• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
  • The hacks are very cool except that rowan didn't gave me the POKeDEX,my game freezes at the middle of the intro when it going to load the moving map,i'm passing through a super nerd
    Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!
    ,when i used a pokeball at a starly lv.3 the pokeball became a black glitch and then the game crashed.....my game file corrupted
    without pokedex.......

without jirachi...........

sniff

But afterall is a amazing hack
    (platinum red) How am i geting this f*****g Jirachi anyway?

lol Go to the PokeMart in Sandgem.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Just in-case you didn't see it, 1.2 is out and the details section has a list of bugs that were fixed and bugs that exist still. Please take note of which bugs exist before you create a bugpost, and also make sure that you have the latest version at all times. I'll let everyone know when a new version comes out, of course.

Check the First Post for the details link and downloads link.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Finished the alpha I even got a modest jirachi lol :D
    Thanks for this gogo.. The music is very nostalgic especially barry's song lol and the follow me routine blew my mind! A lot of people had a hard time doing that and you made it happen thats awesome kudos to you and your team!

Smeargle

Illusory
    Years
  • It was a decent alpha, bugs were expected, I never played platinum but it did bring me back to the days of pokemon diamond.
    All that aside I only encountered one gamebreaking bug, being, the intro resulted in a black screen after a certain point (audio still playing . 128k was on so that wasn't the issue but may just be due to the maps not being available or something.

Anyways, nice stuff, once you've fixed those other bugs listed by everyone you should have something pretty good.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2024
    I mentioned the FR one because I had to get a specific one for the alpha. For Emerald and Ruby, I did use clean, 100% untouched versions. If you have a suggested game dump you'd like me to try out (like how Gamer2020 suggested I use Squirrels Dump) then feel free to let me know.

For Ruby, you should use the dump with a CRC32 checksum of f0815ee7.

This is the most common USA version of Ruby, and it is listed in No-Intro's database as the first revision (Rev. 0, not A or B).

For Emerald, you should use the dump with a CRC32 checksum of 1f1c08fb.

This is the only good USA dump of Emerald listed in No-Intro's database, so I presume that there was only ever one version made.

Thanks! :)

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • Question: Did Sangem's pitch change when it was getting dark? I noticed it sounded a bit off last night and today, it sounds perfectly fine.

Note: This is the first alpha.

Years
  • I now can do the patch without problems, but getting the same bug I have observed before, these are:

after this part of the introduction:

turns black as well, but with the sound normal background, and even after finishing the sound (theoretically ending introduction, but even after the sound has to restart the rom because it will not for the title screen, or by clicking any button)

I've seen other reports from bug

this is one that occurs after the initial choose:

I have not seen any reports from other people, is it just me?

This item can not be caught:

(end of the route 102)

and this is very small, just a mistake in the text, was to appear "alpha v1.2" but as you can see appears "v1.0 alpha" yet

Edit: I am also unable to catch Jirachi, appears this message:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2021
    Hey GoGo! I've played through the alpha multiple times because I LOVE Platinum! It's amazing how you've put so much effort into this, it really shows. However, I think I found a major bug that no one has reported yet. If you save the game right before choosing your starter, and then reset the game, after you choose your starter, the game goes to a black screen. The music still plays normally though. Hope this helps! I can't wait to see what magical wonders you'll pull off... (Oh and guys hold A before the Platinum copyright shows, I thought it was cool)

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • It was a decent alpha, bugs were expected, I never played platinum but it did bring me back to the days of pokemon diamond.
    All that aside I only encountered one gamebreaking bug, being, the intro resulted in a black screen after a certain point (audio still playing . 128k was on so that wasn't the issue but may just be due to the maps not being available or something.

Anyways, nice stuff, once you've fixed those other bugs listed by everyone you should have something pretty good.

The intro isn't complete, so it just stops until you press A or Start.

Question: Did Sangem's pitch change when it was getting dark? I noticed it sounded a bit off last night and today, it sounds perfectly fine.

Note: This is the first alpha.

Day/night music changes. Day music plays from 4AM to 7:59PM.

I now can do the patch without problems, but getting the same bug I have observed before, these are:

after this part of the introduction:

turns black as well, but with the sound normal background, and even after finishing the sound (theoretically ending introduction, but even after the sound has to restart the rom because it will not for the title screen, or by clicking any button)

I've seen other reports from bug

this is one that occurs after the initial choose:

I have not seen any reports from other people, is it just me?

