• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
Hi, does anyone know where the orange island battle theme and the rocket battle theme are saved at? I tried to check one by one with sappy but I didn't find nothing.

LaZ repointed the song table like 5 times. I started a sappy.xml for it a while ago, but it isn't finished yet. I'll post it here when I manage to get everything documented.

I was working right now on Mother 3 ? the Sappy table goes to the 1500s, but a lot of the slots are empty. There are over 250 different songs, and since there are the "remixes that are slightly different just to throw you off", it is really difficult to identify them. It also doesn't help that unlike Pok?mon which has a decently organized Sappy table, M3 just throws songs anywhere.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
LaZ repointed the song table like 5 times. I started a sappy.xml for it a while ago, but it isn't finished yet. I'll post it here when I manage to get everything documented.

I was working right now on Mother 3 ? the Sappy table goes to the 1500s, but a lot of the slots are empty. There are over 250 different songs, and since there are the "remixes that are slightly different just to throw you off", it is really difficult to identify them. It also doesn't help that unlike Pok?mon which has a decently organized Sappy table, M3 just throws songs anywhere.

True when I opened Sappy, some songs had like the 'wrong' title. And I also found some songs when I searched through all the 250 songs/sounds. Was a bit confusing, but well I hope I can find a file for the Team Rocket Battle theme and Orange Island Battle theme and import them to my own private hack. Would be awesome.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 5, 2017
Why hasn't this thread been locked yet? Isn't there a rule where a project is considered dead when a creator stops updating? Liquid Crystal is just as dead as Shiny Gold. Close the thread already, it's just pollution at this point.

This game was updated last time in september 2016, 6 months is not an extremely long time so stop being salty for no good reason because YOU are polluting this thread.

Years
True when I opened Sappy, some songs had like the 'wrong' title. And I also found some songs when I searched through all the 250 songs/sounds. Was a bit confusing, but well I hope I can find a file for the Team Rocket Battle theme and Orange Island Battle theme and import them to my own private hack. Would be awesome.

Okay, I think I have most of it.

Download sappylc.xml and copy it to your Sappy directory (where sappy.exe and sappy.xml are). Do not rename it to sappy.xml or overwrite the original, you will hate yourself for that.

Now, open Sappy (don't open the ROM yet) and go to Options > Settings.

Under the Playback section, next to ROM database, change it to sappylc.xml. Make sure to change this back to sappy.xml if you are going to open any other ROM.

Now, in Extra, set the slider on DirectSound voices limit to 12, then press OK. Like most modern ROM hacks with custom music, Liquid Crystal uses the tweak to increase the limit of "real" instruments from 5 to 12, allowing for richer, more complex music with less chiptune. Also, another bonus is that the drums are less likely to disappear when you use Surf. :P

Then, open up Liquid Crystal and enjoy.

NOTE: For some strange reason, the Pokémon Center music crashes Sappy if you try to play it. So don't. I made note of this.

Additionally, LaZ and friends changed the soundfonts/voice tables, so if you want to have accurate sounding music in a MIDI editor, you have to use gba_mus_riper again. Just try not to get them mixed up like I did. :/

@ICameHereForHacks - According to your username, you came here for hacks. Well, that's funny, because I came here for hax. Gotta love those crits. :D

Attachments

• sappylc.xml
    31.8 KB · Views: 24
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
Okay, I think I have most of it.

Download sappylc.xml and copy it to your Sappy directory (where sappy.exe and sappy.xml are). Do not rename it to sappy.xml or overwrite the original, you will hate yourself for that.

Now, open Sappy (don't open the ROM yet) and go to Options > Settings.

Under the Playback section, next to ROM database, change it to sappylc.xml. Make sure to change this back to sappy.xml if you are going to open any other ROM.

Now, in Extra, set the slider on DirectSound voices limit to 12, then press OK. Like most modern ROM hacks with custom music, Liquid Crystal uses the tweak to increase the limit of "real" instruments from 5 to 12, allowing for richer, more complex music with less chiptune. Also, another bonus is that the drums are less likely to disappear when you use Surf. :P

Then, open up Liquid Crystal and enjoy.

NOTE: For some strange reason, the Pok?mon Center music crashes Sappy if you try to play it. So don't. I made note of this.

