• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
3. I'm playing on a raspberry pi 3 running retropie via mGBA, and can't get the RTC working, any advice on how to fix this?

In the actual application for Windows you have to specifically enable RTC through the emulator's per-game option, since there's prolly no such a thing in the RetroPie Port as a configuration menu, you more than likely will have to mess with some .ini file. This is what I've found about that.

Years
I'm not an imposter. I actually am Jake/ Zeikku. I forgot my old 10 year old PC login and couldn't reset it. ?? My Twitter is here.

Ohhh, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I will listen to those remixes.

Cool. I still have a few to upload. I have been working on a few "night" remixes. It really irks me that we have implemented an entire day/night system and we only use it for the Surf theme.

The idea for the Axel and Silver battle was that the lack of healing between the battle would add a sense of difficulty - Azelea Town has always been an easy section of the game, with the well, gym and Silver battle giving out relatively easy EXP. One more battle doesn't change things too much and if Axel knocks you (the player) out, you won't have to beat Silver again anyway, right? In addition to this, Zane is already in Azelea's gym as a seperate challenge. The back-to back battle isn't actually that hard, but we may split those battles a little better in future. Ideally I'd like to incorporate hard trainers in a way that specifically try to make nuzlockes harder ;).

I still think it is kinda too much. It has that "artificial difficulty" feel, like Double Team. I think that if Quagsire didn't have Ice Punch (because you don't have type coverage like that at that point), Electabuzz didn't have screens, and Bagon had something more realistic in power (Headbutt? I'd rather flinch hax than him 2HKO'ing everything), and nothing had Leftovers, the fight would be a lot more reasonable.

In comparison, Silver is a complete and total pushover. The only way he can kill you is if you got really weakened by Axel. He is literally almost as easy to beat as he is on Victory Road (Water Gun? looool).

I wouldn't say the wilds in that part are under- levelled but more that there are more trainers that reward EXP which in turn makes your party Pok?mon higher than the surrounding ones. This is known and even some wild Pok?mon locations will be tweaked.

Nah, the wilds on Route 32 are levels 7-12 and on Route 33, they are levels 6-9. In Slowpoke Well, they are 10-18.

I've spoken to Linkandzelda recently and we're still commited to completing the project. As young adults, we have a lot of real-life commitments and will post updates in future :). However, on the end of my discussion with him, I decided to be post a let's play/ development diary on my new YouTube channel soon, so if you subscribe, you'll be able to see the latest Liquid Crystal videos and discussions. This is a way for people to directly ask questions and post suggestions, and to also show that we still love this project even if updates are hard to follow up on at this moment in time. Videos will go live by Saturday. I'll try to post them in the thread as they are uploaded :).

OK, yeah, I talked to him on IRC and RHM, and he is still alive there, but he never posts here. I wish he would, it really seems that he doesn't exist on PC.

And I totally understand being busy. College. :/

Well, it was nice hearing from you?
Spoiler:

The_Zeikku

Don't step into the grass! Wild Pokémon live in th
Years
Ohhh, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Cool. I still have a few to upload. I have been working on a few "night" remixes. It really irks me that we have implemented an entire day/night system and we only use it for the Surf theme.

I still think it is kinda too much. It has that "artificial difficulty" feel, like Double Team. I think that if Quagsire didn't have Ice Punch (because you don't have type coverage like that at that point), Electabuzz didn't have screens, and Bagon had something more realistic in power (Headbutt? I'd rather flinch hax than him 2HKO'ing everything), and nothing had Leftovers, the fight would be a lot more reasonable.

In comparison, Silver is a complete and total pushover. The only way he can kill you is if you got really weakened by Axel. He is literally almost as easy to beat as he is on Victory Road (Water Gun? looool).

Nah, the wilds on Route 32 are levels 7-12 and on Route 33, they are levels 6-9. In Slowpoke Well, they are 10-18.

OK, yeah, I talked to him on IRC and RHM, and he is still alive there, but he never posts here. I wish he would, it really seems that he doesn't exist on PC.

And I totally understand being busy. College. :/

Well, it was nice hearing from you?
Spoiler:

Night themes are something we planned on doing, our former music composer, Magnius never did those. Just archive all the themes, and we'll see what we can work with when the time comes. Things often just get lost in the thread.

