• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.1 05/25/2023 - Version 2.7.2 Coming late April 2024]

Do you agree the project to be rebooted using the Skeli's Complete Fire Red Upgrade?

• Yes. Do it!

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • Nah. Don't waste your time on this

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years

YHu4hwE.png

wQtGemR.png

About the Project

Hello everyone, I'm Overlord Kaktus/Gold/Ruki Studios. Probably you remember me for other projects like Pokémon Ragnarök (Or maybe not hahaha). I'm a Spanish-speaker romhacker and a former GBC romhacker (from 2010 to May 2014). This time I'll show to you guys an old project that I decided to restart, and I really hopw this project would be finished.

This project was started around late 2010. At that moment the project was only an "idea" that was stopped in 2015, but now it was redone from scratch.

The project is highly inspirated in the Chaos Rush's hack "Pokemon Dark Violet". in other words, this hack is also a "reboot" (Or try to be) of Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal, making many of the events from scratch and showing a new storyline keeping the escence of the original story, with a heavy inspiration of the original HGSS remakes and some concepts seen only in Polished Crystal.

Keep in your mind, this isn't a remake like Liquid Crystal, CrystalDust or ShinyGold. This intends to be a reboot from Pokemon Gold and Silver, using some ideas from Pokémon Crystal and HGSS, making a unique and unseen story of Johto.

Storyline

I have no idea how to describe the main plot and storyline since many events are essentialy the same form HGSS/GSC, so we can at least assue the plot may remain the same (Tbh is not the same, but at least you may get a surprise by playing the game.

What is New?

Proudly powered by the Complete Fire Red Upgrade
  • A renewed storyline, keeping the escence of the original games.
  • New events never seen before in any GSC remake.
  • Maps based off HGSS ones.
  • Introducing the Mega Evolution mechanics in the main storyline + Z Moves during the Kanto Post game (Maybe Dynamax/Gigamax, idk).
  • RZE tile system.
  • Day and Night system and day/time-based events.
  • Wild Pokémon switching depending on the time.
  • Original soundtrack ripped from HGSS (Initially used GogojjTech's low quality music, but I decided to rip them by myself with a way better quality).
  • Phisycal/Special split moves.
  • New Regional Pokedex including 494 Pokémon fron first 4 gens + Sylveon.
  • Introducing the PokéRides, Items that replace the outdated HM mechanics.
  • All new Gen 4-8 Moves included, a few custom moves are included.
  • Type chart updated.
  • New puzzles for some areas.
  • Plenty of updated graphics (like Battle backgrounds, bag, Trainer card, almost everything.)
  • Most trainers use different rosters from original HGSS/GSC to match new Pokedex
  • New locations in Johto and Kanto.
  • Updated battle mechanics to match gen 8
  • New locations for some Pokémon.
  • IN-battle trainer messages.
  • An almost working PokéGear.
  • Exp. Share and exp. Gain identical to Gen 8 (Item is disabled by default, easy to enable)
  • Mechanics, items and more almost updated to match Gen 8.
  • Daily Wondertrade with in-game trainers.
  • Move tutors on every PC.
  • And even more...

Scans and Gallery

mTBGBZh.png
v3zfDIR.png
0tECdIU.png
vtGbbvl.png[
tw6bQwO.png
1XWEmV7.png
XkfgHEp.png
69RSaO1.png
GuGQOQm.png
t59dNPS.png
3dL7zXf.png
IxYuuwm.png
EtQy2hI.png
17kz2CV.png
QHVzGos.png
lVUpIvQ.png
PE4AZBe.png
wMzNyNt.png
IvLFWd5.png
vpswwYJ.png
idrGOwU.png
AVvkeux.png
9HkFG5x.png
6lAvy5s.png
lQRsYzX.png
RE1Kpg5.png
2epFy7F.png
6Y5HKnf.png
9ASWTOT.gif
WMJQAen.png
AieNBBB.png
zggRf0E.png
Rd8RJJx.png
nLMj4ol.png
jEYcxsA.png
1ElEfYz.png
a8fwVSL.png
3CQl597.png
1Ok2dc0.png
gxcueWG.png
ruK836c.png
AhkHrCX.png
vx5sayQ.png
FWlhNO1.png

Credits

Tiles:
- Redzb1, Dsaster, 874521, CnickC, Newtiteuf, Alucus, Dewitty, epicday, WesleyFG, 1158, Kyledove, Anonyboy, Scarex, Chaos Rush, Pokemon-Diamond, BoomxBig, Warpras, Lost Three, Zaux.

