• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2017
I've seen in this Hack the Link Trade/Battle Center hasn't been removed. But is there a plan to make it work or a way one could patch it, just for himself though?
Doesn't seem like it will receive any updates from the creators.

Maybe this belongs to another Thread, but I was searching for a fully functional Hack with Physical/Special Split and the possibility to Link Trade/Battle. This one is to date the closest I've encountered, speaking about finished or almost finished Versions, without Bugs, Fakemons, (incomplete PokeDex up to the highest mentioned Generation).
Any suggestions?

Greetings

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
GameBoyLuke created a "randomized" ROM by hand. As in, he used rom hacking tools and manually changed encounters.
well i tried to manually edit the encounters, but the rom doesn't work with AdvanceMap, and MEH is being problematic.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 8, 2021
i know this may be a trade secret but i have to ask what tools were used for good game?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 8, 2021
i know this may be a trade secret but i have to ask what tools were used for this good game?

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Many of you liked my previous FUNNY MOMENTS video so I made another! It's longer and higher quality :D
Check it out! :D You WILL enjoy :)
AND SERIOUSLY guys, what's up with the AI of Kimono girls? SPAMS THE **** OUTTA SAND ATTACK!

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
screw this. I have done and re-done the randomizing BY HAND one at a time through MEH. This is my 4th failure. i tried not to touch anything that had "??????????" as the pokemon and 0 as the number. Not only could i only get half the routes, but for some reason it killed all the dialog in the game. can someone either point me in the direction of whatever program was used to edit the maps/wild pokemon in this game(advancedmap didn't work at all), or the youtube guy who did a randomized run?

DTD

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 15, 2018
So as far as I know, and maybe you guys have already notice, that's the new TL's quick enhance tool can add most of the new feature from gen VI,..and that's almost all the feature that was listed in that "Super Liquid Crystal" remake

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 17, 2024
Hi! Just want to first and foremost congratulate the creators of this wonderful ROM-hack as it has become the first ROM-hack where I actually finished the main story out of pure joy, I just couldn't stop after I hit a certain point (pretty sure it was after my invincible Quagsire learned Earthquake) and I have come to like my current team greatly. It is easily one of the best ROM-hacks that I have ever played and I hope that future projects and updates will be just as good (having really high hopes for Emerald Dreams as well). Right now I am in Kanto and I have a few questions. I have just finished up Lavender Town and is about to head towards Cerulean.

1. During my battle with the Gengar in the Lavender Town Cemetary I accidentally defeated it in 1 hit (I was using a level 47 Cacturne with Faint Attack) and it says that the Silph Scope broke because of the intensity of the battle. So when I went down into the basement to rescue Mr Fuji I was unable to capture any ghost-types that might have been down there, a big shame because I really wanted a Dusclops and according to the capture-list that I was using there's no other way of obtaining one. After I brought Mr Fuji back I found that I am now unable to return to the basement. Does that mean that I will have to restart the hack completely in order to get another chance at a Dusclops? Is the Silph Scope supposed to break after your battle with Gengar? Is the basement supposed to be closed off to me after this? Just wants to know cause it would suck if I have to get rid of all of that progress just to get my favorite ghost-type on my team.

2. I placed the flutes on the pillars on Outskirt Island but the Birds didn't appear at the places where they are said to roost. Do I have to face Red first? Or do I have to finish up the story-arc with Team Saturn?

3. I am not sure if it is a bug or not but it is worth mentioning. I accidentally lost the battle with Axel outside the Olivine Lighthouse the first time because I had not prepared hard enough after my battle with Chuck and when I went out of the pokemon-center after I had been healed up, the dialogue activated the second that I stepped outside despite Axel not being on screen. Is that supposed to happen? I thought that I just had to walk down to the Lighthouse again to activate the fight again.

4. I just have to wonder exactly how rare the Hoenn-pokemon on certain routes are. I spent hours looking for Ralts and Swablu on Route 30 and 31 and didn't find a single one. Now I am very much aware of how rare certain pokemon are, I spent a long time tracking down a Scyther in National Park and in the normal Fire Red I didn't give up on catching a Chansey in th Safari-zone despite its rarity and low catch-rate. But I was completely unable to find the first two pokemon I mention despite searching all over the routes. The same goes for Vibrava on route 45. I am usually pretty patient at finding my favorite pokemon but this is just ridiculous.

5. When you arrive in Fuschia City (unsure if I spelled that correctly...) you are told that the Safari Zone has been closed down because the warden has gone somewhere. How are you supposed to open up the Safari Zone again?

