• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
  • We should somehow label this in-game as a different version than the official release so if people are playing this and experience issues its not because of LAZ and Zeikku.

I wasn't able to edit the intro sprites btw so maybe that can be down the line some time :)

EDIT: It appears in your release a large number of trainer sprites were corrupted... those pokemon sprites do look good though. Shame

So here's a link without the corruption again/only select Pokemon in DS sprites but all DS trainers, still new overworlds, etc etc.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ecs6n5

Last edited:

Salismon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2017
    I just adore this hack so much!

That's... all i really wanted to say. I love it! ;)

Danno

Years
  • Alright guys. All 386 Pokemon updated with DS-Style Sprites.

I think the corruption may have occured if this is the way you patched it:

You setup the 386 pokemon sprites on liquid crystal or Fire Red before getting my trainers and overworlds, and then combined later.

This causes corruption because we both had to repoint the sprites, so now it's all screwy. Is that how you did it?

If so to make it the right way you'd have to do the 386 over the copy I listed above, not the original liquid crystal, because I have also repointed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014

You setup the 386 pokemon sprites on liquid crystal or Fire Red before getting my trainers and overworlds, and then combined later.

This causes corruption because we both had to repoint the sprites, so now it's all screwy. Is that how you did it?

If so to make it the right way you'd have to do the 386 over the copy I listed above, not the original liquid crystal, because I have also repointed.

Damnit man...I did it like this and a trainer right outside of Violet City (exit to the right) glitches out and on me and makes my emulator crash. What can I do?
    Might it be solely because I use Gameboid for Android and not Visual Boy Advance? I haven't seen VBA for Android yet, though..

Danno

Years
  • Damnit man...I did it like this and a trainer right outside of Violet City (exit to the right) glitches out and on me and makes my emulator crash. What can I do?
    Might it be solely because I use Gameboid for Android and not Visual Boy Advance? I haven't seen VBA for Android yet, though..

I use MyBoy for android, but that's not the problem. Creator135's edit of the patch I just released has the corrupted trainers, until (if and when) he fixes it just use the other patch I provided. It still has new trainers, overworlds, and some pokemon updated to DS graphics. It's the sendspace link above

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2014
    dont know whats happening on the thread.

ahem .

The hack is good. extremely good!

Some sprites are not that good though ( Eusine's , and some pokemon )

but overall , its great!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023

Sorry I've been inactive for these few days. Anyways, I was going to say the exact opposite of what you said. I actually updated the 386 on top of the patch you provided, and created my own patch over yours, however I didn't test it so I didn't know it was glitchy. I was going to start with a clean un-edited Liquid Crystal rom, and add the stuff like reusable TMs and Darthatron's repel system. And after that, add in the 386 pokemon. After that, I would apply your patch to my rom, and see if it works. Do you think that would work?

Danno

Years
  • Sorry I've been inactive for these few days. Anyways, I was going to say the exact opposite of what you said. I actually updated the 386 on top of the patch you provided, and created my own patch over yours, however I didn't test it so I didn't know it was glitchy. I was going to start with a clean un-edited Liquid Crystal rom, and add the stuff like reusable TMs and Darthatron's repel system. And after that, add in the 386 pokemon. After that, I would apply your patch to my rom, and see if it works. Do you think that would work?

Maybe, but it might mess up your pokemon sprites after.... let me know how it works out man I'd love to use it when you're done. I've been focusing more on updating the game than playing it lol I only have the first 7 badges of Johto, beat the radio tower and haven't even gone to the ice cave yet hahaha

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    So, are the pokemon locations exact copies? I ask because if so I can use Bulbapedia's route information to find the ones I want.

Danno

Years
  • This hack...The surf music sold me on it, isn't that the ocean music from Windwaker?

No the surf music is from the original GSC games.

hey new beta 3 is out ? Great. And best of luck with your new ideas and events.

Only kinda, the new update isn't official. It's been a few years since the last update, we're just some fans updating the graphics.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2019
    Sorry I've been inactive for these few days. Anyways, I was going to say the exact opposite of what you said. I actually updated the 386 on top of the patch you provided, and created my own patch over yours, however I didn't test it so I didn't know it was glitchy. I was going to start with a clean un-edited Liquid Crystal rom, and add the stuff like reusable TMs and Darthatron's repel system. And after that, add in the 386 pokemon. After that, I would apply your patch to my rom, and see if it works. Do you think that would work?

i will wait for your newest patch, its sounds great to me :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I already added the Pokemon and new features, but there are glitched trainers even WITHOUT your patch. There are even glitch trainers without my edits. I'm still searching for any problems but maybe those trainers are supposed to be like that? I don't really know the problem but here's an example.

Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

pixeleye

Pixel Artist For GBC
    Years
  • by the way i just check this thread and the real thing i almost remember all those things when i first start to play Pokemon Crystal, though i played GBA games first.. but hey for a reason i start playing this right now. and i have read all the notes i was wondering what are you doing with the hack now? really neat hack, keep it all up :)

Cheers.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Umm there are 3 download links for the unofficial patches can i use both patches or only pick one
    And do i first patch the custom patch/es to fr then apply the latest build of lc?
    Pls give an order of patching

Patching Meowth's patch to your Liquid Crystal ROM is fine, but it's preferred that you patch it to a clean FireRed ROM. Do not patch mine onto your ROM though because there are corrupted trainers and it could break your game. I'm still trying to find a solution to that, but in the meantime, you can play with Meowth's updated trainer sprites but you'll have to wait a bit longer for mine which combines his trainer sprites and my pokemon sprites.

Years
  • Nice ty guys i used meowths patch so far looking good i like the new OWs and pokemon sprites, quilava looks so cool and golds backsprite is awesome
    Trainer sprites are good too cant wait for updates to your patches and for a completed liquid crystal

Back