Sprites:
- Tsuka, Hollowroxas, 874521, SirPeaches, flamejow, skarow, Tomycase, The 64x64 DS sprite resource, Luna, PK Rockin'!, Jo7a, robeyi, FYTYno1

Engine:
- Skeli, Ghoulslash, Soupercell, GoGoJJtech, Shiny Quagsire, Jambo51, JPAN, FBI, Knizz, Jiangzhengwenjz, Againsts, Andrea, Compumax, Kimonas, Zeturic, ipatix, Uncommon, Samu, Shippo, Turambar, Spherical Ice, eMMe97, PC's community romhack.

Other Resources:
- jNathan, Professor Village, Sierraffinity, Zaux, Karatekid552, Chaos Rush, Nisarg, Luna, Delta231, AO Project, Robeyi, Kamina, VentZX, Foxz, El DIabetuus.

* If I forgot to mention somebody, please let me know by PM or VM.

Progress

*Progress updated up to 07/11/2019 road to Beta 3
  • Maps: 0%
  • Tiles: 0%
  • Scripts: 0%
  • Sprites and Overworlds: 85%
  • Other graphics: 100%

Known Bugs

• The game may crash at times when used in certain emulators, which are known to not be 100% accurate with emulation. These emulators are No$GBA, VBA, MyBoy, JohnGBA, GPemu, Eclip´se, and sadly the virtual console of Nintendo 3DS. It is uncertain if I will ever be able to fix that. Recommended emulators are mGBA, VBA-M, RetroArch, Delta emulator, PizzaBoy GBA and GPSP.
  • Fast forward speed is kinda laggy because of the High quality music mixer using plenty of memory to run. (But we got high quality music, yay!).
  • When using a Poké Ride, the picture of the Pokémon and the cry will be empty/question mark. This is due to it's pending to find a fix for an issue caused by overwritting a Pokémon of your party to show a different Pokemon's picture. Visual bug and will not affect any Pokémon from your party.
  • Some overworld tiles and blocks may not be correct. Minor issues to be resolved.

F.A.Q.

1. Whatever happened to your old hackroms? (Ragnarök)
I have no more ideas and inspiration to continue that hackrom. It's not cancelled at all, but I have no plans to continue with it right now.

2. Is this hack a remake of GSC like ShinyGold, Liquid Crystal or GoldenSun?
Heck no! This hack is a reboot, the same objetive but different storyline and scripts. The story is a mashup of the concepts of Pokemon Gold, Crystal, Heart Gold and personal concepts.

3. Will this hackrom have more than one rival (Silver)?
Yes, I can only confirm another rival now, your gender counterpart is another rival.

4. Why did you choose this style for the female player?
It's based on this old artwork (I have no idea at this time who the artist is. The artwork was taken from a fake leak from HGSS around 2009)
5. Do you have plans to put Kanto and more regions?
Kanto is confirmed. A Johto story without Kanto is incomplete, lol, and nope, I have no plans to put more regions, only Johto and Kanto

Tools Used

• Complete Fire Red Upgrade and Dynamic Pokémon Expansion
  • Advance Map 1.95 and 1.92
  • Gen3Tools
  • OWM
  • Hex Maniac
  • APE
  • FSF
  • GBA Graphics Editor
  • HxD
  • XSE
  • Tilemap Creator
  • NSE
  • Hackmew's THUMB assembler

Downloads Center

Beta 2.7.1 - May 25th, 2023 - .bps patch (2.7.2 Coming Soon)

In this beta you can earn 8 badges and challenge the Pokémon league. You can also rematch the Johto Gym Leaders and get title defense battles once you beat the Pokémon League.

Bug Fixes and Changelog

Awards From Somewhere else, lmao

TdmOoUC.png

Special Thanks

• Skeli: How could I forget the creator of the amazing CFRU? In addition to the amazing job made for the engine, I truly appreciate also the feedback Skeli provided to me about the testing build (So sad it was an early testing build leaked with several bugs)
  • BarleyOats: Amazing partner who helped me with my server, balancing Pokémon stats and changing the distribution of wild Pokémon encounters.
  • Anonyboy: A really good guy who collaborated years ago with some tile animations.
  • Compumax: He made the outstanding intro cutscene that you see when boot up the game.
  • ThamTvMaster: The main beta tester and the person who reported most of the bugs not fixed yet at that time.
  • James MC, Xan, Stonyterrace and BlackStarRegime: Main beta testers of Beta 2.5
  • Soupercell: For sharing part of the code used for the amazing Radical Red.
  • Lomeo, TheDooWaddle, Jubz, antPL: Beta testing for beta 2.7
  • All members of my Discord server for testing beta 2.5

Last edited:

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Well you've finally posted it. good luck man!! Even thought in my opinion this will all look much better with 4th gen styled OW's.

Years
Oh, wow, it looks excellent! Too bad Ice Silver was cancelled, but otherwise, it looks good!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
I could make a userbar and banner, if you want. Just need to know what kinda you want on them.