Silver is an easy trainer though, I think he's considerably weaker than most rivals in any Pok?mon game. Tweaking him is harder as he actually has trash Pok?mon in Azelea, limited movesets, barring his starter. There's something off about battles as a whole, and me and Linkandzelda will fix movesets in future anyway. E.g Suicune with Ice Punch.

The levels of wild Pok?mon in certain areas is partially due to how the difficulty of the game was prior to the level increases in beta 3. The game used to have the same levels as the original crystal. The levelling is known and will be changed after events are finalised.

Years
Night themes are something we planned on doing, our former music composer, Magnius never did those. Just archive all the themes, and we'll see what we can work with when the time comes. Things often just get lost in the thread.

Ok, yeah, LaZ told me that Magnius disappeared, leaving a lot of unfinished tracks. Basically, with LC, you have songs that are really, really, good (Such as the Johto Trainer Battle, which, as good as the rest of the soundtrack is, is the best LC track) and songs that flat out suck (Kanto Wild Battle. Even LaZ admitted that this one was unfinished). It seems to be that Magnius was the source of all the best tracks, and the rest were up to the others.

Silver is an easy trainer though, I think he's considerably weaker than most rivals in any Pok?mon game. Tweaking him is harder as he actually has trash Pok?mon in Azelea, limited movesets, barring his starter. There's something off about battles as a whole, and me and Linkandzelda will fix movesets in future anyway. E.g Suicune with Ice Punch.
barring his starter
no, his starter sucks, too.

Learnsets are weird. Sneasel can learn Sleep Powder via TM. It's pretty awesome, especially against Lati@s.

A side note. The lack of updated movepools and the overabundant rain is just plain unfair.

Let's look at the starters. In GSC and HGSS, while lol chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile are pretty even (although Cyndaquil is slightly better in HGSS).
In LC:
Spoiler:

The levels of wild Pok?mon in certain areas is partially due to how the difficulty of the game was prior to the level increases in beta 3. The game used to have the same levels as the original crystal. The levelling is known and will be changed after events are finalised.

OK, I understand now. That also explains a hell of a lot, why there are some weirdly underleveled Pok?mon in some areas and some generally awkward level curves.

Another thing. What is with the Level 20 wilds everywhere?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Sep 10, 2017
Thanks zeikku, and all other LC devs whom read this, been having a lot of fun so far! Kinda suprised I never heard about rom hacking until recently, but really glad this was my first.

Thanks easyaspi314, Didn't read the spoiler locations. (atleast trying not to, also, thanks for splitting the spoilers.)

I actually haven't gotten vary far yet, but I managed to catch a whismur and ralts almost back to back. Shortly after I doubled back to train them and got a phanpy
Spoiler:
I've been double checking/adding my encounters to the location dex, and am going to re upload it.

I'm new to this forum(Please pardon the following dumb question) is there a better spot if I want to post a journal/recounting of what happens to me in LC? or should I just post in here? And if I post in here should I hide the details via spoiler? (see above for example)

Years
Thanks zeikku, and all other LC devs whom read this, been having a lot of fun so far! Kinda suprised I never heard about rom hacking until recently, but really glad this was my first.
Never too late to join the hacking community. It is fun and breathes new life into older games.

Thanks easyaspi314, Didn't read the spoiler locations. (atleast trying not to, also, thanks for splitting the spoilers.)

No problem.

I actually haven't gotten vary far yet, but I managed to catch a whismur and ralts almost back to back. Shortly after I doubled back to train them and got a phanpy
Spoiler:
I've been double checking/adding my encounters to the location dex, and am going to re upload it.

Cool! I'd love to see it.

I'm new to this forum(Please pardon the following dumb question) is there a better spot if I want to post a journal/recounting of what happens to me in LC? or should I just post in here? And if I post in here should I hide the details via spoiler? (see above for example)
The only dumb question is "Is this a dumb question?". :8:

I think you can make a blog entry. IDK. Granted, I am not a perfect PC role model, so I don't know.

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Sep 10, 2017
So, a quick update on my journey.
Today I caught ghastly, growlithe, clefairy, swablu and nicada.
Spoiler:

Team so far is phanpy, whismur, ralts, growlithe, ghastly, totodile.
Got done with violet city, time to call it a night.

Noticed the onix trade is bugged af, also fought an uknown(letter "U" I think) whose sprite was fuuuucked up straight missin no. style.

