• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • I have just started playing this hack and I must say that it really is worth the hype and as for bugs I can't trade pokemon ie at the first gym for a bellsprout we get an onix but sadly at the end of the trade when I get onix my game crashes so I tried the game at the no cash emu in it the game as well as my saved file got deleted the same with vba advance 1.8 as well as VBA M so what should I do?????

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2015
    Im not sure if its a glitch or i need something but the pedestals on Outskirt Island to put the flutes are still missing. I'm on beta 3.3, I've gotten the 3 dogs, have 16 badges and I'm at the orange islands. I do have all 3 flutes and the pedestals still do not appear nor a man on the beach below Goldenrod. Can anybody help ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2016
    I downloaded this a while ago and loved the updated graphics! I had actually forgotten how old the game was,lol. My biggest gripe is the battle style. The opponants movesets dont vary at all,and the repetitiveness makes it a chore to keep playing. For example, the opponent will keep using the same move until it runs out of PP, then it just moves to the next move it knows. The E4 would paralyze you, then you'd never be able to move until you healed yourself, then the second you do they paralyze you again! That and the fact that every hit is a critical hit. By the time i made it to Kanto, there was no point in playing anymore since it was basically down to who had more HP and could withstand a critical hit.

Saintscrew7

Helpful little Angel
    Years
  • Hey guys! I've reached the las playable part in LC... And I've found some weird things:
    1.When you get out of the lighthouse after you beat the 2nd gym in the orange islands, there's a message congratulating you. And it doesn't let you exit the lighthouse.
    2.Catching an unown would reset your game.
    3.The cristal onix image is jammed and pink... Oh and if it gets to like you, it evolves into steelix... If ya already know, then sorry... Good luck!!

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2015
    first of all, YO LINKANDZELDA IF YOU SEE THIS PLEASE DON'T HATE ME I LOVE YOUR WORK AND YOUR CUSTOM TILES ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Second, does anyone know how to fix the trading, battling, and trainer tower? If someone does that I could go ahead ripping out and polishing the remains of all the extra hoopla so that the game would be complete (or at least, complete in regards to the original crystal).

I've already gotten around to replacing/tweaking all of the custom pokemon sprites (I'm so sorry linkandzelda but pidgeotto was slowly killing me) and correcting several minor punctuation 'errors' (ok ok, changing the stone dudes' lines from 'want some stones?......' to 'want some stones......?' isn't really a correction because using that much punctuation is a sin in itself, but at least it mirrors the errors of the British National Corpus in terms of order of illegal punctuation) and adjusting a number of events [what I meant by adjusting/ripping out extra hoopla is phasing out the custom story bits because I have no right to try finish linkandzelda's story]. I've also changed up some learnsets (like, they're still legitimate if the pokemon were raised in a different generation, however these adjustments were needed in order to properly utilize the physical/special split to its maximum potential).

What I'm getting at here is that I love this game. It's better than any gba game out there, but I see no light at the end of the tunnel, and I neeeeeeeeed a finished, perfectly polished product (linkandzelda PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS AS AN INSULT YOUR WORK IS THE BEST THING EVER OK I SPENT HOURS TWEAKING VANILLA FIRERED TO MY LIKING I'M JUST A FREAK LIKE THAT). If someone helps me with those three things I'll be eternally grateful, and then I'll be on my way tying off loose ends and eventually sending the game to my closest buddies so we can battle pokemon we actually trained without putting up with being in public with a DS (I AM SORRY BUT I AM A KINESIOLOGY STUDENT AND I HAVE JOCK STANDARDS TO LIVE UP TO).

Android ftw tho

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2015
    ahm. Hi guys. I just want to ask something. I'm just new here on LC so it may already be answered, but the thread is just too big to find it. Please help me, so here goes:

* Are the three elemental punches still good on Alakazam? and;
    * How do I know which version I'm playing? I seriously don't even know haha

so that's all. thank you for answers guys. i hope to hear from you. :x

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • ahm. Hi guys. I just want to ask something. I'm just new here on LC so it may already be answered, but the thread is just too big to find it. Please help me, so here goes:

* Are the three elemental punches still good on Alakazam? and;
    * How do I know which version I'm playing? I seriously don't even know haha

so that's all. thank you for answers guys. i hope to hear from you. :x

Sadly, the punches won't work too well with Alakazam, and you can tell which version you're playing when you start a new game, like so:
    Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2019
    I really want to fight with my friends through the link battle , but the link battle / trade does not work = (

I've tried to fix this problem, but I do not see what causes the error. The screen goes black when I fight . Please release updates...

Your game is amazing!! Thanks for spend your time with it =)

(I'm from Brazil, sorry for my bad english if i made a mistake)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2015
    Hey, all. I've been encountering some issues with the game. not sure what I'm doing wrong, despite being pretty sure it's a common problem. First off, I'm using a laptop running Windows 7.

Here's my problem: I downloaded the emulator from the official site, VisualBoyAdvanceM878. I started it and it at the game selection menu a warning popped up saying "XAudio2 failed to initialize!" It then started playing at super speed. I fixed that issue but the second problem remains: I get no sound. When I go to Audio>Output API>XAudio2, and click on XAudio2 or even Configuration, the message repeats. Also, there's nothing at all in the "select device" dropdown menu.

Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

On a possibly related note, I got another version of the emulator, 1.8.0-beta3. It had the issue of telling me straight up that the clock function and clock-based events weren't going to occur and I needed to go fetch a new emulator... which led to the problem up above>:(

By the way, I was referred to this game by a friend, and his version worked perfectly for his mobile device. I thought it looked awesome and finally decided to try this for myself.