This item can not be caught:

(end of the route 102)

and this is very small, just a mistake in the text, was to appear "alpha v1.2" but as you can see appears "v1.0 alpha" yet

The first thing you showed is issued in the 1.2 details post.
    The second should be available since it works for me. Nobody else reported it yet either actually.
    The third thing, yes, I forgot to change it lol

Years
    • Seen today
    The first thing you showed is issued in the 1.2 details post.
    The second should be available since it works for me. Nobody else reported it yet either actually.
    The third thing, yes, I forgot to change it lol

Same thing happens to me, but all I get is a black screen with the BG music still playing. Alpha ends there for me :C.

EDIT: I had to try two more times, but I finally got through it. I still saw the weird visual glitch where Rowan gets fused with his assistant, and Barry becomes Dawn.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Hey GoGo! I've played through the alpha multiple times because I LOVE Platinum! It's amazing how you've put so much effort into this, it really shows. However, I think I found a major bug that no one has reported yet. If you save the game right before choosing your starter, and then reset the game, after you choose your starter, the game goes to a black screen. The music still plays normally though. Hope this helps! I can't wait to see what magical wonders you'll pull off... (Oh and guys hold A before the Platinum copyright shows, I thought it was cool)

Yeah I see the issue now. It has to do with the callback system, I guess it's not understanding what to do with itself lol. We'll see what happens.

Crimnor

» imperishable
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2020
    I know this is supposed to be a early alpha release but I feel like it would have been better to wait. The features are nicely done and you get that Platinum feeling for sure but damn, the amount of bugs is a huge turn off. Also whats the point on releasing multiple patches for multiple versions such as Emerald and Ruby? Everyone knows it is based of off FireRed and therefore it should be the only option when it comes down to patching. In the end this is none of my business but seeing all these "Damn my Ruby/Emerald ROM didnt work, pls help" posts seems like a huge waste of time.

Overall I am a bit disappointment considering the hype you build up and given the amount of time you spent, still I am looking forward for future releases. Just take your time and get your stuff together, no need to rush anything. I know you can do better than this. Keep it up, good sir.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • Finnaly I found way to patch it... <RUBY AND EMERALD PATCH DO NOT WORK XD>
    So... I seen few things that I do not like in that game.
    1. Ok. Rowan Bad pallete. But Why Bunyear is cuted off?
    2. Twinleaf town snow do not make footprints when you step on it <It's simple to set in Behaviour data>
    3. No door Animations
    4. For activate scripts you must allways do one step forward <Ok. I understand. But it can be remaded for Chose starter thing>
    5. Turtwig seems do not have other move than Tackle
    6. Strange. But I have catched Starly sign when I do not get them.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Hello everybody, Happy Holidays. I'm on my way home now, sorry for the quick leave without word.

I'm actually about to give some of you relief lol.

I found out what daniil had done regarding mystery gift, so once I come home I'll release v1.21 which is just to fix the Jirachi event and some smaller bugs. The way to get mystery gift now is -
    1: Go to the lab and "receive the dex"
    2: Save the game
    3: Reset the game and go to the "Mystery Gift" option.
    4: Receive your gift and talk to the person in the mart.

Thing to note: If you talk to the person in the mart before doing these steps he will disappear and you won't be able to get Jirachi.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Alpha 1.21 Release!

ALPHA 1.21 RELEASE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boRbK37qP5o

Alpha 1.21 is an extension of Alpha 1.2. The only changes are a few tile permission errors and the Jirachi event. You can receive the Jirachi on any device now.

KNOWN BUGS - Will be fixed very very soon
    Spoiler:

To receive the Mystery Gift Jirachi, play this version on 12/25/14 or 12/26/14. Follow these steps:
    1: Finish the Rowan Lab event
    2: Save game
    3: Reset and choose "Mystery Gift" on the menu
    4: Receive Gift
    5: Go to the Mart and talk to the employee to receive your Jirachi

Links details

Get a clean, untouched rom of your choice and apply the ups patch that corresponds to it. Use a UPS patcher.
    Fire Red patch (Use the rom dump "Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)")- https://gogojjtech.com/platinum-red-and-blue/downloads/alpha-1.2.1/

To patch, simply open the UPS patcher and follow these steps:
    Download a clean rom of your choice and download the patch that goes with it.
    Click "Apply Patch to an Existing File"
    Where it says UPS Patch File to Apply, browse the patch file.
    Next under that, browse for the clean rom.
    Hit patch and enjoy!

If you receive a checksum error, your rom isn't clean and must be received 100% vanilla, or untouched. Since I am not allowed to post links to roms or tell you where to get them, it's on you to find a clean rom. Good luck!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back