Last edited:
Years
So, a quick update on my journey.
Today I caught ghastly, growlithe, clefairy, swablu and nicada.
Spoiler:

Team so far is phanpy, whismur, ralts, growlithe, ghastly, totodile.
Got done with violet city, time to call it a night.

Noticed the onix trade is bugged af, also fought an uknown(letter "U" I think) whose sprite was fuuuucked up straight missin no. style.

Yeah, I saw that too. I completely freaked out. {XD}

Hidden Power is also bugged. Apparently, with the exception of HP Fighting, it only does 1-2 HP.

If we used a newer, better battle engine, like Gaia (minus Megas), that would probably be fixed.

Really, in terms of battling, the main things that would benefit LC are:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Sep 10, 2017
I agree, double battles are hella fun.
reusable tm's&making the hm's able to be forgotten like a regular move would be rad af imo.
Spoiler:

Years
I agree, double battles are hella fun.
reusable tm's&making the hm's able to be forgotten like a regular move would be rad af imo.
Spoiler:

You should update. That box was a bug, sadly. It was fixed recently. You also get the B2W2 Repel system (Repel's effect wore off? Use another?) and a few other fixes.

Saves should be compatible.

The_Zeikku

Years
To loosely respond to the TM issues and learnable moves. They still need to be fixed and the reason for the problems is due to changing the TMs from Fire Red into what they were from Crystal.

I know I said I'd likely have a Let's Play/ Developer Diary video up by today, but this may happen later or even tomorrow morning as I'm severely sick with a cold. However, if you're interested in seeing upcoming updates you can still subscribe here to know exactly when they go up. I'll update this post or follow up with the video when it's ready.

Last edited:

The_Zeikku

Years
Uuh, a new update, looks neat

To clarify, the let's play/ developer's diary won't highlight any new features/ graphics or music. The idea is to give people an active platform to speak or comment on videos. Updates for Liquid Crystal will be posted on my channel once our team are free to work on it again. This is just something for the mean time.

Last edited:
Years
To clarify, the let's play/ developer's diary won't highlight any new features/ graphics or music. The idea is to give people an active platform to speak or comment on videos. Updates for Liquid Crystal will be posted on my channel once our team are free to work on it again. This is just something for the mean time.
What?! H-how c-could you do a developer's diary without a showcase of development?
This is madness! There is only one way to settle this?:P
Pokemon Liquid Crystal 2_1499123584517.png
(Actually at this point in the game right now).

The_Zeikku

Years
What?! H-how c-could you do a developer's diary without a showcase of development?
This is madness! There is only one way to settle this?:P
View attachment 82364
(Actually at this point in the game right now).

Well, updates will definitely come in time even if not featured in my let's play. It's pointless posting updates/ playing a ROM that isn't being worked on by the team. As I said, the idea is to give people a place to talk instead of a mostly inactive thread. It will also take into consideration changes for the future and feature discussions and questions for the next release. If people, don't want this, then I won't do a let's play, but I'm still recovering from my cold. If people want this playthrough to happen, then just say.

aruupaa

Just an ordinary person
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 20, 2019
Does somebody know where I can find a Yanma? Sorry if this is off-topic.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Does somebody know where I can find a Yanma? Sorry if this is off-topic.
This list doesn't mention Yanma anywhere. I also downloaded the latest version of the game (v3.3.00512) checked the maps around Goldenrod, Violet and Ecruteak through Advance Map v1.92 but Yanma wasn't listed as a wild Pokémon anywhere, unfortunately.
Maybe checking the maps one by one you'll eventually find it, if it's even obtainable.

aruupaa

Just an ordinary person
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 20, 2019
This list doesn't mention Yanma anywhere. I also downloaded the latest version of the game (v3.3.00512) checked the maps around Goldenrod, Violet and Ecruteak through Advance Map v1.92 but Yanma wasn't listed as a wild Pokémon anywhere, unfortunately.
Maybe checking the maps one by one you'll eventually find it, if it's even obtainable.

Thanks for replying. I looked for it everywhere and couldn't find it so I obtained it by changing Caterpie's evolution to Yanma :) .

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 10, 2017
Hi guys!

I have been playing liquid crystal for the past weeks and it has been a great experience! I am in Kanto now but I am having trouble because I did not get a bike back in Goldenrod city. Right now I am forced to go through bicycle road and I can't get a bike anymore... Is it possible to continue my game or do I need to restart and get the bike for the next run?

Thank you for the support!

Back