• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I tried to patch it on an Emerald rom but I couldn't get it to work. I aware that its a Fire red hack.

That actually reminds me, I need to tell you guys which Emerald rom dumps and Ruby ones to apply the patches to >.<

GoGoJJTech

Years
    Meybe it bug or what. But in current beta even today was avaible to get Jirachi

How did you get it? It says there are no available gifts to be found because we're not offering the event any longer. Maybe you had received the gift but never actually went to the Mart to get Jirachi?

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
    That actually reminds me, I need to tell you guys which Emerald rom dumps and Ruby ones to apply the patches to >.<

I've noticed that the EM/Ruby Patches are just dumping The FR Rom data..., so basically all the patches wield the same result.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
    How did you get it? It says there are no available gifts to be found because we're not offering the event any longer. Maybe you had received the gift but never actually went to the Mart to get Jirachi?

When every time I start new Game. Guy from Mart was allways give me once time Jirachi. <I test your rom on DSTWO. Meybe that emulator cause problems>

GoGoJJTech

Years
    Mystery Gift Test #1

Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

So I decided to start in my test rom a new instance of the Mystery Gift UI in C, and I have to say, this took absolutely ages to do lol

The textbox really killed me there, but it's done now. I also hate the Fire Red textbox with a passion >.<

Let me know what you think, this will be 100% like Platinum as promised. Even the Wi-Fi.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2021
    *insert epic picture here*

So I decided to start in my test rom a new instance of the Mystery Gift UI in C, and I have to say, this took absolutely ages to do lol

The textbox really killed me there, but it's done now. I also hate the Fire Red textbox with a passion >.<

Let me know what you think, this will be 100% like Platinum as promised. Even the Wi-Fi.

Looks really nice! But how come you're rewriting mystery gift? Sorry if you said it before but I didn't find it much of a problem:p also a few of us are wondering why you made a patch (or port) to emerald and ruby. They play exactly the same, but it still has me curious.

GoGoJJTech

Years
    Looks really nice! But how come you're rewriting mystery gift? Sorry if you said it before but I didn't find it much of a problem:p also a few of us are wondering why you made a patch (or port) to emerald and ruby. They play exactly the same, but it still has me curious.

I'm rewriting the Mystery Gift function because the Fire Red one and the Platinum one don't behave alike and aren't the same. I also have no control over connecting to events through the Fire Red one with ease. If I rewrite everything, it's literally everything I want it to be.

The reason there are three patches for the alpha is compatibility. Simple as that, no other reason.

Years

Go ahead, see if you spot the difference. It took forever to get everything exactly positioned as it is in Platinum.
    I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but after close investigation I've found two differences: one actually being the positions and the other the color.

If you notice the numbers (which I painstakingly crafted on paint), yours is actually to the left one block too many. And then next to your version of the Mystery Gift, you can see I've blown up the colors of yours (on the top if you can't ready my crude writing) and Game Freaks (on the bottom) and you can really see that GF's colors are much lighter. Now remember these are very, very minor things that no one will notice, so unless you really want to be an overachiever I wouldn't really worry about it.

GoGoJJTech

Years
    I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but after close investigation I've found two differences: one actually being the positions and the other the color.

If you notice the numbers (which I painstakingly crafted on paint), yours is actually to the left one block too many. And then next to your version of the Mystery Gift, you can see I've blown up the colors of yours (on the top if you can't ready my crude writing) and Game Freaks (on the bottom) and you can really see that GF's colors are much lighter. Now remember these are very, very minor things that no one will notice, so unless you really want to be an overachiever I wouldn't really worry about it.

1: The DS's screens are 256 wide, not 240 like the GBA. What you did was cut the DS's screen so it's an incorrect measurement.
    Both my version and the DS's version have the middle box centered on screen perfectly, and your black line actually overlaps the last line.
    Desmume's coloring is brighter compared to VBA. Rhe colors are the same though.

Unbalanced

Divine
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    You do a nice job but this cant be 100% same as platinum or way better than platinum cause its ds vs gba for starters and gamefreak vs a few hackers
    Platinum will always be better just admit it xD
    And tbh firered hacks tend to be bugged like hell and as evidenced by the alpha (rushed or not) there will always be bugs caused no matter what you do
    Not to mention that the hack is just at the begging of the game i can only imagine the big list of bugs after you insert all the complex things and game is completed
    I just have a bad feeling this will turn like liquid crystal in terms of bugs...
    Anyway i will still play the completed hacks and support them and wait for 1.3

And take this as criticism i mean no offence to any member of the hacking team

Last edited by a moderator:

GoGoJJTech

Years
    You do a nice job but this cant be 100% same as platinum or way better than platinum cause its ds vs gba for starters and gamefreak vs a few hackers
    Platinum will always be better just admit it xD
    And tbh firered hacks tend to be bugged like hell and as evidenced by the alpha (rushed or not) there will always be bugs caused no matter what you do
    Not to mention that the hack is just at the begging of the game i can only imagine the big list of bugs after you insert all the complex things and game is completed
    I just have a bad feeling this will turn like liquid crystal in terms of bugs...
    Anyway i will still play the completed hacks and support them and wait for 1.3

And take this as criticism i mean no offence to any member of the hacking team

You just watch me then. I'll pull it off.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    You just watch me then. I'll pull it off.

I absolutely love how cocky and determined you are it makes me feel that this will be a hack for the ages with all of the determination that is just seeping out of your pores (not to be taken as sarcasm)

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years

How's that for Mystery Gift?
    Good enough for you? :D

I really am working hard on this, I hope at least someone appreciates it :3

D:

I bet most of you are curious as to what this screenshot entails, but I'm going to leave that to you to figure out.

And right there, you have your favorite event Pokemon from PR. Easy stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
    whoa that's something really awesome looking.. just like the DS ones.. may the odds be in your favor!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back