Unbalanced

Divine
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
damn thats too bad that ice silver got canceled i didnt even had the chance to try the demo on my phone since it froze :(
Your hacks look amazing i love how you change everything in your hacks even the title screens and your tiles look cool but im sad that you keep cancel your hacks

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
You look like a decent hacker and seem to know what you're doing, my only problem with you however is that you keep releasing all these project threads for hacks and you haven't actually finished any of them yet, I think you try focusing more on one hack at a time instead of trying to complete 3 because it seems like we'll be waiting a long time for them. It's rare to see some hacks become anything more than just a project and most end up breaking down and fizzling away never to be seen again and with your skills I don't want to see that happen. I know you said that you're only working on 2 now because of cancelling Ice Silver for the GBA but I think instead of just quitting because of the demo failing you should have stook with it got some help and released a full hack, I probably would have played it regardless of speaking no spanish just because it looked so good.

I am getting a little annoyed at seeing so many progressing hacks and then most either are canceled or never see a finished product. It's getting boring playing the same hacks over and over it's time for some new blood.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
You look like a decent hacker and seem to know what you're doing, my only problem with you however is that you keep releasing all these project threads for hacks and you haven't actually finished any of them yet, I think you try focusing more on one hack at a time instead of trying to complete 3 because it seems like we'll be waiting a long time for them. It's rare to see some hacks become anything more than just a project and most end up breaking down and fizzling away never to be seen again and with your skills I don't want to see that happen. I know you said that you're only working on 2 now because of cancelling Ice Silver for the GBA but I think instead of just quitting because of the demo failing you should have stook with it got some help and released a full hack, I probably would have played it regardless of speaking no spanish just because it looked so good.

I am getting a little annoyed at seeing so many progressing hacks and then most either are canceled or never see a finished product. It's getting boring playing the same hacks over and over it's time for some new blood.

Well im not -G0LD! But when i saw this comment i had to respond. I've had the same feeling as yours before i started hacking but you have to understand the boatload of work hackers do... And the conditions they are facing. Plus, we have a life outside of PC and we can't work on a romhack all day... I'm sorry if you got nothing to play. Do some challenges it might be fun..

Years
Well im not -G0LD! But when i saw this comment i had to respond. I've had the same feeling as yours before i started hacking but you have to understand the boatload of work hackers do... And the conditions they are facing. Plus, we have a life outside of PC and we can't work on a romhack all day... I'm sorry if you got nothing to play. Do some challenges it might be fun..

Actually Lost Christmas is not trying to say that he Wants, Gold to Keep Working On the Hack All day,I think You misunderstand

Dr. Seuss

Years
Thanks to all for the replies ^^

To be honest Pokemon BnW are now developed by my sister, is the reason of your not see an update, I'm also annoyed of not have a playable and decent beta, is because I'm working very hard only in this hack (and work on a secret rombase since september and recently work on kill 10 times per day the Nex's hack trying to insert a indoor battle BG (?))
------
Now I'm working on the maps, in this moment I'm mapping the route 30
pokemon-gs-chronicles-1418480648688-1176780.png
pokemon-gs-chronicles-1418480661126-1176777.png
pokemon-gs-chronicles-1418480692547-1176775.png
pokemon-gs-chronicles-1418480705589-1176773.png
pokemon-gs-chronicles-1418480719324-1176771.png

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
So.. No more regions than Kanto and Johto also means "No Pokemons from Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos", right? ;_; ...
Anyway, the hack looks pretty nice, the only things i don't really like too much are the TextBox and the HP Boxes at battle.
Waiting to see more updates <3

Cya~

Dr. Seuss

Years
So.. No more regions than Kanto and Johto also means "No Pokemons from Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos", right? ;_; ...
Anyway, the hack looks pretty nice, the only things i don't really like too much are the TextBox and the HP Boxes at battle.
Waiting to see more updates <3

Cya~

Recuerda que tambien trabajo en Pokemon Black 'n White, osea Unova, aunque mi hermana es quien esta más en eso que yo.
----------------
In other news,
Update

I'm working on the maps and a other graphics, and I presents to all my Worldmap ripped from Pokemon HGSS.

pokemon-gs-chronicles-1418623342381-1178712.png

And all the new battle BG are inserted now, watch it!
pokemon-gs-chronicles-1418182745416-1173798.png

Tall Grass
pokemon-gs-chronicles-1418568274679-1178716.png

Field
pokemon-gs-chronicles2-1178719.png

Sea and Pond
pokemon-gs-chronicles3-1178720.png

Sand
pokemon-gs-chronicles4-1178721.png

Cave
pokemon-gs-chronicles1-1178717.png

Indoor

All ripped from HGSS, credits to me for the backgrounds (yup, I make all the Battle BG and the HP box)

Give a reply c:

Last edited:
Years
This seems excellent! Really looks like Pokemon GS now! :]
Nice work with the title screen, world map, and battle background!

Back