Years
  • Hey, all. I've been encountering some issues with the game. not sure what I'm doing wrong, despite being pretty sure it's a common problem. First off, I'm using a laptop running Windows 7.

Here's my problem: I downloaded the emulator from the official site, VisualBoyAdvanceM878. I started it and it at the game selection menu a warning popped up saying "XAudio2 failed to initialize!" It then started playing at super speed. I fixed that issue but the second problem remains: I get no sound. When I go to Audio>Output API>XAudio2, and click on XAudio2 or even Configuration, the message repeats. Also, there's nothing at all in the "select device" dropdown menu.

Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

On a possibly related note, I got another version of the emulator, 1.8.0-beta3. It had the issue of telling me straight up that the clock function and clock-based events weren't going to occur and I needed to go fetch a new emulator... which led to the problem up above>:(

By the way, I was referred to this game by a friend, and his version worked perfectly for his mobile device. I thought it looked awesome and finally decided to try this for myself.
    Well if you need sound then open up VBA-M and do Options>Audio>Core Settings and you should see the word "Volume" followed by a scroll bar. Just move the scroll bar to how loud you want the sound to be.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2015
    Great! It works! Without any trouble, too. Gee, don't I feel sheepish. Thanks, Fun.

Now, I have another question that is rather...pertinent. How do I change or figure out the controls? This is the first emulator I've played in... this IS the first emulator i've played. So far I've figured out only that Z is the A button and Enter is Start. What about the rest?

Years
  • Great! It works! Without any trouble, too. Gee, don't I feel sheepish. Thanks, Fun.

Now, I have another question that is rather...pertinent. How do I change or figure out the controls? This is the first emulator I've played in... this IS the first emulator i've played. So far I've figured out only that Z is the A button and Enter is Start. What about the rest?
    If you want to see the default controls go to Options>Input>Set>Config 1... from there you can see all the controls as well as change them if you want to.

If you have any more questions VM me. I don't want to litter this thread too badly with Q&As.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2015
    Thanks! I'll not promise you've seen the last of me, because I'll probably end up running int another issue.;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Really quick question- Is there any way to get Porygon before Celadon city?

I saw a video from 2009 of a guy getting one in Goldenrod, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore :/

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2015
    Ok, I decided to send a glitch report here, just as a heads up that I encountered a problem. I had some trouble sending one to the official site, I think.

Here's the issue: when I failed to complete the Kabuto statue in the Ruins of Alph, during the Clear Bell Quest, I couldn't use the A button anymore until I rebooted. That's a sidenote, the real issue is what came afterward. I finished the Aerodactyle puzzle next, then proceeded to the Ho-Oh puzzle via Union Cave. The Ho-Oh puzzle said it was already complete, so I went to the Omanyte puzzle. I finished that puzzle as well. After this, the entrance right above the Omanyte room was still sealed and remains sealed to this moment.

I'm playing with build [FONT=&quot]3.3.00451. Just managed to get that info.:) And I downloaded it all from the official site. The VBA is M878.

Ok, hope this helps to improve the game.
    [/FONT]

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • I'd like to just take a moment to say that I'm just as committed to finishing this when linkandzelda is ready. Me and him make a good team along with the others and more importantly, we take an interest in each others well-being. That's whats important. Life can sometimes be hard for us all, and this time away has given us time to grow as people and experience things both good and bad, so I have no doubt in my mind that the next release will be something special for us all because it'll come when the time's right.

In the time away, I've been in and out of work, been dating someone and have responsibilities to tend to everyday. It's not about being committed, but me and LaZ are old timers here. We're like 23/24 IRL too (sorry LaZ ). So yeah, we're still adjusting to changes in our lives and having fun and enjoying it with friends while we're still young, because talking to different people really helps with creativity and social development especially when you're old and wrinkly.

The Pokémon scene sure has changed though. For one, there's like 3D Pokémon games now. This is the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • Just thought I would like to say, last night I pushed the first build update in 15 months. The build is a small patch for the Orange Islands, more info on the build history page, and a spoiler below. You guys waited 1.5 years for development to resume, to those who are still with us, thanks for holding out.

Spoiler:

So why did this happen? The answer is simple, I'm back! Development has resumed on LC, however it will be at a slower pace than previously seen. For example, there could be 10+ new builds in a day, and none for a week+. I'm juggling my time here and there to fit as much LC in as possible. I miss hacking and it's been far too long. As I did that update and pushed the build button, I was shaking with excitement of whats to come for LC in the future. It seems like a coincidence that Zeikku made a post last night, he does not know about my comeback, nobody did until now. So there we go, I'm back, so let's continue where things left off.

As for my plans on what's coming, there will be a patch somewhere soon to fix the Crystal Onix glitches which have plagued the game since 2013. Thanks to DaniilS for his ASM skills. I'll be continuing the story and various bug fixes hand in hand with the aim to have the story 100% completed as the first priority. After this is done and the final areas are available, the build will change to a new major number to mark this milestone of completion. However, the game is not gonna be completed at that point, there is still more to do. Once the story is done, the final phase of development will begin. This is where we re-create the whole game from scratch on a new ROM. Not only will this make for a much more pleasant experience, but it will be bug free and glitch free as well. That is the main reason for that decision. It will mean however that everyones save game will be incompatible when that happens.

So there we have it, out of the blue LC is back :)

Back