These are just some things that I would really appreciate to get answered. There are some minor petpeeves like the fact that My Salamence can't learn Dragon Claw through the move-tutor and instead have to wait until whooping level 79 and that the old lady who supposedly gives you the TMs for Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Ice Beam doesn't appear in the Goldenrod Department Store in my version because my emulator doesn't support real-time events apparently. But I am still very happy with what I have, I really hope that this hack keeps on growing because there is a lot of potential here. There are ideas that I wished would be implemented into the real games (having a free move-relearner in every pokemon-center, running inside buildings, being able to buy evolutionary stones from various sellers around the region at any time etc.) and I really hope that the fate that befell Pokemon Prism and Pokemon Uranium doesn't happen to this game. Because in my opinion, this is a hack that is worth keeping around.
By the way if anyone is curious, I don't remember what my levels were but the team that I beat the Johto Elite Four with was:
Pyre the Typhlosion (my beloved starter, nothing more needs to be said)
Hanzo the Quagsire (my unstoppable fire-wall and the bane of Team Saturn, god I love his typing...)
Hercules the Heracross (still manages to surprise me with how much damage he does to pokemon that are almost 10 levels higher than him...)
Kirk the Crobat (or Kirk the Jerk as I am sure many a trainer knows him by now thanks to his evil Confuse Ray and Poison Fang combo...)
Faraday the Magneton (Lock-On and Thunder is a mean strategy, can't wait for Zap Cannon...)
and
Viserion the Salamence (the most rewarding evolution ever and probably the team-member that I am the most proud of considering that she helped me win against Lance despite her type-disadvantage)

Last edited:
Years
4. I just have to wonder exactly how rare the Hoenn-pokemon on certain routes are. I spent hours looking for Ralts and Swablu on Route 30 and 31 and didn't find a single one. Now I am very much aware of how rare certain pokemon are, I spent a long time tracking down a Scyther in National Park and in the normal Fire Red I didn't give up on catching a Chansey in th Safari-zone despite its rarity and low catch-rate. But I was completely unable to find the first two pokemon I mention despite searching all over the routes. The same goes for Vibrava on route 45. I am usually pretty patient at finding my favorite pokemon but this is just ridiculous.

Most Hoenn Pokémon are 1%.

Here are a few worth mentioning (spoilers). Pokémon that are not 1% in the grass say so, and fishing is usually 5% with the Super Rod.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 17, 2024
Thanks a lot, it makes it a little easier when you have an exact figure to go by. By the way, I spent so long trying to find Ralts (I did manage to get both Duskull and Swablu by the way) that Raikou emerged before I managed to find a single Ralts.

Years
Thanks a lot, it makes it a little easier when you have an exact figure to go by. By the way, I spent so long trying to find Ralts (I did manage to get both Duskull and Swablu by the way) that Raikou emerged before I managed to find a single Ralts.

I fought Suicune, then Raikou popped out that same day, then the next day, guess who?

It felt like this. Except that they weren't as willing to stay in their Ultra Ball. I was so afraid of the Roar glitch that I used save states. Also, I think I only had two Ultra Balls for Entei.

I refuse to use them. It just didn't feel right.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 22, 2021
It looks like other people have been asking this, but I have yet to see an answer. How do you get the item that is blocked by the boxes in the Goldenrod Depatment Store basement? The boxes don't seem to ever move.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 17, 2024
Just a question, does anyone knows the encounter-differences between the different times of day? I have finally gotten a new emulator that can handle real-time events (VBA for those who wonders, there are a few bugs with the sound and sometimes certain battle-animations doesn't appear but everything else works so I am content) and there was mentions that the pokemon you encounter change just like in the original game. But I can't seem to find any information as to exactly which these pokemon are. Any help would be really appreciated.

Years
Just a question, does anyone knows the encounter-differences between the different times of day? I have finally gotten a new emulator that can handle real-time events (VBA for those who wonders, there are a few bugs with the sound and sometimes certain battle-animations doesn't appear but everything else works so I am content) and there was mentions that the pokemon you encounter change just like in the original game. But I can't seem to find any information as to exactly which these pokemon are. Any help would be really appreciated.

Nah. Last time I checked there is no difference ATM.

Years
Hi, I have some problem during playing the Liquid Crystal hack.

In first, when I finally got to the League Master Lance and saved during battle with him (VisualBoy: Shift + F1) and when I loaded it and beated him, after credits my game doesn't save - it's showing the main screen and starting new adventure. Is it fine?

In second, after passing Victory Road that was some weird accident that emerged in game - all of the events can be passed second time you know - it's like I will start adventure with all badges and HM moves.

ItsFrickenMe

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Why hasn't this thread been locked yet? Isn't there a rule where a project is considered dead when a creator stops updating? Liquid Crystal is just as dead as Shiny Gold. Close the thread already, it's just pollution at this point.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
Hi, does anyone know where the orange island battle theme and the rocket battle theme are saved at? I tried to check one by one with sappy but I didn't find nothing.

Back