Cyrus' hair. Sasha looks like a female NPC with a Marley touch. Nate has incorrect outlining. Fiona is incorrectly sized.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Yes. :P

Sorry, Thrace, but I really dislike the overworlds of the Gym Leaders. Ivy looks sort of fine, but she looks like one of those PokéMart shopkeepers. Mike looks... well... you should understand that it looks EXACTLY like Gary with purple hair. Gavin looks like Koga with Lord Cyrus' hair. Sasha looks like a female NPC with a Marley touch. Nate has incorrect outlining. Fiona is incorrectly sized.
    It's never fun to hear that people dislike your work, but thank you
    for the critizicsm.
    And I understand what you mean, but what do you propose I do to improve
    the sprites?

Also, Thrace, could you edit or post a new reply with both OW's and battle sprites,
    cause I did my best with these sprites, to make them look alike the battle sprites.
    Vesper, if you are able to see the OW's next to the sprites, I hope you reconsider some
    of you're critque.

(BTW 1st: Nate's "black outlined" head, is an error by me, cause I use black outlines
    in my own OW sprites, and have gotten used to do it.
    2nd: xD, Vesper "you should understand that the battle sprite too looks almost EXACTLY like Gary with purple/blue hair"
    3nd: @ Thrace again: I think you used the wrong OW pallette for mike, since he's
    supposed to be light plue haired, not purple, right? xD)

//44tim44

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Yeah, sorry if I was a little harsh.

If you want to improve on the overworld sprites, I'd just say for you to make them more unique. Because if you've noticed every Gym Leader, they look nothing like regular NPCs, and therefore they look fine, but yours don't look so unique and I can easily notice the similarities.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Yeah, sorry if I was a little harsh.

If you want to improve on the overworld sprites, I'd just say for you to make them more unique. Because if you've noticed every Gym Leader, they look nothing like regular NPCs, and therefore they look fine, but yours don't look so unique and I can easily notice the similarities.

Yeah, maybe you're right, but it's hard to make a "unique" sprite for mike, since he have gary's hair style, xD

But, I've tried to improve the sprites on the aspects you pointed out before,
    so I'll soon send 'em to Thrace, and update them if he wants to.
    Then maybe you'll like 'em more, xD

Anyway, it's okay if you're harsh, I always want get better at spriting, and that's the best
    way to realize what you need to improve.
    I actually appreciate your harshness, xD

//44tim44

mattdaninja

Problem, Officer?
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2013
    Hey everbody, when I try to fight my rival in Temshore City, his Bronzor uses an attack that is just an accented "u". Then once he uses it the game freezes!

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Yeah, maybe you're right, but it's hard to make a "unique" sprite for mike, since he have gary's hair style, xD

But, I've tried to improve the sprites on the aspects you pointed out before,
    so I'll soon send 'em to Thrace, and update them if he wants to.
    Then maybe you'll like 'em more, xD

Anyway, it's okay if you're harsh, I always want get better at spriting, and that's the best
    way to realize what you need to improve.
    I actually appreciate your harshness, xD

//44tim44
    Haha, alright. It's nice that you want to improve :)

Well... I don't like Mike's battle sprite in the first place. It's extremely unoriginal. I don't understand why the spriter (Mike) changed the rest of the body and not the hair, when it's quite an easy aspect of a sprite to change.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    hey when i play my pokemon gensis, for some reason, as i leave the town with the large library, and go to vs my ingame competitor whose name you chose at th baginning, right after spekaing to him my game freezes!
    im rly rly rly super uber duper anoyed coz i worked so hard to get my party pokemon up to lv 40 so it wud be an absolute breeze haha
    so yer any sugesting? if not could are these some cheats that could give me rare candies or sumthing?
    because if i ave to start a new game, i rly cbb to have to train them up again :(
    but yer any ways you made a great game and i thouroughly enjoy it (except when it freezes....grrrr which has happened to me about 5 times now, but ive just learned to save my game evry 5 minutes haha)
    please PLEASE if any one knows what i can do, please give me the answer :)

WAIT - but how do you download the game? im using an emulator.....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    When trying to start the game, everything is fine until the introduction to the HELP system. When trying to hit A to continue, nothing happens, and none of the other buttons work. Is there anything I can to do fix it?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • When trying to start the game, everything is fine until the introduction to the HELP system. When trying to hit A to continue, nothing happens, and none of the other buttons work. Is there anything I can to do fix it?

Press Z on the Keyboard, not A.

Hey everbody, when I try to fight my rival in Temshore City, his Bronzor uses an attack that is just an accented "u". Then once he uses it the game freezes!

Nope, I haven't. BTW, I love the Gym Leader OW's. I don't really find problems with it except for Mike's OW.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2010
    hey hiiiii i hav played this game and defeated nate the gymleader then what to do ahead????

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • When trying to start the game, everything is fine until the introduction to the HELP system. When trying to hit A to continue, nothing happens, and none of the other buttons work. Is there anything I can to do fix it?
    Configure the buttons for your joypad. In VisualBoyAdvance, go to Options --> Joypad --> Configure --> 1... and change the keys to whichever buttons that you prefer.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2021

I just got the same glitch. "Foe BRONZOR used û!" And it froze.

Back