• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
  • hi guys. just a quick update. i havent managed to hack all week duw to school work. that wasnt planned btw XD. im gonna get something done this weekend.

link

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Another question. You know how you said it wouldn't be possible to have different pokemon at day and night without ASM? Well is it possible to still have day and night but the same pokemon anyway? (without ASM, just a script or something).

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Halobro, That is kinda possible, Using Pallettes created in the RAM, we can load the pallettes using the good ol' callasm command. But even this form of day and night needs ASM, We could go for the "cheap" option, but we'd prefer to wait for the real deal. Even then I don't think wild pokemon would be changeable through different times...I could be wrong.

I know a good way of doing it on ruby/ sapphire and emerald..which gives off the illusion of day and night being on ruby's real time clock..but it's not ;)

linkandzelda

Years
  • yea thats right. but i have a way to maybe get weeks working just with flags when MM_X releases the FR/LG version of the D/N.

update: just to say that my motivation has gone to sleep for the momment. now that ive said that i will probably start agaim lol.

link

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • yea thats right. but i have a way to maybe get weeks working just with flags when MM_X releases the FR/LG version of the D/N.

update: just to say that my motivation has gone to sleep for the momment. now that ive said that i will probably start agaim lol.

link

Hmm If your motivation has gone to sleep may I suggest you get it beta tested and release a beta and you can then have a time fixing the little bugs and then thinking ahead and getting some motivation, of course I am hoping here but I presume it is a lot better than you starting again :)

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • he doesn't mean as in starting the hack all over again... rofl...
    I dunno, I'll try get some stuff done for the beta myself.

I never thought I'd hear LaZ giving into sleep!
    and I thought you were nocturnal dude! xD

linkandzelda

Years
  • LOL well college is in the way at the momment so i never have spear time. but im doing something now XD. and that will probably get me doing it again.

link

linkandzelda

Years
  • thanks dude. i hope so too XD.

btw i've allmost finished fuchsia just got the gym to do. i have done route 19 too.

I have a question. does the rocks on route 19 ever clear?

link

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2012
    Oh? What rocks? can you briefly describe them? But seriously, I don't remember any rocks clearing while playing Crystal except those small ones which can be Rock-Smash-ed

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years

btw i've allmost finished fuchsia just got the gym to do. i have done route 19 too.

link

Is that the route from below Fushia to Seafoam Islands?
    If so, then yes. Although I don't remember when.....
    I think it was after getting five badges (Cascade/Thunder/Rainbow/Soul/Marsh badges).

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • actually..it gets cleared... after you've beaten around 5 leaders and got the magnet pass...
    but it doesn't lead anywhere seeing as route 19's blocked off at the end anyways xD

Ahasverus

Suicune Guardian
    Years
  • Every day that passes, the game is near more and more.
    I just hope you won't be unmotivated, 'cause there are many people (incluiding me) waiting for you, supporting you.
    PLEASE, DON'T SURRENDER!

linkandzelda

Years
  • dont worry guys im not quitting and neither is zeikku. thanks for clearing the rock thing up (damn i was hoping they never went away XD)

link

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years

link

The rocks clear after you talk to Blue (the gsc name for your rival in rby, and gsc's 8th kanto gym leader) on the remains of cinnabar.

I remember this because I tried to go through that route after every little event in crystal, because I just wanted to know when they finished clearing it, and route 19 ISN'T blocked off at the end, you can go past the seafoam islands, because the rocks that blocked it off in r/b/y/fr/lg were gone in g/s/c because route 19 would be completely pointless if it was blocked off, although it was pointless anyway, because you go to cinnabar through pallet town, and you already have the fly hm.

Last edited:

ShinyL

guru rules
    Years
  • For linkandzelda:
    Nice remake, but the male hero sprite is not that good... if you want, you could use this sprite I rewamped: h*tp://i38.tinypic.com/2ia62kk.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back