• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Jupiter Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
  • Also, is Moloch catchable without a Master Ball? I keep freezing the game state right before using a great ball, and if it doesn't work, I unfreeze it and try again, over and over again, and the closest I've gotten to catching him is ONE three shakes of the pokeball.

Yep, if the Ball Shakes, then it's catchable without a Master Ball.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    K. It's just that I thought it might have been possible for it to be programed so that it only shakes up to three times.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • K. It's just that I thought it might have been possible for it to be programed so that it only shakes up to three times.

If it's programmed to not having the Player to catch it at any chance, then the Pokeball won't shake at all. If you've played DJG's RoL, you would know that Dark Lugia is only catchable with Master Balls because when you try to catch it with any other ball it doesn't shake at all.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I really do wonder where the Great Ball glitch comes from. It's been reported numerous times and I've never run into it in testing.

In other news, production of the product will be greatly slowed. A epic grounding is quite a hindrance for pushing the project forward, but I'll do what I can.

lizardman974

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Sorry about the grounding, dude :(

Wait a second. You mean that the reason Moloch is so difficult for me to catch is because I'm using a Great Ball?

lizardman974

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Where's the first place that I can get an Ultra Ball? I don't want to jump over the ledge in front of Moloch, because I don't know how I'll get back so I can catch him! Is there maybe a hidden one?

Pocchama01

Dark and Psychic Type Trainer
    Years
  • Where's the first place that I can get an Ultra Ball? I don't want to jump over the ledge in front of Moloch, because I don't know how I'll get back so I can catch him! Is there maybe a hidden one?
    If you have a Hamstooth then you can just battle until it picks up an ultra ball.

lizardman974

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Awww. I don't have one, and I don't have any space in my party. Also, I can't go back to the city because I jumped the ledge separating it and Moloch. Also, I do have that one fakemon (don't remember the name) that has the synchronize ability, so maybe if I battle a Hamsooth, which gives the fakemon the pickup ability, I'll find one! But it'll be harder than usual, even though it's my only choice right now.

Pocchama01

Dark and Psychic Type Trainer
    Years
  • Why cant you just go to a town, make room for a hamstooth, catch one, get an ultra ball, and then come back a little later for moloch?

lizardman974

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Because the setup doesn't allow it. It's like this.

XXXXXXXXX------------XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXX#######XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXX#######XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XM###########***************X
    X############***************X
    X############***************X
    X############XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    X########XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    X########XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    X--------------XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

KEY:
    X = wall
    ----- = ledge
    # = open area
    * = grass
    M = Moloch

lizardman974

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Really? I thought once you jump the ledge to the cave, the only way back was to use fly! Will Moloch stay there as long as I don't battle him?

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Question:Why is the main character Ivan from Golden Sun?
    3. Because it's called Pokemon "Jupiter" Version, and Ivan is a Jupiter Adept.
    4. It's Wind (Jupiter) themed as well, with purple everywhere, the main antagonist, ect.
    5. Ivan is so full of win.

I'll investigate Moloch when I have the time. Remember, I can't use my computer most of the time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2009
    progressed so much since i last visited btw where does the patch go up to...?

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Pretty much to the Elite 4.

As Posted from Golden Sun Realm:
    Would you mind if double battles were only done with one person rather than the normal two? I mean, there's a lot of times that I wondered why most enemies in Pokemon require two people to battle two on two, but you only have one (most of the time). There is that visual clue with the two people standing together, but I'm thinking about making a single class that has double battles with a unique overworld sprite (like the Magician).

This would free up the Bro and Sis, Twins, Mythbusters (by themselves they're still be around though :3), Sr. and Jr and Couple trainer classes, allowing 5 more sprites to be inserted. I still have some Aqua/Magma guys to fill up as well (since Republican/Democrats share the Gentleman sprite) so that might be able to bring it up to about 10. I could also remove a few classes that are pretty rare in the game, like Pokemaniac (with only 4 trainers) and fill up a few more slots, but I doubt I'll get much more than 10.This means that I'll have to be selective in who goes into the summit.
    The GSR summit is a collection of people similar to the Battle Tower. I have the script set up as well as the characters but the problem of sprites still remains. I'm just posting this to see whether you people would mind me trimming the classes like this.

Last edited:

MK

i hate playing demo hacks
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    the story sounds interesting, i always
    see a difference between fire red and ruby
    hacks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back