• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
  • Okay guys, I know I promised stuff a few days ago, but I had irl stuff happening, and that's got a higher priority than hacking. I hope to post the vids and the guide within the next two days. As for now, here are four screenies.
    healball1.png
    healball2.png
    duskball1.png
    duskball2.png

Please understand.

Your work guys are very much appreciated! As ChrisTheWhiteWolf said, no need to rush :) and I love knowing that the other balls now works too! :)

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Okay guys, I know I promised stuff a few days ago, but I had irl stuff happening, and that's got a higher priority than hacking. I hope to post the vids and the guide within the next two days. As for now, here are four screenies.
    healball1.png
    healball2.png
    duskball1.png
    duskball2.png

Please understand.

132 health at lv. 100.
    What did you do to Arceus?!?!?!

Jokes aside, that's great work. Adding new balls looked really difficult
    going from JPan's research, so kudos to you!

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I see that Pidgey sprite is from Black & White, not from Platinum. So what about other Pokemon spirtes? You take them from Black & White only, or others game too?

Since you said it will be a full Platinum demake, I thought that Pokemon sprites will be also from Platinum.

ChrisTheWhiteWolf

White Lighting
    Years
  • Although some of Platinum's sprite are awful, I agree with Xeron21 on this.
    If it is a FULL Demake it has to have Platinum sprites.
    Maybe those from Black & White can be used on Blue Version.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Although some of Platinum's sprite are awful, I agree with Xeron21 on this.
    If it is a FULL Demake it has to have Platinum sprites.
    Maybe those from Black & White can be used on Blue Version.
    Full doesn't necessarily mean 100%. After all, the hack also includes BW2's repel system and reusable TMs, both of which I think are welcome additions.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    I see that Pidgey sprite is from Black & White, not from Platinum. So what about other Pokemon spirtes? You take them from Black & White only, or others game too?

Since you said it will be a full Platinum demake, I thought that Pokemon sprites will be also from Platinum.
    Platinum sprites are from Chaos' resource afaik, because resizing Platinum sprites? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

Anyways, I herd you liek videos, so here is one showing a working quick ball (just assume it could have escaped if it wasn't the first turn) and heal ball (see the health/pp)?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/30y4rm4kw66kapw/pokeballs.mp4
    Still working on the tut, and haven't had the time to record other balls/Giratina yet, but they're in too!

Last edited:

ChrisTheWhiteWolf

White Lighting
    Years
  • Full doesn't necessarily mean 100%. After all, the hack also includes BW2's repel system and reusable TMs, both of which I think are welcome additions.

I don't disagree, I also like those improvements.
    I was just mentioning the fact that it may lose the feel of Platinum
    Don't take me wrong.
    I support this hack 100% and i believe in these guys.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Platinum sprites are from Chaos' resource afaik, because resizing Platinum sprites? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

Anyways, I herd you liek videos, so here is one showing a working quick ball (just assume it could have escaped if it wasn't the first turn) and heal ball (see the health/pp)?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/30y4rm4kw66kapw/pokeballs.mp4
    Still working on the tut, and haven't had the time to record other balls/Giratina yet, but they're in too!

Well here's this little thing I like to call a

MAJOR UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lfrXkzQUAk

Now this is great and all, since it'll get you in da flow yo fo gen fo
    It also will prove an issue for pal parking to the real platinum but we'll cross that bridge when we get there and stuff so yeah
    enjoy and OP updated!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Well here's this little thing I like to call a MAJOR UPDATE
    I'm too lazy to quote the update. :P
    I really like the new pokeball mechanics/implementations, I can't even comprohend on how to implement those. xD

I wish you luck on the HOTM competition and I really can't wait to play these hacks. :)

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Good hack i love it ,if you need help with anything I'm there and good luck..

I don't think we need anything right now, but are free to join the chat to watch us develop, and if we need anything you're there.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I can help with the titlescreen design. Actually I'm working on it rn.

actually that won't be necessary since the intro movie and titlescreen will be done via coding it, not altering FR's one. Then it's not really "hacking", more like changing.

Durkadurk

Former lurker
    Years
  • actually that won't be necessary since the intro movie and titlescreen will be done via coding it, not altering FR's one. Then it's not really "hacking", more like changing.

Oh okay haha. Well I guess I bid you goodluck on your hacks with daniilS. Your tandem is doing a reeaally great job.

robxu9

Shadowed Warrior
    Years
  • One thing I've noticed in Gen III hacks is that there seems to be nobody wanting to touch the battle screen (e.g. modifying the way battles are presented so that they're more a Gen IV popup style instead of a Gen III slider open style).

I'm assuming that it'd take a crap ton of ASM to even get somewhere close to it (and even though ARM assembly is not as bad as x86... it's still really bad), but would it be remotely possible in the future?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back