Additionally, LaZ and friends changed the soundfonts/voice tables, so if you want to have accurate sounding music in a MIDI editor, you have to use gba_mus_riper again. Just try not to get them mixed up like I did. :/

@ICameHereForHacks - According to your username, you came here for hacks. Well, that's funny, because I came here for hax. Gotta love those crits. :D

Wow thanks a lot man! Very much appreciated (Y)! :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 25, 2017
EntHi LaZ,this hack is amazing,it remind me of my childhood while bringing a little extra to it! i've worked so far with the 511. might as well patch the 512. soon,saw some glitches that often were funny(sometimes not haha)managed to beat the e4 three times because i've pass through the emulator phase not saving in game,this forum as been really helpul all along the problems thanks to all of you!! I now have a little problem regardless Raikou,my Suicine is trained to level 50 and to catch Raikou with a repel they showed that you have to just be slightly over the +40 to appear,he didn't seems to appear to me while others were thrown in my face,will he or it will be for another re-run? Anyway hope you bring back the end of this piece of work !!i'm not yet through the orange islands,(like to take my time re battling the gym leaders :P)but this game y'all made is incredible,i've devour each seconds spent on it

Hey everyone! I'm currently trying to get the sapphire outta the undersea dungeon and instead i'm offered a red scarf.Does it mean i'll never get it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Anyone have a download link? the current one is broken...
The download link works fine for me. Just verify that it's the latest according to the build history. If I remember correctly, the build number is displayed in the intro screen.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 23, 2020
This looks awesome, can't wait to play! Just so I know, are trade evolutions altered?

Years
I would like people's opinions on a few previews of my remixes/repairs/rebalances of the soundtrack.

Aside from Vs. Champion which I want you to listen to at a normal volume, I recommend using a lower volume as some of these aren't the correct volume; some notes will be loud.

Vs. Champion (a.k.a. Vs. Three Inappropriately Loud Guitars)
Spoiler:
Ecruteak/Cianwood City
Spoiler:

The following added-in cross-referencing rival themes all had a lot of issues. I am going to pretend that I didn't notice that they were just unoptimized-for-the-GBA MIDIs downloaded from random parts of the Internet and assigned arbitrary instruments.

Unified issues between them:
Spoiler:
Vs. That F***ing Umbreon err…Vs. Zane (a.k.a. Take Up The Cross from Tales of Phantasia)
Spoiler:
Vs. LaZ and Zeikku (a.k.a. Battle 2 from Final Fantasy Adventure)
Spoiler:
Vs. Axel (a.k.a. 13th Struggle from Kingdom Hearts II)
Spoiler:

What do you all think? Any suggestions?

If you like them in general, feel free to click that Furret below that looks exactly like this:
furretwhyuhavethumb.gif
(by the way, the filename for the image is furretwhyuhavethumb.gif. XD)

Edit: I guess I should spoiler those lists…

Edit 2:
Spoiler:

Edit 3:
Slowpoke Well (a.k.a. Dark Cave, Ice Path, or 3edgy5me)
Spoiler:
Also, I found that the GBP issues are from changes in build 00412 that improved the GBP tracks but assigned the new voices to noise.

Last edited:

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Further proof that the Azalea Town Axel battle is completely B.S.
View attachment 81660View attachment 81661

That battle's already BS from the beginning when you then realise your fighting Silver back-to-back straight after with ZERO healing breaks, will agree that's a very dumb decision on the creator's (or whoever idea it was) part. Manage to do it all with just a Quilava, Gastly and Heracross as my main party at that point.

Years
That battle's already BS from the beginning when you then realise your fighting Silver back-to-back straight after with ZERO healing breaks, will agree that's a very dumb decision on the creator's (or whoever idea it was) part. Manage to do it all with just a Quilava, Gastly and Heracross as my main party at that point.

I know, right? Plus, the wilds outside Union are underleveled, Union Cave just seems to not spawn anything after the lost item event, and grinding Zubat and Slowpoke is annoying.

I would've rather had that battle in place of when Zane taunts you outside of Union Cave (obviously, adjusted in difficulty).

Or had a double battle with Silver. That would've been pretty cool.

Edit: Did you try listening to my remixes (top of this page)? I want to know what you truly think.

Last edited:
Years
A few additions to my collection.

@linkandzelda, are you there?

Please, give me feedback, especially criticism, because looping is incredibly difficult and I don't want it to suck or something and have to do it again. :/

Pokémart (DPPt)
#SinnohConfirmed
We could just import it from Emerald, but all of the ROM hacks have done that. Let's try something different. And not the HGSS version. Volume not balanced.
Pokémart (GBP) Work in progress.
Still have to work on the note timing, voices, and the noise drums.

Trainer Defeated
Because xylophones. IDK how it would contrast with the Trainer Battle music, though.

Slowpoke Well 2.0 (doesn't seem to play in Drive, but if you press Download, you can listen to it in a media player until I fix it).
I have the fixed bass line, some better (they still kinda suck) drums, and yeah. Not much else.

Vs. Champion Round 2
  • More rebalancing!
  • I realized that I may have made it too quiet, so I might make it louder to match the other battle themes!
  • Wild PANDEMONIUM appeared! Go! STEREO! (Yes, now there is a bit of variation between both ears.)
  • Noise drums! (Still needs tweaking)
  • Intro harmony changed a bit.
If you REALLY want to hear what the difference was between the original (as in Vs. Three Inappropriately Loud Guitars), see here. Headphone users (and other users), you have been warned! Also, this doesn't play in Drive either.
Note: I turned the volume down when I was recording the comparison. Because otherwise, the original will actually clip.

Last edited:
Back